Upvote Upvoted 2 Downvote Downvoted
Which mouse?
posted in Hardware
0 Frags +

Looking to buy a new mouse and am deciding between the Zowie EC2 or FK1

I don't know too much on mouses so help me out on which one I should get.

Looking to buy a new mouse and am deciding between the Zowie EC2 or FK1

I don't know too much on mouses so help me out on which one I should get.
0 Frags +

Do you like claw or palm gripping your mouse?

Do you like claw or palm gripping your mouse?
0 Frags +
moofDo you like claw or palm gripping your mouse?

Palm Gripping

[quote=moof]Do you like claw or palm gripping your mouse?[/quote]

Palm Gripping
2 Frags +

0 Frags +
nobelharvardsFK1 is more geared towards claw grip grippers. It is also an ambidextrous shape. The shape is very flat. Palm gripping is possible but it does not feel like it "fills" the palm arch very well. Uses avago 3310 (slightly newer sensor).

EC2 is a right handed, more ergonomic mouse, more geared towards palm grippers. However it uses the acago 3090 (slightly older sensor, weird DPI steps with the custom lens). The EC2-A is a newer version that does use the avago 3310.

Thanks, do you know of any Australian websites/stores that have the EC2-A?

[quote=nobelharvards]FK1 is more geared towards claw grip grippers. It is also an ambidextrous shape. The shape is very flat. Palm gripping is possible but it does not feel like it "fills" the palm arch very well. Uses avago 3310 (slightly newer sensor).

EC2 is a right handed, more ergonomic mouse, more geared towards palm grippers. However it uses the acago 3090 (slightly older sensor, weird DPI steps with the custom lens). The EC2-A is a newer version that does use the avago 3310.[/quote]

Thanks, do you know of any Australian websites/stores that have the EC2-A?
0 Frags +

0 Frags +
nobelharvardsI bought my fk1 off mwave. But they are somewhat overpriced.

Unfortunately one of the many consequences of living in australia is that everything comes here really late and only one store in australia sells it as far as google tells me and that's called dstore australia and it is horribly overpriced.
https://dstore.com.au/search/ec2-a/

Yeah, that's mostly the reason why I was picking between the FK1 and EC2 because they were in Australia.

So is there anything wrong with the old sensor in the EC2 or should I just get the EC2-A from amazon and wait 3 weeks for shipping.

[quote=nobelharvards]I bought my fk1 off mwave. But they are somewhat overpriced.

Unfortunately one of the many consequences of living in australia is that everything comes here really late and only one store in australia sells it as far as google tells me and that's called dstore australia and it is horribly overpriced.
https://dstore.com.au/search/ec2-a/[/quote]

Yeah, that's mostly the reason why I was picking between the FK1 and EC2 because they were in Australia.

So is there anything wrong with the old sensor in the EC2 or should I just get the EC2-A from amazon and wait 3 weeks for shipping.
0 Frags +
j4shyynobelharvardsI bought my fk1 off mwave. But they are somewhat overpriced.

I would get the EC2-A personally, since another issue with the original EC2 is the coating. Always feels sticky no matter how clean your hands are etc.

[quote=j4shyy][quote=nobelharvards]I bought my fk1 off mwave. But they are somewhat overpriced.

So is there anything wrong with the old sensor in the EC2 or should I just get the EC2-A from amazon and wait 3 weeks for shipping.[/quote]

I would get the EC2-A personally, since another issue with the original EC2 is the coating. Always feels sticky no matter how clean your hands are etc.
0 Frags +
moofj4shyynobelharvardsI bought my fk1 off mwave. But they are somewhat overpriced.

Just realised the price plus shipping is $160(on amazon), so I think I'll just wait until it releases in Australia.

Thanks for your help nobel and moof, I think I'll be getting a EC2-A

[quote=moof][quote=j4shyy][quote=nobelharvards]I bought my fk1 off mwave. But they are somewhat overpriced.

So is there anything wrong with the old sensor in the EC2 or should I just get the EC2-A from amazon and wait 3 weeks for shipping.[/quote]

I would get the EC2-A personally, since another issue with the original EC2 is the coating. Always feels sticky no matter how clean your hands are etc.[/quote]

Just realised the price plus shipping is $160(on amazon), so I think I'll just wait until it releases in Australia.

Thanks for your help nobel and moof, I think I'll be getting a EC2-A
4 Frags +

$130 what the actual fuck
are they delivered via kangaroos or something

$130 what the actual fuck
are they delivered via kangaroos or something
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.