Upvote Upvoted 25 Downvote Downvoted
1 2
ESEA gives no fucks
posted in Esports
0 Frags +

http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/2wl8qz/warning_esea_shows_complete_disregard_for_your/

d i g i t a l s p o r t s

http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/2wl8qz/warning_esea_shows_complete_disregard_for_your/

d i g i t a l s p o r t s
19 Frags +

Probably 80% of shit you use online is trash at security. (Passwords themselves are a flaw) ESEA has the ability to be more secure, so that's BS that they aren't.

Probably 80% of shit you use online is trash at security. (Passwords themselves are a flaw) ESEA has the ability to be more secure, so that's BS that they aren't.
newbie.tf
-17 Frags +

ESEA passwords are randomly generated though. So it doesn't matter, does it? You just get a new one if the current one is compromised.

Any email you get containing a lost password shows a "disregard for your password security".

ESEA passwords are randomly generated though. So it doesn't matter, does it? You just get a new one if the current one is compromised.

Any email you get containing a lost password shows a "disregard for your password security".
10 Frags +
KevinIsPwnESEA passwords are randomly generated though. So it doesn't matter, does it? You just get a new one if the current one is compromised.

Did you read the link? They dont even have an ssl certificate. This is a huge deal for a league/company paying out sums in the range of hundreds of thousands of dollars.

To be honest Im not surprised at all, esea is as sleazy as one can be, but that's what happens when u got an uncontested monopoly.

[quote=KevinIsPwn]ESEA passwords are randomly generated though. So it doesn't matter, does it? You just get a new one if the current one is compromised.

Any email you get containing a lost password shows a "disregard for your password security".[/quote]
Did you read the link? They dont even have an ssl certificate. This is a huge deal for a league/company paying out sums in the range of hundreds of thousands of dollars.

To be honest Im not surprised at all, esea is as sleazy as one can be, but that's what happens when u got an uncontested monopoly.
newbie.tf
-5 Frags +
KanecoDid you read the link? They dont even have an ssl certificate. This is a huge deal for a league/company paying out sums in the range of hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Yes, I did read it. Why would I reply to something I didn't read?

All the problems deal with people being able to compromise your randomly generated, esea-specific password or your randomly generated, esea-specific auth code.

Bad practice? Yeah, sure.

Reason to "not use or pay for ESEA (at least until they address these security flaws)"? No.

[quote=Kaneco]Did you read the link? They dont even have an ssl certificate. This is a huge deal for a league/company paying out sums in the range of hundreds of thousands of dollars.[/quote]

Yes, I did read it. Why would I reply to something I didn't read?

All the problems deal with people being able to compromise your randomly generated, esea-specific password or your randomly generated, esea-specific auth code.

Bad practice? Yeah, sure.

Reason to "not use or pay for ESEA (at least until they address these security flaws)"? No.
10 Frags +

The moral of the story is, don't use a password you care about on ESEA.

The moral of the story is, don't use a password you care about on ESEA.
cp_granary_pro
10 Frags +

im gunna hack ur esea then i will rule the world

im gunna hack ur esea then i will rule the world
1 Frags +
#54 Turks And Caicos Islands  ESEA Black Accountlpkane
#49 if we stored any financial information or passwords in plaintext then you'd certainly have a right to be concerned

i mean dude lies all the time but whatever its a successful business

[code]#54 Turks And Caicos Islands ESEA Black Accountlpkane
#49 if we stored any financial information or passwords in plaintext then you'd certainly have a right to be concerned[/code]

i mean dude lies all the time but whatever its a successful business
-8 Frags +

I choose to believe this is why uni posts retarded things on all the match comms. He was hacked!

