Upvote Upvoted 1 Downvote Downvoted
Mouse advice
posted in Hardware
0 Frags +

I know there's dozens of these threads, but I'm looking for a pretty specific mouse suggestion. I currently own a Mad Catz RAT 7 (I know, it's pretty hated among the TF2 community) and the sensor is dying.

Despite the negative opinions about it, I've owned it for nearly two years and am really comfortable with the size/weight. I'd like my next mouse to not be too different from it in shape and weight, but definitely something more reliable and maybe more affordable.

Requirements:

• At least 2000 dpi (preferably 4000)
    • Comfortable with palm grip
    • Not too heavy (I use the RAT 7 without any of the added weights)
    • Similar specs of the RAT 7*

*RAT 7 specs:

http://i.imgur.com/G3DcbCc.png

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

I know there's dozens of these threads, but I'm looking for a pretty specific mouse suggestion. I currently own a Mad Catz RAT 7 (I know, it's pretty hated among the TF2 community) and the sensor is dying.

Despite the negative opinions about it, I've owned it for nearly two years and am really comfortable with the size/weight. I'd like my next mouse to not be too different from it in shape and weight, but definitely something more reliable and maybe more affordable.

Requirements:
[list]
• At least 2000 dpi (preferably 4000)
• Comfortable with palm grip
• Not too heavy (I use the RAT 7 without any of the added weights)
• Similar specs of the RAT 7*
[/list]

[i]*RAT 7 specs:[/i]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/G3DcbCc.png[/img]

Any suggestions are much appreciated.
1 Frags +

Check out the Corsair M60 or M65 (I use the M60)

Only goes to 5700 DPI but it's a really solidly made mouse and comparable in size to the RAT. Might be a little heavy at first but it's not egregiously bad.

Check out the Corsair M60 or M65 (I use the M60)

Only goes to 5700 DPI but it's a really solidly made mouse and comparable in size to the RAT. Might be a little heavy at first but it's not egregiously bad.
1 Frags +

why would you need a mouse that goes to 4000 dpi?????????

why would you need a mouse that goes to 4000 dpi?????????
0 Frags +
lynawhy would you need a mouse that goes to 4000 dpi?????????

I like having a high sensitivity in windows and the easiest way to do that is with a high DPI

I switch from 5700 DPI on desktop (max that my mouse will go to) to 2400 when playing games and then I work with the ingame sensitivity settings to get a desired sens.

[quote=lyna]why would you need a mouse that goes to 4000 dpi?????????[/quote]

I like having a high sensitivity in windows and the easiest way to do that is with a high DPI

I switch from 5700 DPI on desktop (max that my mouse will go to) to 2400 when playing games and then I work with the ingame sensitivity settings to get a desired sens.
-1 Frags +
lynawhy would you need a mouse that goes to 4000 dpi?????????

I use ~2000 dpi for gaming, but 4000 for normal Windows activity. It's the sensitivity I'm used to and have been using for a few years. Like I said, 2000 is ok and 4000 is just preferred (not a deal breaker). It's just a matter of personal preference.

[quote=lyna]why would you need a mouse that goes to 4000 dpi?????????[/quote]

I use ~2000 dpi for gaming, but 4000 for normal Windows activity. It's the sensitivity I'm used to and have been using for a few years. Like I said, 2000 is ok and 4000 is just preferred (not a deal breaker). It's just a matter of personal preference.
0 Frags +
deszalynawhy would you need a mouse that goes to 4000 dpi?????????

hmm, well I don't know about size, but my g400s apparently goes up to 4000 dpi. I don't know how it fits your size requirements, but I would definitely recommend it, hasn't broken on me in the last 2 years :D

[quote=desza][quote=lyna]why would you need a mouse that goes to 4000 dpi?????????[/quote]

I use ~2000 dpi for gaming, but 4000 for normal Windows activity. It's the sensitivity I'm used to and have been using for a few years. Like I said, 2000 is ok and 4000 is just preferred (not a deal breaker). It's just a matter of personal preference.[/quote]

hmm, well I don't know about size, but my g400s apparently goes up to 4000 dpi. I don't know how it fits your size requirements, but I would definitely recommend it, hasn't broken on me in the last 2 years :D
2 Frags +

I have a g502, it seems somewhat similar? The main issue I have with it is the weight, it's 120g, but that's a lot less than your old mouse. It has cartridges to add an extra 18g though. It's got a massive dpi, up to 12,000, and the sensor apparently doesn't even perform much worse as you get up to ridiculous levels. It's also a bit monstrous. I'd suggest you try it out and see if the fit suits you, but I palm grip it and it works fine. At first I had to work out that my thumb had to rest past the 'sniper' button, before then I was awkwardly bending so I didn't accidentally touch it, but you can tape it/unbind it anyway.

Only issue with mine apart from dodgy software is that the braided cord is coming undone a bit, but I will probably just spam logitech for help/a new mouse if it gets much worse, seeing as it has a 3 year warranty. Doesn't affect the sensor, which is amazing.

Oh the g502 has an optical sensor which is different but probably an upgrade?

I have a g502, it seems somewhat similar? The main issue I have with it is the weight, it's 120g, but that's a lot less than your old mouse. It has cartridges to add an extra 18g though. It's got a massive dpi, up to 12,000, and the sensor apparently doesn't even perform much worse as you get up to ridiculous levels. It's also a bit monstrous. I'd suggest you try it out and see if the fit suits you, but I palm grip it and it works fine. At first I had to work out that my thumb had to rest past the 'sniper' button, before then I was awkwardly bending so I didn't accidentally touch it, but you can tape it/unbind it anyway.

Only issue with mine apart from dodgy software is that the braided cord is coming undone a bit, but I will probably just spam logitech for help/a new mouse if it gets much worse, seeing as it has a 3 year warranty. Doesn't affect the sensor, which is amazing.

Oh the g502 has an optical sensor which is different but probably an upgrade?
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.