Upvote Upvoted 1 Downvote Downvoted
Feb. 11 Update caused massive fps drop
posted in Q/A Help
0 Frags +

Hey. Ever since the update on Feb. 11, I run TF2 at around 18 fps constant instead of like 120+

I've basically tried everything:

-Messed with my cfg
-Messed with resolution
-Uninstalled & reinstalled TF2
-Deleted all my custom stuff and ran TF2
-Verified integrity of game cache many times
-Updated video drivers
+some other things I can't even remember

So, if anyone has an idea of how I could fix this, please post it.

EDIT: Also, am I the only one having this problem?

Thanks, in advance

Hey. Ever since the update on Feb. 11, I run TF2 at around 18 fps constant instead of like 120+

I've basically tried everything:

-Messed with my cfg
-Messed with resolution
-Uninstalled & reinstalled TF2
-Deleted all my custom stuff and ran TF2
-Verified integrity of game cache many times
-Updated video drivers
+some other things I can't even remember

So, if anyone has an idea of how I could fix this, please post it.

EDIT: Also, am I the only one having this problem?

Thanks, in advance
2 Frags +

do you have a virus or other program running in the background?

do you have a virus or other program running in the background?
0 Frags +

Well, we did a scan and no viruses were found. As for other programs, there is my anti-virus, HP Digital Imaging Monitor, AMD Gaming Evolved, & Audio Manager. I've had pretty much all these for a long time while still having good fps in TF2. The only new one would be the AMD Gaming Evolved, and I already tried exiting that & running TF2, but it made no difference.

Well, we did a scan and no viruses were found. As for other programs, there is my anti-virus, HP Digital Imaging Monitor, AMD Gaming Evolved, & Audio Manager. I've had pretty much all these for a long time while still having good fps in TF2. The only new one would be the AMD Gaming Evolved, and I already tried exiting that & running TF2, but it made no difference.
1 Frags +

Honestly I'd try uninstalling AMD gaming evolved and running -autoconfig on tf2 if anything. If that program is anything like Nvidia Geforce Experience or whatever it's called, then you want to avoid that like the plague.

Honestly I'd try uninstalling AMD gaming evolved and running -autoconfig on tf2 if anything. If that program is anything like Nvidia Geforce Experience or whatever it's called, then you want to avoid that like the plague.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.