I choose to believe this is why uni posts retarded things on all the match comms. He was hacked!
-8 Frags +

would someone go through the trouble of acquiring your esea account? what are they going to do, pay your league fees? change your name to something embarrassing? not trying to illegitimate the issue but no one is going to bother doing a mitm attack for something as fruitless as an esea account. you have nothing to worry about. just change your password.

would someone go through the trouble of acquiring your esea account? what are they going to do, pay your league fees? change your name to something embarrassing? not trying to illegitimate the issue but no one is going to bother doing a mitm attack for something as fruitless as an esea account. you have nothing to worry about. just change your password.
23 Frags +

Here was me all this time thinking ESEA truly cared about everyone

Here was me all this time thinking ESEA truly cared about everyone
11 Frags +

lpkane's password is probably just password, someone might as well just pastebin a bunch of password hashes already and be done with ESEA.

lpkane's password is probably just password, someone might as well just pastebin a bunch of password hashes already and be done with ESEA.
7 Frags +
hooliwould someone go through the trouble of acquiring your esea account? what are they going to do, pay your league fees? change your name to something embarrassing? not trying to illegitimate the issue but no one is going to bother doing a mitm attack for something as fruitless as an esea account. you have nothing to worry about. just change your password.

What's scary is the fact that ESEA has absolutely no regard for security at all. It also suggests that if someone was going to gain compromise of ESEA they'd have your passwords in plaintext. Also almost everyone with interesting accounts gathers in the same hotel for a weekend a couple of times a year...

[quote=hooli]would someone go through the trouble of acquiring your esea account? what are they going to do, pay your league fees? change your name to something embarrassing? not trying to illegitimate the issue but no one is going to bother doing a mitm attack for something as fruitless as an esea account. you have nothing to worry about. just change your password.[/quote]

What's scary is the fact that ESEA has absolutely no regard for security at all. It also suggests that if someone was going to gain compromise of ESEA they'd have your passwords in plaintext. Also almost everyone with interesting accounts gathers in the same hotel for a weekend a couple of times a year...
0 Frags +

do you think the they just give people administrative access to the network at lan?

do you think the they just give people administrative access to the network at lan?
-2 Frags +

even if someone cared enough to gather these passwords the worst thing they could do is impersonate a player lol all the payment information is stored on third party websites, it's really not that big of a deal for esea to have a secure website.

EDIT: assuming people use different passwords for their shit.

even if someone cared enough to gather these passwords the worst thing they could do is impersonate a player lol all the payment information is stored on third party websites, it's really not that big of a deal for esea to have a secure website.

EDIT: assuming people use different passwords for their shit.
10 Frags +

still better than cevo

still better than cevo
7 Frags +

after this season of esea I've realized how shit it is, I used to think it was better than any other league in tf2 but now I think its garbage just because of the way the servers and client is run

after this season of esea I've realized how shit it is, I used to think it was better than any other league in tf2 but now I think its garbage just because of the way the servers and client is run
1 Frags +
gargleburryafter this season of esea I've realized how shit it is, I used to think it was better than any other league in tf2 but now I think its garbage just because of the way the servers and client is run

did they not fix the servers???

[quote=gargleburry]after this season of esea I've realized how shit it is, I used to think it was better than any other league in tf2 but now I think its garbage just because of the way the servers and client is run[/quote]
did they not fix the servers???
-11 Frags +

if you think ugc is any better then ive got bad news for you son

if you think ugc is any better then ive got bad news for you son
-5 Frags +

Oh yes i bet the fact that esea having a "monopoly" in the fucking most lucrative esport over (tf2) is the reason they still exist. CEVO?MLG?FACEIT???

Oh yes i bet the fact that esea having a "monopoly" in the fucking most lucrative esport over (tf2) is the reason they still exist. CEVO?MLG?FACEIT???
-2 Frags +

they also have a "monopoly" in the NA CS scene but I would chalk that up to NA's lack of interest/respect for eSports and video games rather than because they are the best.

they also have a "monopoly" in the NA CS scene but I would chalk that up to NA's lack of interest/respect for eSports and video games rather than because they are the best.
8 Frags +
Geknaiirgargleburryafter this season of esea I've realized how shit it is, I used to think it was better than any other league in tf2 but now I think its garbage just because of the way the servers and client is rundid they not fix the servers???

