Upvote Upvoted 2 Downvote Downvoted
Question regarding Microphone
posted in Hardware
0 Frags +

I have a friend that we use mumble to play games ect. but for some reason his mic acts up a lot.

His volume is really low sometimes and the really odd thing is that as he speaks if he doesn't pause his volume lowers and almost goes to a whisper.

Not the headset, hes used many different ones. Mumble is setup properly and his volume levels on his microphone through "recording devices" but still no effect.

Anyone else ever experience this/have any ideas?

Thanks!

I can get PC specs ect. if needed.

I have a friend that we use mumble to play games ect. but for some reason his mic acts up a lot.

His volume is really low sometimes and the really odd thing is that as he speaks if he doesn't pause his volume lowers and almost goes to a whisper.

Not the headset, hes used many different ones. Mumble is setup properly and his volume levels on his microphone through "recording devices" but still no effect.

Anyone else ever experience this/have any ideas?

Thanks!

I can get PC specs ect. if needed.
0 Frags +

Sounds like it could be some sort of volume normalization going on. Have him look in the motherboard/soundcard audio control panel and find anything about volume normaliztion/auto leveling/something along those lines.

Sounds like it could be some sort of volume normalization going on. Have him look in the motherboard/soundcard audio control panel and find anything about volume normaliztion/auto leveling/something along those lines.
0 Frags +

right click on the speaker in your task bar, go to recording devices, right click the audio device in question, go to properties, go to the advanced tab, uncheck "allow blah blah exclusive whatever"

right click on the speaker in your task bar, go to recording devices, right click the audio device in question, go to properties, go to the advanced tab, uncheck "allow blah blah exclusive whatever"
0 Frags +

@flame, Yeah I've had him do that specifically.

@tooth, I believe that would fall under the same lines as what flame said, I have walked through his devices with him and found no problems.

Any chances his drivers could be doing this? He thinks its his tower itself, like he wired something improperly and its shorting something out electrically, but I don't really think this could be the cause, thoughts?

@flame, Yeah I've had him do that specifically.

@tooth, I believe that would fall under the same lines as what flame said, I have walked through his devices with him and found no problems.

Any chances his drivers could be doing this? He thinks its his tower itself, like he wired something improperly and its shorting something out electrically, but I don't really think this could be the cause, thoughts?
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.