Upvote Upvoted 5 Downvote Downvoted
Help - Sound Lowering On Communication
posted in Hardware
0 Frags +

I know about the Communication setting in windows to lower your sound when mumble is going on, and there's an option in mumble. Both of these are turned off, but it STILL reduces my volume when someone is talking in mumble. WTF is going on here, someone help me please. It's driving me mad.

I know about the Communication setting in windows to lower your sound when mumble is going on, and there's an option in mumble. Both of these are turned off, but it STILL reduces my volume when someone is talking in mumble. WTF is going on here, someone help me please. It's driving me mad.
1 Frags +

Mumble also has an audio attenuation setting, so check that before anything else. Should be under Settings>Advanced>Audio Output

Otherwise, I also had this same problem a while back on my Win7 computer. For me, it seemed to stop when I restarted the windows audio services.

Open up command prompt;

net stop audiosrv
net stop AudioEndpointBuilder
net start audiosrv
net start AudioEndpointBuilder

If the service fails to restart at this point, it's might be a conflicting driver problem (e.g. I use the Logitech G930, which uses a different driver to emulate 7.1 and at least on Win8 sometimes causes audio crashes) and you'd have to restart though.

EDIT: Can't read, you mentioned the Mumble setting. Coffee hadn't kicked in yet, sorry.

Mumble also has an audio attenuation setting, so check that before anything else. Should be under Settings>Advanced>Audio Output

Otherwise, I also had this same problem a while back on my Win7 computer. For me, it seemed to stop when I restarted the windows audio services.

Open up command prompt;

net stop audiosrv
net stop AudioEndpointBuilder
net start audiosrv
net start AudioEndpointBuilder

If the service fails to restart at this point, it's might be a conflicting driver problem (e.g. I use the Logitech G930, which uses a different driver to emulate 7.1 and at least on Win8 sometimes causes audio crashes) and you'd have to restart though.

EDIT: Can't read, you mentioned the Mumble setting. Coffee hadn't kicked in yet, sorry.
1 Frags +

Unfortunately that didn't work either :(

Unfortunately that didn't work either :(
2 Frags +

It's so annoying, somebody help please :c

It only happens when I'm running a game, doesn't matter if it's fullscreen or windowed.

It's so annoying, somebody help please :c

It only happens when I'm running a game, doesn't matter if it's fullscreen or windowed.
2 Frags +

windows -> sound, 5th tab over

http://i.imgur.com/QpQC3Tx.png

windows -> sound, 5th tab over

[img]http://i.imgur.com/QpQC3Tx.png[/img]
0 Frags +

Sound device properties -> Advanced -> untick "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device"
If that doesn't work try to update sound card drivers or try to use older driver.

Sound device properties -> Advanced -> untick "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device"
If that doesn't work try to update sound card drivers or try to use older driver.
0 Frags +

Tried both of those, still happens. It was working fine 3 days ago, then I turn on my PC one day and it's fucked.

Tried both of those, still happens. It was working fine 3 days ago, then I turn on my PC one day and it's fucked.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.