Upvote Upvoted 64 Downvote Downvoted
1 2
TF2Povs Revamped!
posted in Videos
newbie.tf
0 Frags +

I'm really happy to announce...

http://youtu.be/lzomRcnEt3o

Hey guys. I'm happy to announce that I've been given access to uploading content on the TF2Povs youtube channel. I'll be working with as many high level players as I can to get quality as many mumble-accompanied POVs as possible. If you're a top level player interested in ways help out, add me on steam or hit me up on tftv messages.

I'm really happy to announce...

[youtube]http://youtu.be/lzomRcnEt3o[/youtube]

Hey guys. I'm happy to announce that I've been given access to uploading content on the TF2Povs youtube channel. I'll be working with as many high level players as I can to get quality as many mumble-accompanied POVs as possible. If you're a top level player interested in ways help out, add me on steam or hit me up on tftv messages.
4 Frags +

Thank you for doing it.

Thank you for doing it.
5 Frags +

Kevin you're the best

Kevin you're the best
5 Frags +

Pls use the tf.tv hud or some equally well established and good looking hud.

Pls use the tf.tv hud or some equally well established and good looking hud.
-7 Frags +
PhunkPls use the tf.tv hud or some equally well established and good looking hud.

they are prec pov's its the hud of whatever the player itself has (i think i may be wrong).

[quote=Phunk]Pls use the tf.tv hud or some equally well established and good looking hud.[/quote]
they are prec pov's its the hud of whatever the player itself has (i think i may be wrong).
5 Frags +
ManSkirtDude101PhunkPls use the tf.tv hud or some equally well established and good looking hud.they are prec pov's its the hud of whatever the player itself has (i think i may be wrong).

it uses whichever hud the player recording the prec demo uses

[quote=ManSkirtDude101][quote=Phunk]Pls use the tf.tv hud or some equally well established and good looking hud.[/quote]
they are prec pov's its the hud of whatever the player itself has (i think i may be wrong).[/quote]

it uses whichever hud the player recording the prec demo uses
1 Frags +

Kevin you are the best
where do i donate

Kevin you are the best
where do i donate
-5 Frags +

Return of the: "insert famous tf2 player name here" DID THAT SO IT MUST BE AN EDUCATED DECISION NOT JUST HIGH LEVER PLAYERS THROWING AND THEREFORE I WILL DO IT EXPECTING GLORY AND BE CONFUSED WHEN IT DOESN'T WORK OUT.

Return of the: "insert famous tf2 player name here" DID THAT SO IT MUST BE AN EDUCATED DECISION NOT JUST HIGH LEVER PLAYERS THROWING AND THEREFORE I WILL DO IT EXPECTING GLORY AND BE CONFUSED WHEN IT DOESN'T WORK OUT.
2 Frags +

May I ask out of curiosity how you intend to sync Mumble comms with POV? In my experience they go out of sync very slightly and it's difficult to perfect. Have you mastered it sir? If so, I'm interested to know how.

May I ask out of curiosity how you intend to sync Mumble comms with POV? In my experience they go out of sync very slightly and it's difficult to perfect. Have you mastered it sir? If so, I'm interested to know how.
0 Frags +

Another good tf2 channel back in shipshape
How frequently are we gunna get povs uploaded?

Another good tf2 channel back in shipshape
How frequently are we gunna get povs uploaded?
0 Frags +

:)

:)
newbie.tf
5 Frags +
GetawhaleMay I ask out of curiosity how you intend to sync Mumble comms with POV? In my experience they go out of sync very slightly and it's difficult to perfect. Have you mastered it sir? If so, I'm interested to know how.

Basically a lot of tinkering. It's really hard to get them perfect, and mumble comms really like de-syncing. But there will be two ways to get the content to the channel, just like before I kinda took the reigns. The first way is the POV/ Mumble Recording technique (example). The second way is local recording/ stream vods that can be uploaded (example).

futureHow frequently are we gunna get povs uploaded?

