Upvote Upvoted 2 Downvote Downvoted
OnePlus One
posted in Hardware
0 Frags +

I am likely getting a OnePlus One in the coming days now that I have finally gotten my hands on an invite. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on what carriers to choose.

AT&T has the best coverage in my area compared to T-Mobile, but I really want to use Cricket, due to their using AT&T and T-Mobile towers and lower pricing. I have heard that there are some issues on data throttling though, although that is likely not going to be a huge issue for me. Also, if anyone has a referral that they want to dish out, I would love one.

And since I have never gotten an unlocked phone and then later found a carrier with a SIM card to use it one, I am not really sure about the process. I know Cricket has it on their website for 9.99 and you get it when you buy the service, but AT&T has absolutely no information about it on their website.

I am likely getting a OnePlus One in the coming days now that I have finally gotten my hands on an invite. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on what carriers to choose.

AT&T has the best coverage in my area compared to T-Mobile, but I really want to use Cricket, due to their using AT&T and T-Mobile towers and lower pricing. I have heard that there are some issues on data throttling though, although that is likely not going to be a huge issue for me. Also, if anyone has a referral that they want to dish out, I would love one.

And since I have never gotten an unlocked phone and then later found a carrier with a SIM card to use it one, I am not really sure about the process. I know Cricket has it on their website for 9.99 and you get it when you buy the service, but AT&T has absolutely no information about it on their website.
0 Frags +

0 Frags +
nobelharvardsSorry if this post does not help, but is this the phone that the CyanogenMod guys have been talking about?

They say it will come with CyanogenMod, full with all the benefits of rooting, without having to root stock Android yourself and go through all that crap.

Is this true?

AFAIK you still have to root to get all the benefits of rooting. The OS the One currently comes with a variation of Cyanogen Mod, which adds a lot of features you would normally root a phone for, but not all. OnePlus hired a group recently to develop their own variation called Oxygen OS, no idea when that comes out or when/if it will come on new OnePlus Ones.

[quote=nobelharvards]Sorry if this post does not help, but is this the phone that the CyanogenMod guys have been talking about?

They say it will come with CyanogenMod, full with all the benefits of rooting, without having to root stock Android yourself and go through all that crap.

Is this true?[/quote]
AFAIK you still have to root to get [i]all[/i] the benefits of rooting. The OS the One currently comes with a variation of Cyanogen Mod, which adds a lot of features you would normally root a phone for, but not all. OnePlus hired a group recently to develop their own variation called Oxygen OS, no idea when that comes out or when/if it will come on new OnePlus Ones.
0 Frags +

I've heard they're coming with new model(s) of the OnePlus One this year, replacing the old one. It might be worth waiting for the upcoming model (if you can get an invite).

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/oneplus-two-latest-report-hints-new-os-platform-smartphone-initial-release-india-1490019

I've heard they're coming with new model(s) of the OnePlus One this year, replacing the old one. It might be worth waiting for the upcoming model (if you can get an invite).

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/oneplus-two-latest-report-hints-new-os-platform-smartphone-initial-release-india-1490019
2 Frags +

If your question is only about carriers, then why did you name the topic OnePlus One

If your question is only about carriers, then why did you name the topic OnePlus One
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.