Upvote Upvoted 0 Downvote Downvoted
Internet Problems
posted in Off Topic
0 Frags +

So this is my internet right now. It's roughly 80$ a month which it's beyond me why it's not 10$ a month. Anyway here's my upload and DL speeds along with ping. The place I'm testing to is about 2 hours away. There aren't any other Isps in my city I can switch to so I guess that's why it's so shitty maybe? I guess no competing providers so they can do this and not have it be criminal? Anyway I need some advice about what to do because I have no clue what to do when it gets this back. It's charter btw if that means anything

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4106398336

So this is my internet right now. It's roughly 80$ a month which it's beyond me why it's not 10$ a month. Anyway here's my upload and DL speeds along with ping. The place I'm testing to is about 2 hours away. There aren't any other Isps in my city I can switch to so I guess that's why it's so shitty maybe? I guess no competing providers so they can do this and not have it be criminal? Anyway I need some advice about what to do because I have no clue what to do when it gets this back. It's charter btw if that means anything

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4106398336
0 Frags +

Do they advertise it as broadband?
Because if they do it's technically against the law now. You can probably sue them or something.

Anyways, what are the promised speeds in your contract?

Do they advertise it as broadband?
Because if they do it's technically against the law now. You can probably sue them or something.

0 Frags +
TwistedDo they advertise it as broadband?

In the USA, broadband was considered anything above 4mbps... until a few days ago, when it was upgraded to 25mbps.

Not really much you can do other than call your ISP and hope that they care. When I had issues with Charter internet I called them up and they had a guy come over and give me a new modem.. seems to fix the issue each time, but it happens relatively frequently.

Is this what you pay for? Or should you be getting higher speeds?

[quote=Twisted]Do they advertise it as broadband?

Anyways, what are the promised speeds in your contract?[/quote]
In the USA, broadband was considered anything above 4mbps... [url=http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/2015/01/30/FCC-Change-Means-Millions-No-Longer-Have-Broadband-Internet]until a few days ago[/url], when it was upgraded to 25mbps.

Not really much you can do other than call your ISP and hope that they care. When I had issues with Charter internet I called them up and they had a guy come over and give me a new modem.. seems to fix the issue each time, but it happens relatively frequently.

Is this what you pay for? Or should you be getting higher speeds?
0 Frags +

Well I can't remember off the top of my head and I'm trying to check through the website but it could possibly be the worst run site I've ever been on in my entire life. It's not wanting me to get to that stuff so I can't say until the next time the bills paid

Well I can't remember off the top of my head and I'm trying to check through the website but it could possibly be the worst run site I've ever been on in my entire life. It's not wanting me to get to that stuff so I can't say until the next time the bills paid
0 Frags +

Have you contacted your ISP at all?

Have you contacted your ISP at all?
3 Frags +
Dr_DjonesHave you contacted your ISP at all?

Yes many times they've come out and said everything is fine. I've threatened to switch providers and posted my speedtest on their facebook page (lol)

[quote=Dr_Djones]Have you contacted your ISP at all?[/quote]

Yes many times they've come out and said everything is fine. I've threatened to switch providers and posted my speedtest on their facebook page (lol)
1 Frags +

That upload... I would kill for that upload speed, it's 9x mine.

That upload... I would kill for that upload speed, it's 9x mine.
4 Frags +
nopeThat upload... I would kill for that upload speed, it's 9x mine.

Yeah but you live in the ass end of the world.

[quote=nope]That upload... I would kill for that upload speed, it's 9x mine.[/quote]

Yeah but you live in the ass end of the world.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.