I just played a match had 200 ping the entire game with rubber banding. I went on a dustbowl skial server and I got 30 ping

[quote=Geknaiir][quote=gargleburry]after this season of esea I've realized how shit it is, I used to think it was better than any other league in tf2 but now I think its garbage just because of the way the servers and client is run[/quote]
did they not fix the servers???[/quote]
I just played a match had 200 ping the entire game with rubber banding. I went on a dustbowl skial server and I got 30 ping
12 Frags +

LPKane's response "This is a gaming site, not a banking site. If you really feel that concerned, use a different password"
his shitty responses are un paralleled. Try harder EA try harder

LPKane's response "This is a gaming site, not a banking site. If you really feel that concerned, use a different password"
his shitty responses are un paralleled. Try harder EA try harder
16 Frags +

their stone-age website is a big embarrassment, but I still feel their client is the greater evil if you're going to pick something about ESEA to be concerned about

ESEA Computer Monitoring and File Copying

20. On or about April 3, 2013, using the full administrative access to end-users' computers, ESEA created the ESEA Monitoring Code to track the programs that ESEA end-users ran on their computers. The ESEA Monitoring Code monitored computer activity even when end-users were not using ESEA services and the ESEA Software was not turned on. ESEA concealed the ESEA Monitoring Code in the ESEA Software driver on end-users' computers. ESEA also programed the ESEA Software to reload the ESEA Monitoring Code even if endusers attempted to "unload" the driver. 

21. Prior to implementation, Thunberg approved the ESEA Monitoring Code and allowed the ESEA Monitoring Code to be place on end-users' computers via the ESEA Software.

22. In at least several instances, ESEA employees used the ESEA Software to copy files from ESEA end-users' computers.

considering client is still catching cheaters, and the fact that ESEA has admitted to their client having features, not unlike common malware, that collect "necessary" information pertaining to potential cheaters, I am left assuming that they are still deploying this type of software to their clients

hopefully lpkane is still abiding by the business practices outlined in his judgment lol

12. Settling Defendants shall not download or otherwise deploy any computer code, program, or software onto a person's computer without explicit authorization and without clear and conspicuous notification prior to such deployment.

13. Settling Defendants shall not upload, copy, store, or otherwise access the files stored on a consumers' computers without explicit authorization and without clear and conspicuous notification prior to such access.

14. Settling Defendants shall not monitor the computer activities of any person without explicit authorization and without clear and conspicuous notification prior to such monitoring.

http://nj.gov/oag/newsreleases13/E-Sports_Complaint_Consent-Judgment.pdf

their stone-age website is a big embarrassment, but I still feel their client is the greater evil if you're going to pick something about ESEA to be concerned about

[code]ESEA Computer Monitoring and File Copying

20. On or about April 3, 2013, using the full administrative access to end-users' computers, ESEA created the ESEA Monitoring Code to track the programs that ESEA end-users ran on their computers. The ESEA Monitoring Code monitored computer activity even when end-users were not using ESEA services and the ESEA Software was not turned on. ESEA concealed the ESEA Monitoring Code in the ESEA Software driver on end-users' computers. ESEA also programed the ESEA Software to reload the ESEA Monitoring Code even if endusers attempted to "unload" the driver.

21. Prior to implementation, Thunberg approved the ESEA Monitoring Code and allowed the ESEA Monitoring Code to be place on end-users' computers via the ESEA Software.

22. In at least several instances, ESEA employees used the ESEA Software to copy files from ESEA end-users' computers.[/code]

considering client is still catching cheaters, and the fact that ESEA has admitted to their client having features, not unlike common malware, that collect "necessary" information pertaining to potential cheaters, I am left assuming that they are still deploying this type of software to their clients

hopefully lpkane is still abiding by the business practices outlined in his judgment lol

[code]12. Settling Defendants shall not download or otherwise deploy any computer code, program, or software onto a person's computer without explicit authorization and without clear and conspicuous notification prior to such deployment.

