Upvote Upvoted 13 Downvote Downvoted
Random Invisible Props/World Objects/Players
posted in Q/A Help
0 Frags +

I've been running into this issue the last couple of weeks where at seemingly random moments my game will suddenly appear like this when playing on a server:

http://i.imgur.com/ybRwiEc.png

This most commonly occurred within a few minutes of joining a DM server, but lately has been more apparent anywhere I might join, and happened for the first time in a match last night. Afraid I only have the one picture but it generally seems most "extraneous" objects become invisible (boxes, boards, shutters, etc.). Players also become invisible, but recording-> stopping a demo seems to make them appear again. The only way to fix the world issues has been through restarting the game.

I've searched for fixes but most "invisible world objects/props" just bring up map-making threads. Verifying local files did not fix the issue, and considering my scrim schedule and terrible internet I'd prefer not having to redownload TF2 for three days straight unless it would definitively help. Thanks a bunch for any assistance or suggestions.

I've been running into this issue the last couple of weeks where at seemingly random moments my game will suddenly appear like this when playing on a server:

http://i.imgur.com/ybRwiEc.png

This most commonly occurred within a few minutes of joining a DM server, but lately has been more apparent anywhere I might join, and happened for the first time in a match last night. Afraid I only have the one picture but it generally seems most "extraneous" objects become invisible (boxes, boards, shutters, etc.). Players also become invisible, but recording-> stopping a demo seems to make them appear again. The only way to fix the world issues has been through restarting the game.

I've searched for fixes but most "invisible world objects/props" just bring up map-making threads. Verifying local files did not fix the issue, and considering my scrim schedule and terrible internet I'd prefer not having to redownload TF2 for three days straight unless it would definitively help. Thanks a bunch for any assistance or suggestions.
2 Frags +

Are you using viewmodel_fov -360?

Are you using viewmodel_fov -360?
0 Frags +

Yes I am. Or viewmodel_fov 360 to be accurate but I believe I remember them having the same effect for removing tracers.

Yes I am. Or viewmodel_fov 360 to be accurate but I believe I remember them having the same effect for removing tracers.
4 Frags +

Try switching off that and let me know if it goes back to normal, it used to happen to me too.

Try switching off that and let me know if it goes back to normal, it used to happen to me too.
0 Frags +

Alright, it's been very hit or miss when the issue crops up but I'll run without that and update if I keep having the same problem come up. Thank you for the quick response.

Alright, it's been very hit or miss when the issue crops up but I'll run without that and update if I keep having the same problem come up. Thank you for the quick response.
1 Frags +

There have been several threads about this and the consensus is that viewmodel_fov 360 causes it.

Does anyone know the correct way to block pyro flames now?

There have been several threads about this and the consensus is that viewmodel_fov 360 causes it.

0 Frags +

My bad then, I looked through a few pages but didn't notice any other threads at the time. I'm running viewmodel_fov 0 at the moment which I'm assuming would be a fine value. I just read and tested viewmodel_fov 0.01, which does appear to remove tracers and pyro flames. However I'm unsure of if that would cause the same issues as viewmodel_fov 360.

My bad then, I looked through a few pages but didn't notice any other threads at the time. I'm running viewmodel_fov 0 at the moment which I'm assuming would be a fine value. I just read and tested viewmodel_fov 0.01, which does appear to remove tracers and pyro flames. However I'm unsure of if that would cause the same issues as viewmodel_fov 360.
0 Frags +
SplitMy bad then, I looked through a few pages but didn't notice any other threads at the time. I'm running viewmodel_fov 0 at the moment which I'm assuming would be a fine value. I just read and tested viewmodel_fov 0.01, which does appear to remove tracers and pyro flames. However I'm unsure of if that would cause the same issues as viewmodel_fov 360.

Viewmodel_fov 0.01 has been working for weeks without any problems for me in dm/scrims/pubs. Joined a mge server yesterday and it almost instantly fucked up again.

Since the this issue started popping up I've also been having a lot of noreg/input lag issues. Anyone else having similar problems? Game just feels like shit and a lot of times people are right in my face and stop moving/strafe into walls and even the most aligned shot can do 30 dmg or sometimes even nothing, as if the game was registering the shot way too late.
Maybe I just got uber shit and I'm completely delusional... who knows.

[quote=Split]My bad then, I looked through a few pages but didn't notice any other threads at the time. I'm running viewmodel_fov 0 at the moment which I'm assuming would be a fine value. I just read and tested viewmodel_fov 0.01, which does appear to remove tracers and pyro flames. However I'm unsure of if that would cause the same issues as viewmodel_fov 360.[/quote]
Viewmodel_fov 0.01 has been working for weeks without any problems for me in dm/scrims/pubs. Joined a mge server yesterday and it almost instantly fucked up again.

Since the this issue started popping up I've also been having a lot of noreg/input lag issues. Anyone else having similar problems? Game just feels like shit and a lot of times people are right in my face and stop moving/strafe into walls and even the most aligned shot can do 30 dmg or sometimes even nothing, as if the game was registering the shot way too late.
Maybe I just got uber shit and I'm completely delusional... who knows.
-1 Frags +
smoboThere have been several threads about this and the consensus is that viewmodel_fov 360 causes it.

I don't think there is a way atm, we just have to wait on valve time. I've heard that a fix for this will be in their next update, so fingers crossed it comes on monday.

[quote=smobo]There have been several threads about this and the consensus is that viewmodel_fov 360 causes it.

Does anyone know the correct way to block pyro flames now?[/quote]
I don't think there is a way atm, we just have to wait on valve time. I've heard that a fix for this will be in their next update, so fingers crossed it comes on monday.
0 Frags +

I was told in a dm server by... someone idk. that using .05 will remove tracers and flames without causing the bug. Don't take my word for it but hey it's something

I was told in a dm server by... someone idk. that using .05 will remove tracers and flames without causing the bug. Don't take my word for it but hey it's something
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.