Upvote Upvoted 3 Downvote Downvoted
Help, ive been having an issue for over a year tha
posted in Q/A Help
0 Frags +

Basically all I can say is everything you need to know is in this youtube link. http://youtu.be/jL60_SenYA4 If its not terribly obvious by the video then my issue is that all of the tf2 models just dont move they stay in their default positions and then stutter around. I have no idea how to fix this.

Id love to get back into TF2 but this bug is making it really hard to do so.

Basically all I can say is everything you need to know is in this youtube link. http://youtu.be/jL60_SenYA4 If its not terribly obvious by the video then my issue is that all of the tf2 models just dont move they stay in their default positions and then stutter around. I have no idea how to fix this.

Id love to get back into TF2 but this bug is making it really hard to do so.
0 Frags +

firstly, try verifying your game cache or reinstalling. (these will fix about 90% of issues like this)

if that doesn't work, are you using a performance config?

firstly, try verifying your game cache or reinstalling. (these will fix about 90% of issues like this)

0 Frags +

Have you tried verifying/reinstalling/ adding -autoconfig to your launch options?

Have you tried verifying/reinstalling/ adding -autoconfig to your launch options?
0 Frags +
mathsadfirstly, try verifying your game cache or reinstalling. (these will fix about 90% of issues like this)

disengageHave you tried verifying/reinstalling/ adding -autoconfig to your launch options?

Ive reinstalled and verified multiple times, I also just noticed this but my title got cut off.

Ill try the -autoconfig.... just tried it, did not fix it at all. Same issue.

Edit: also, no im not using any performance configs, my comp is way overkill for tf2, the recording software compressed it heavily for some reason

[quote=mathsad]firstly, try verifying your game cache or reinstalling. (these will fix about 90% of issues like this)

if that doesn't work, are you using a performance config?[/quote]

[quote=disengage]Have you tried verifying/reinstalling/ adding -autoconfig to your launch options?[/quote]

Ive reinstalled and verified multiple times, I also just noticed this but my title got cut off.

Ill try the -autoconfig.... just tried it, did not fix it at all. Same issue.

Edit: also, no im not using any performance configs, my comp is way overkill for tf2, the recording software compressed it heavily for some reason
3 Frags +

based on the video and the net_graph in it, your rates might be messed up. b/c default rate iirc is 0.1 not entirely sure though and hopefully someone else can pickup on the problem here

based on the video and the net_graph in it, your rates might be messed up. b/c default rate iirc is 0.1 not entirely sure though and hopefully someone else can pickup on the problem here
3 Frags +

Your rates look really weird indeed. Try pasting the Chris' good connection net settings in your autoexec.cfg maybe, that's what most people use :

cl_cmdrate 66
cl_interp 0
cl_interp_ratio 1
cl_lagcompensation 1
cl_pred_optimize 2
cl_smooth 0
cl_smoothtime 0.01
cl_updaterate 66
rate 60000
Your rates look really weird indeed. Try pasting the Chris' good connection net settings in your autoexec.cfg maybe, that's what most people use :
[code]
cl_cmdrate 66
cl_interp 0
cl_interp_ratio 1
cl_lagcompensation 1
cl_pred_optimize 2
cl_smooth 0
cl_smoothtime 0.01
cl_updaterate 66
rate 60000[/code]
9 Frags +
FlickerYour rates look really weird indeed. Try pasting the Chris' good connection net settings in your autoexec.cfg maybe, that's what most people use :
cl_cmdrate 66
cl_interp 0
cl_interp_ratio 1
cl_lagcompensation 1
cl_pred_optimize 2
cl_smooth 0
cl_smoothtime 0.01
cl_updaterate 66
rate 60000

Thank you that fixed it. Im not sure how this issue persisted through so many reinstallations but i really appreciate it.

[quote=Flicker]Your rates look really weird indeed. Try pasting the Chris' good connection net settings in your autoexec.cfg maybe, that's what most people use :
[code]
cl_cmdrate 66
cl_interp 0
cl_interp_ratio 1
cl_lagcompensation 1
cl_pred_optimize 2
cl_smooth 0
cl_smoothtime 0.01
cl_updaterate 66
rate 60000[/code][/quote]

Thank you that fixed it. Im not sure how this issue persisted through so many reinstallations but i really appreciate it.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.