As frequent as I get sent things. If I find that there isn't a lot of content being pushed toward the channel (I already have a few contancts) or if the content gets stale (same few teams constantly), I'll branch out and get more POVs from people. The minimum goal is at least and upload every week or so during the on-season. I also have plans for stretching content over the off-season as well.

[quote=Getawhale]May I ask out of curiosity how you intend to sync Mumble comms with POV? In my experience they go out of sync very slightly and it's difficult to perfect. Have you mastered it sir? If so, I'm interested to know how.[/quote]
Basically a lot of tinkering. It's really hard to get them perfect, and mumble comms really like de-syncing. But there will be two ways to get the content to the channel, just like before I kinda took the reigns. The first way is the POV/ Mumble Recording technique ([url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mAsaXnT7cE]example[/url]). The second way is local recording/ stream vods that can be uploaded ([url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycJJ9U-TnIc]example[/url]).

[quote=future]How frequently are we gunna get povs uploaded?[/quote]
As frequent as I get sent things. If I find that there isn't a lot of content being pushed toward the channel (I already have a few contancts) or if the content gets stale (same few teams constantly), I'll branch out and get more POVs from people. The minimum goal is at least and upload every week or so during the on-season. I also have plans for stretching content over the off-season as well.
5 Frags +

Great initiative :>

Great initiative :>
-6 Frags +

Is Prem/Invite/Platinum the only level of play you are accepting?

I'm sure lower levels of skill could reproduce the same thing and lower level POV's could be somewhat easier for newer players to interpret than watching a high level POV and trying to replicate a 'play' and then wondering why it goes horribly wrong.

Is Prem/Invite/Platinum the only level of play you are accepting?

I'm sure lower levels of skill could reproduce the same thing and lower level POV's could be somewhat easier for newer players to interpret than watching a high level POV and trying to replicate a 'play' and then wondering why it goes horribly wrong.
2 Frags +

Yea I would totally watch some good IM players or even like high open playoffs type of stuff.

Yea I would totally watch some good IM players or even like high open playoffs type of stuff.
4 Frags +
tstmI'm sure lower levels of skill could reproduce the same thing and lower level POV's

Maybe experienced players reviewing demos is as helpful as watching experienced players play.
I vote to add 'Pro reviews a demo' segment to the show, because it's easier for the veteran players.

[quote=tstm]I'm sure lower levels of skill could reproduce the same thing and lower level POV's [/quote]

Maybe experienced players reviewing demos is as helpful as watching experienced players play.
I vote to add 'Pro reviews a demo' segment to the show, because it's easier for the veteran players.
-3 Frags +

I would very much enjoy watching good open teams and IM teams. I think they're even more fun to watch in fact

I would very much enjoy watching good open teams and IM teams. I think they're even more fun to watch in fact
1 Frags +

if you could get demo reviews on there that would be awesome

if you could get demo reviews on there that would be awesome
newbie.tf
3 Frags +

The plan is to post highest-division content during on-season and lower divs during throughout the off season to tide people over till the next on season.

Hopefully that will work out. I may end up changing it if it doesn't though.

The plan is to post highest-division content during on-season and lower divs during throughout the off season to tide people over till the next on season.

Hopefully that will work out. I may end up changing it if it doesn't though.
1 Frags +

This will be very useful for lower level players, seconding the demo review suggestion. you're doing great work, kevin.

This will be very useful for lower level players, seconding the demo review suggestion. you're doing great work, kevin.
newbie.tf
3 Frags +
parkThis will be very useful for lower level players, seconding the demo review suggestion. you're doing great work, kevin.

I'll definitely be expanding on what the channel offers over time. Right now, I'm doing a few hours of work beyond the hats every day as well, along with being a full time student, so I don't have a huge amount of time to organize all that. Come summer time (14ish weeks from now), expect a lot more with this channel.

Currently, expect regular POV uploads!

[quote=park]This will be very useful for lower level players, seconding the demo review suggestion. you're doing great work, kevin.[/quote]
I'll definitely be expanding on what the channel offers over time. Right now, I'm doing a few hours of work beyond the hats every day as well, along with being a full time student, so I don't have a huge amount of time to organize all that. Come summer time (14ish weeks from now), expect a lot more with this channel.

