thats sick, it's how the game should be played tbh

its so boring playing the same map over and over week after week

thats sick, it's how the game should be played tbh

its so boring playing the same map over and over week after week
2 Frags +

bo3 is nice but I'm gonna miss double elim

bo3 is nice but I'm gonna miss double elim
6 Frags +

I don't know why they waited this long to change playoff format, but this is very exciting.

I don't know why they waited this long to change playoff format, but this is very exciting.
10 Frags +

IM playoffs are 8 teams as well according to this post

IM playoffs are 8 teams as well according to this post
7 Frags +

rip 16th seed

rip 16th seed
2 Frags +

One thing that's not clear is how they're going to handle 3rd/4th place (given that single elimination brackets on their own can't declare a 3rd and 4th place). Are they going to have a consolation final the same day as the grand final, or award both semi-final losers a tie for 3rd place, or remove those prizes altogether?

Also, there's no way for them to easily pick a top 12 anymore for promotion... will it become top 8 or top 16?

One thing that's not clear is how they're going to handle 3rd/4th place (given that single elimination brackets on their own can't declare a 3rd and 4th place). Are they going to have a consolation final the same day as the grand final, or award both semi-final losers a tie for 3rd place, or remove those prizes altogether?

Also, there's no way for them to easily pick a top 12 anymore for promotion... will it become top 8 or top 16?
ESEA
3 Frags +
thesupremecommanderOne thing that's not clear is how they're going to handle 3rd/4th place (given that single elimination brackets on their own can't declare a 3rd and 4th place). Are they going to have a consolation final the same day as the grand final, or award both semi-final losers a tie for 3rd place, or remove those prizes altogether?

The prize money hasn't been released yet (breakdown) and the announcement should answer your question :)

[quote=thesupremecommander]One thing that's not clear is how they're going to handle 3rd/4th place (given that single elimination brackets on their own can't declare a 3rd and 4th place). Are they going to have a consolation final the same day as the grand final, or award both semi-final losers a tie for 3rd place, or remove those prizes altogether?

Also, there's no way for them to easily pick a top 12 anymore for promotion... will it become top 8 or top 16?[/quote]
The prize money hasn't been released yet (breakdown) and the announcement should answer your question :)
10 Frags +

bo3 is a lot of tf2 prepare for 9 est matches so i can get more than 3 hours of sleep

bo3 is a lot of tf2 prepare for 9 est matches so i can get more than 3 hours of sleep
8 Frags +

shoutout to xan and others who thought IM would be top 4 only

i am right again

shoutout to xan and others who thought IM would be top 4 only

i am right again
3 Frags +

It'd be nice if they'd let us split this over a couple days. I'm not worried about practicing the maps but if matches start later than 10 est or so we'll be running past midnight on the east coast.

It'd be nice if they'd let us split this over a couple days. I'm not worried about practicing the maps but if matches start later than 10 est or so we'll be running past midnight on the east coast.
14 Frags +

I hope people don't do that thing where you try to figure out why you are losing for 20 minutes every half time, then finally ready up just to lose anway.

I hope people don't do that thing where you try to figure out why you are losing for 20 minutes every half time, then finally ready up just to lose anway.
3 Frags +

How will servers be handled? Will they automatically switch to the next map? If not I can imagine switch servers after each map will just add more time to the match. Also will we have a server assigned to us for the whole +/- 24 hour period? Or will we have to reserve one when we are ready to play

How will servers be handled? Will they automatically switch to the next map? If not I can imagine switch servers after each map will just add more time to the match. Also will we have a server assigned to us for the whole +/- 24 hour period? Or will we have to reserve one when we are ready to play
ESEA
3 Frags +

#14 just like the LAN, it switches by itself after the match has ended (+ time for the TV).

#14 just like the LAN, it switches by itself after the match has ended (+ time for the TV).
0 Frags +
ESEA-Shooter#14 just like the LAN, it switches by itself after the match has ended (+ time for the TV).

Thanks for response :) It's nice to at least get answers

[quote=ESEA-Shooter]#14 just like the LAN, it switches by itself after the match has ended (+ time for the TV).[/quote]

Thanks for response :) It's nice to at least get answers
2 Frags +

are the maps chosen out of the 3 available? or do you just play one, and move to the next without a choice

are the maps chosen out of the 3 available? or do you just play one, and move to the next without a choice
0 Frags +
ESEA-Shooter#14 just like the LAN, it switches by itself after the match has ended (+ time for the TV).

What about spreading the matches out over more than one day?

[quote=ESEA-Shooter]#14 just like the LAN, it switches by itself after the match has ended (+ time for the TV).[/quote]

9 Frags +
mshoutout to xan and others who thought IM would be top 4 only

i am right again

http://i.imgur.com/ouHddqL.jpg

[quote=m]shoutout to xan and others who thought IM would be top 4 only

i am right again[/quote]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/ouHddqL.jpg[/img]
7 Frags +

time for all the open teams who have non-neets to get fucked by bedtimes

time for all the open teams who have non-neets to get fucked by bedtimes
ESEA
0 Frags +
SAAM_ESEA-Shooter#14 just like the LAN, it switches by itself after the match has ended (+ time for the TV).

not possible, unfortunately

[quote=SAAM_][quote=ESEA-Shooter]#14 just like the LAN, it switches by itself after the match has ended (+ time for the TV).[/quote]

What about spreading the matches out over more than one day?[/quote]
3 Frags +
ESEA-ShooterSAAM_ESEA-Shooter#14 just like the LAN, it switches by itself after the match has ended (+ time for the TV).

I understand why you do this but I do want you to know that it sucks, especially if teams have people from both coasts.

[quote=ESEA-Shooter][quote=SAAM_][quote=ESEA-Shooter]#14 just like the LAN, it switches by itself after the match has ended (+ time for the TV).[/quote]

What about spreading the matches out over more than one day?[/quote]
not possible, unfortunately[/quote]

I understand why you do this but I do want you to know that it sucks, especially if teams have people from both coasts.
10 Frags +
Air_time for all the open teams who have non-neets to get fucked by bedtimes

I used to call Alosec's mom 2 seasons ago when our matches were late at night to assure her he was being properly chaperoned. All team captains should get parents numbers now before playoffs start.

[quote=Air_]time for all the open teams who have non-neets to get fucked by bedtimes[/quote]

I used to call Alosec's mom 2 seasons ago when our matches were late at night to assure her he was being properly chaperoned. All team captains should get parents numbers now before playoffs start.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.