13. Settling Defendants shall not upload, copy, store, or otherwise access the files stored on a consumers' computers without explicit authorization and without clear and conspicuous notification prior to such access.

14. Settling Defendants shall not monitor the computer activities of any person without explicit authorization and without clear and conspicuous notification prior to such monitoring.[/code]

http://nj.gov/oag/newsreleases13/E-Sports_Complaint_Consent-Judgment.pdf
-2 Frags +

Edit: nvm I'm dumb

gargleburryGeknaiirgargleburryafter this season of esea I've realized how shit it is, I used to think it was better than any other league in tf2 but now I think its garbage just because of the way the servers and client is rundid they not fix the servers???I just played a match had 200 ping the entire game with rubber banding. I went on a dustbowl skial server and I got 30 ping

What's your ISP, and was it a Dallas server? Charter/AT&T users have been having issues with ESEA's Dallas servers.

Edit: nvm I'm dumb

[quote=gargleburry][quote=Geknaiir][quote=gargleburry]after this season of esea I've realized how shit it is, I used to think it was better than any other league in tf2 but now I think its garbage just because of the way the servers and client is run[/quote]
did they not fix the servers???[/quote]
I just played a match had 200 ping the entire game with rubber banding. I went on a dustbowl skial server and I got 30 ping[/quote]
What's your ISP, and was it a Dallas server? Charter/AT&T users have been having issues with ESEA's Dallas servers.
1 Frags +

Actually, not many sites have 100% secure passwords, or even 80%. Almost any common use password is easily breakable (the requirements that some services have, such as one number or a capital actually make it EASIER to figure out).

Passwords are getting outdated and fast. Other means of securing identity, such as mobile phones, cards that a computer can detect, are vastly more secure than passwords ever can be.

Also, why do you always jump to crazy conclusions Hooky? Like just because we all of a sudden learned that ESEA is a subpar service (which we all knew all along) doesn't mean we should jump ship, even if CEVO still existed.

Actually, not many sites have 100% secure passwords, or even 80%. Almost any common use password is easily breakable (the requirements that some services have, such as one number or a capital actually make it EASIER to figure out).

Passwords are getting outdated and fast. Other means of securing identity, such as mobile phones, cards that a computer can detect, are vastly more secure than passwords ever can be.

Also, why do you always jump to crazy conclusions Hooky? Like just because we all of a sudden learned that ESEA is a subpar service (which we all knew all along) doesn't mean we should jump ship, even if CEVO still existed.
-1 Frags +
TurinActually, not many sites have 100% secure passwords, or even 80%. Almost any common use password is easily breakable (the requirements that some services have, such as one number or a capital actually make it EASIER to figure out).

yeah I should really not wait to go to bed

[quote=Turin]Actually, not many sites have 100% secure passwords, or even 80%. Almost any common use password is easily breakable (the requirements that some services have, such as one number or a capital actually make it EASIER to figure out).

Also, why do you always jump to crazy conclusions Hooky? Like just because we all of a sudden learned that ESEA is a subpar service (which we all knew all along) doesn't mean we should jump ship, even if CEVO still existed.[/quote]
yeah I should really not wait to go to bed
27 Frags +

if its that easy how come no one has hacked slin onto froyo yet

if its that easy how come no one has hacked slin onto froyo yet
-5 Frags +

hey i just remembered steam shows your pw in plain text when you sign up
#boycottsteam

hey i just remembered steam shows your pw in plain text when you sign up
#boycottsteam
5 Frags +
hoolihey i just remembered steam shows your pw in plain text when you sign up
#boycottsteam

hmmm, no it doesn't?

http://i.imgur.com/u58j9CS.png

[quote=hooli]hey i just remembered steam shows your pw in plain text when you sign up
#boycottsteam[/quote]
hmmm, no it doesn't?

[img]http://i.imgur.com/u58j9CS.png[/img]
1 2
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.