Currently, expect regular POV uploads!
5 Frags +

Any chance that we can get a structure in place for autorecordings of mumble on tf.tv? I know that we at least have no problem with sitting on the tftv mumble cause teamcomms are pretty much the funniest thing about us.

Otherwise I'll just set up a note somewhere to remind myself to record at least all of our officials this season, get in touch if you want them :>

Any chance that we can get a structure in place for autorecordings of mumble on tf.tv? I know that we at least have no problem with sitting on the tftv mumble cause teamcomms are pretty much the funniest thing about us.

Otherwise I'll just set up a note somewhere to remind myself to record at least all of our officials this season, get in touch if you want them :>
1 Frags +

Kind of off-topic but is there a sort of P-Rec for mumble, it would be helpful when doing demo reviews and such?

Kind of off-topic but is there a sort of P-Rec for mumble, it would be helpful when doing demo reviews and such?
newbie.tf
0 Frags +
kounterpartsKind of off-topic but is there a sort of P-Rec for mumble, it would be helpful when doing demo reviews and such?

The built-in recording function is really intuitive, I don't think a separate took would be too necessary.

[quote=kounterparts]Kind of off-topic but is there a sort of P-Rec for mumble, it would be helpful when doing demo reviews and such?[/quote]
The built-in recording function is really intuitive, I don't think a separate took would be too necessary.
1 Frags +
KevinIsPwnkounterpartsKind of off-topic but is there a sort of P-Rec for mumble, it would be helpful when doing demo reviews and such?The built-in recording function is really intuitive, I don't think a separate took would be too necessary.

I meant a automatic recording, but I assume that I can just do manually, thanks for the response though!

[quote=KevinIsPwn][quote=kounterparts]Kind of off-topic but is there a sort of P-Rec for mumble, it would be helpful when doing demo reviews and such?[/quote]
The built-in recording function is really intuitive, I don't think a separate took would be too necessary.[/quote]

I meant a automatic recording, but I assume that I can just do manually, thanks for the response though!
0 Frags +

im sweating

im sweating
newbie.tf
7 Frags +

I'd love to get a few more Invite/ Plat/ Prem POVs as the seasons wind down. During the offseasons, I will be taking one-division-lower. For example, I would post a Gold HL POV or an IM 6s POV.

If you have any povs recorded that you're willing to share, please feel free to message me on tftv or steam. woooo

I'd love to get a few more Invite/ Plat/ Prem POVs as the seasons wind down. During the offseasons, I will be taking one-division-lower. For example, I would post a Gold HL POV or an IM 6s POV.

If you have any povs recorded that you're willing to share, please feel free to message me on tftv or steam. woooo
1 Frags +

Kevin you really do PWN

Show Content
KEVINISPWN
Kevin you really do PWN

[spoiler]KEVINISPWN[/spoiler]
1 Frags +

Just to be clear - #27 seems to suggest that HL content will be uploaded. Will it be as regular as 6s content or will it be uploaded less?

Just to be clear - #27 seems to suggest that HL content will be uploaded. Will it be as regular as 6s content or will it be uploaded less?
newbie.tf
0 Frags +
pl3xJust to be clear - #27 seems to suggest that HL content will be uploaded. Will it be as regular as 6s content or will it be uploaded less?

I will upload the high level povs that I get. The upload frequency the format gets is dependent on how often I get submissions from the format. Simple as that.

Also, I already uploaded a HL POV so it shouldn't be news that I'm going to start integrating HL content. A lot of players seemed to be excited that the channel is starting to do HL stuff.

[quote=pl3x]Just to be clear - #27 seems to suggest that HL content will be uploaded. Will it be as regular as 6s content or will it be uploaded less?[/quote]
I will upload the high level povs that I get. The upload frequency the format gets is dependent on how often I get submissions from the format. Simple as that.

Also, I already uploaded a HL POV so it shouldn't be news that I'm going to start integrating HL content. A lot of players seemed to be excited that the channel is starting to do HL stuff.
1 2
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.