Upvote Upvoted 6 Downvote Downvoted
looking for starcraft2 friends
posted in Off Topic
0 Frags +

I need friends to play starcraft with.
add me like here i guess blaze/kade

EDITED STUFF:
I'm toss, was gold in WoL, ~silver now, add me if you wanna play regularly. May start hosting stuff in my pug group regarding this.

I need friends to play starcraft with.
add me like here i guess [url=http://steamcommunity.com/id/blazedarkbringer/]blaze/kade[/url]

EDITED STUFF:
I'm toss, was gold in WoL, ~silver now, add me if you wanna play regularly. May start hosting stuff in my pug group regarding this.
12 Frags +

what div are you

what div are you
1 Frags +
4812622what div are you

was gold before i took a break. Now silver but I'm reading up on hots meta

[quote=4812622]what div are you[/quote]
was gold before i took a break. Now silver but I'm reading up on hots meta
1 Frags +

do people still truly play that game? because i remember trying it out when it was in its prime and i was interested in it but never really got into it. knowing blizzard there has to be a fee for something, but is there any cost for it because i'll get into it and try to learn it

do people still truly play that game? because i remember trying it out when it was in its prime and i was interested in it but never really got into it. knowing blizzard there has to be a fee for something, but is there any cost for it because i'll get into it and try to learn it
1 Frags +

Pay once and play.

Pay once and play.
RGB LAN
0 Frags +
indecencydo people still truly play that game? because i remember trying it out when it was in its prime and i was interested in it but never really got into it. knowing blizzard there has to be a fee for something, but is there any cost for it because i'll get into it and try to learn it

No fee, just purchase the game. Though I'm not entirely sure if vanilla SC2 is required in order to purchase Heart of the Swarm.

I used to play but I was only silver. I had an urge to play again recently, but I probably won't dedicate much time to it, if any at all.

[quote=indecency]do people still truly play that game? because i remember trying it out when it was in its prime and i was interested in it but never really got into it. knowing blizzard there has to be a fee for something, but is there any cost for it because i'll get into it and try to learn it[/quote]

No fee, just purchase the game. Though I'm not entirely sure if vanilla SC2 is required in order to purchase Heart of the Swarm.

I used to play but I was only silver. I had an urge to play again recently, but I probably won't dedicate much time to it, if any at all.
4 Frags +

I used to be fucking huge into watching starcraft, shits like chess but on steroids.

I'd advise you to go on team liquid, pretty much tftv but for starcraft.

I used to be fucking huge into watching starcraft, shits like chess but on steroids.

I'd advise you to go on [url=http://www.teamliquid.net/]team liquid[/url], pretty much tftv but for starcraft.
1 Frags +
TheFragileNo fee, just purchase the game. Though I'm not entirely sure if vanilla SC2 is required in order to purchase Heart of the Swarm.

SC2 is actually completely free to play unless you want either the campaign or 1v1 ladder, in which case you need to purchase it. HotS requires WoL. You can buy both for around $20 total, or just play with friends or in the Arcade for free with the Starter Edition.

[quote=TheFragile]No fee, just purchase the game. Though I'm not entirely sure if vanilla SC2 is required in order to purchase Heart of the Swarm.

I used to play but I was only silver. I had an urge to play again recently, but I probably won't dedicate much time to it, if any at all.[/quote]

SC2 is actually completely free to play unless you want either the campaign or 1v1 ladder, in which case you need to purchase it. HotS requires WoL. You can buy both for around $20 total, or just play with friends or in the Arcade for free with the Starter Edition.
2 Frags +

also if you have the free version and play against someone with HotS, you get to use HotS units

also if you have the free version and play against someone with HotS, you get to use HotS units
3 Frags +

We've had previous threads on this, surprised some people from then aren't posting yet. But as yttrium and 4812622 said, there's a free version that you can have fun with to play around with friends and play in the arcade. Also gives like the first 5 campaign missions to try out which could give you an indicator if you want to purchase it. Here's the steam group we had back then: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/GosuGamingGG

Maybe you or someone could start up some SC2 nights again(gotta update the mumble info) and it'd be pretty fun doing some 2v2/3v3/4v4's. If you don't want to dedicate yourself to the game, that's fine, try out the free version and play casually! It's a pretty fun RTS that is well-made in comparison to other games.

We've had previous threads on this, surprised some people from then aren't posting yet. But as yttrium and 4812622 said, there's a free version that you can have fun with to play around with friends and play in the arcade. Also gives like the first 5 campaign missions to try out which could give you an indicator if you want to purchase it. Here's the steam group we had back then: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/GosuGamingGG

Maybe you or someone could start up some SC2 nights again(gotta update the mumble info) and it'd be pretty fun doing some 2v2/3v3/4v4's. If you don't want to dedicate yourself to the game, that's fine, try out the free version and play casually! It's a pretty fun RTS that is well-made in comparison to other games.
3 Frags +
indecencydo people still truly play that game? because i remember trying it out when it was in its prime and i was interested in it but never really got into it. knowing blizzard there has to be a fee for something, but is there any cost for it because i'll get into it and try to learn it

you still play runescape

[quote=indecency]do people still truly play that game? because i remember trying it out when it was in its prime and i was interested in it but never really got into it. knowing blizzard there has to be a fee for something, but is there any cost for it because i'll get into it and try to learn it[/quote]
you still play runescape
1 Frags +

btw there's a fan-made legacy of the void alpha with the new units and abilities and stuff

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/471982-lotv-custom-unofficial-fan-alpha

it's really, really fun

protoss gets buffed carriers, invincible reusable banelings, easy-to-micro warp prisms, oracles that lay mines that freeze units in place

terran gets battlecruisers that warp everywhere, cyclones (auto-micro mech units), faster banshees that start with cloak, and medivacs can drop siege tanks in siege mode

zerg gets lurkers (fantastic AoE damage in a short range while burrowed), superstrong flying locusts that spawn half as fast (and more expensive swarm hosts), super roaches that fire AoE mortars but can't burrow, corruptors that can snipe buildings, nydus worms that are invincible while building

also you start with twice as many workers and bases have much less minerals to encourage expanding and speed up the early game

check the patch notes for the latest version (herc removed, thor ability removed, tempest shoots air now, roaches don't need additional upgrade for burrow move, immortal+msc nerf)

it's super super fun though :3

btw there's a fan-made legacy of the void alpha with the new units and abilities and stuff

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/471982-lotv-custom-unofficial-fan-alpha

it's really, really fun

protoss gets buffed carriers, invincible reusable banelings, easy-to-micro warp prisms, oracles that lay mines that freeze units in place

terran gets battlecruisers that warp everywhere, cyclones (auto-micro mech units), faster banshees that start with cloak, and medivacs can drop siege tanks in siege mode

zerg gets lurkers (fantastic AoE damage in a short range while burrowed), superstrong flying locusts that spawn half as fast (and more expensive swarm hosts), super roaches that fire AoE mortars but can't burrow, corruptors that can snipe buildings, nydus worms that are invincible while building

also you start with twice as many workers and bases have much less minerals to encourage expanding and speed up the early game

check the patch notes for the latest version (herc removed, thor ability removed, tempest shoots air now, roaches don't need additional upgrade for burrow move, immortal+msc nerf)

it's super super fun though :3
0 Frags +
indecencydo people still truly play that game?

Yes, it's massively popular in Korea and northern Europe.

I do have my pug group so I'd love to host a 4v4 game.

[quote=indecency]do people still truly play that game? [/quote]
Yes, it's massively popular in Korea and northern Europe.

I do have my pug group so I'd love to host a 4v4 game.
0 Frags +

i havent played in a while so i might play

Show Content
unless youre terran scum
i havent played in a while so i might play

[spoiler]unless youre terran scum[/spoiler]
2 Frags +
powergameri havent played in a while so i might play
Show Content
unless youre terran scum

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/211/f/4/Live_for_the_Swarm_by_RyanKasor.jpg

[quote=powergamer]i havent played in a while so i might play

[spoiler]unless youre terran scum[/spoiler][/quote]
[img]http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/211/f/4/Live_for_the_Swarm_by_RyanKasor.jpg[/img]
-1 Frags +
THEBILLDOZERindecencydo people still truly play that game? because i remember trying it out when it was in its prime and i was interested in it but never really got into it. knowing blizzard there has to be a fee for something, but is there any cost for it because i'll get into it and try to learn ityou still play runescape

runescape is the love of my life thats why u nerd

[quote=THEBILLDOZER][quote=indecency]do people still truly play that game? because i remember trying it out when it was in its prime and i was interested in it but never really got into it. knowing blizzard there has to be a fee for something, but is there any cost for it because i'll get into it and try to learn it[/quote]
you still play runescape[/quote]
runescape is the love of my life thats why u nerd
1 Frags +
indecencyrunescape is the love of my life thats why u nerd

you sure showed him

[quote=indecency]runescape is the love of my life thats why u nerd[/quote]
you sure showed him
0 Frags +
yttriumindecencyrunescape is the love of my life thats why u nerdyou sure showed him

nah man. i misread his comment, thought it had a different meaning. he was on my team, were friends and would joke about it. dont h8 indecency for playing an old game.

[quote=yttrium][quote=indecency]runescape is the love of my life thats why u nerd[/quote]
you sure showed him[/quote]
nah man. i misread his comment, thought it had a different meaning. he was on my team, were friends and would joke about it. dont h8 indecency for playing an old game.
0 Frags +

Basically, for anyone who plays 1v1 still and is any skill level, I'd love to practice with you regularly. I can teach and learn pretty well, so if you're up for it, add me up at the top of the thread.

Basically, for anyone who plays 1v1 still and is any skill level, I'd love to practice with you regularly. I can teach and learn pretty well, so if you're up for it, add me up at the top of the thread.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.