Upvote Upvoted 5 Downvote Downvoted
1 2 3
best concerts people have been to?
0 Frags +

so yeah, as I was going through the album thread it struck me that I saw several of the bands involved live and that this would be a good time to bLoG about it, but in an attempt to not look exclusively self-involved I'm opening it up to the public

some of the best ones I've been to:

1. Cannibal Ox in a super tight venue in Manhattan, was right at the front row and they rocked, also a lot of good opening acts (Akir, Poison Pen, Immortal Technique, etc.)

2. Bruce Springsteen at Rock the Vote in 2004 in the Izod Center (aka old home of the Nets)- I was too young to appreciate just how much energy he had and started falling asleep after like 3 hours but technically speaking it was an amazing concert

3. All Points West 2009 Day 2- My Bloody Valentine, ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead, Arctic Monkeys, Gogol Bordello, Neko Case, Kool Keith etc., was pretty awesome especially MBV as they're one of my fav bands of all time

4. Free comedy (w/ some music) show at Williamsburg Waterfront- Eugene Mirman, Patton Oswalt, Todd Barry, Kristen Schaal, Jonathan Coulton, and They Might Be Giants. rained like hell but still awesome

5. If I snuck that on there I'll also sneak on going to tapings of the Daily Show and to Letterman

6. I saw a gr8 live performance of The Rite of Spring by Stravinsky this one time lol

The rest are all from Celebrate Brooklyn:

1. David Byrne, he basically played every amazing Talking Heads song as well as some of his stuff with Brian Eno, was awesome

2. Bon Iver, despite being an acoustic musician at an outdoor concert he was just awesome, so powerful

3. Animal Collective, they did some pretty sweet audiovisual things

4. Sigur Ros, also did some pretty sweet audiovisual things

5. Raekwon the Chef, Smif 'n Wessun, Skyzoo, Joell Ortiz, Large Professor- just a gr8 stacked rap show

6. The Heavy- was very surprised by how much I liked them but they were amazing live

7. Wild Flag/Mission of Burma/Ted Leo- just a great show

8. Belle and Sebastian- I'm not the HUGEST fan of them but was a very good show

9. Robert Glasper Experiment with Talib Kweli- wasn't super familiar with his work beforehand, walked out of it convinced he was awesome

10. Another Eugene Mirman show, with Jim Gaffigan, Kumail Nanjiani, John Hodgman, Janeane Garafolo and Michael Showalter, I think Blitzen Trapper randomly did some music there too???

11. A bunch of awesome world music that I am too white and yuppie to remember by name

12. Neutral Milk Hotel just last summer, they were fucking incredible and Jeff Mangum has gone full hobo

13. Ghostface Killah (was weird that it was a totally different concert from Raekwon tho lol) with Rah Digga, Kid Capri, Camp Lo

14. Andrew Bird

15. was supposed to see The Roots w/ Talib Kweli but I couldn't go because my upstairs neighbor stabbed her husband and the drama was cray

16. Blonde Redhead

*I swear I wasn't paid by Celebrate Brooklyn to make this post hu3*

so yeah, as I was going through the album thread it struck me that I saw several of the bands involved live and that this would be a good time to bLoG about it, but in an attempt to not look exclusively self-involved I'm opening it up to the public

some of the best ones I've been to:

1. Cannibal Ox in a super tight venue in Manhattan, was right at the front row and they rocked, also a lot of good opening acts (Akir, Poison Pen, Immortal Technique, etc.)

2. Bruce Springsteen at Rock the Vote in 2004 in the Izod Center (aka old home of the Nets)- I was too young to appreciate just how much energy he had and started falling asleep after like 3 hours but technically speaking it was an amazing concert

3. All Points West 2009 Day 2- My Bloody Valentine, ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead, Arctic Monkeys, Gogol Bordello, Neko Case, Kool Keith etc., was pretty awesome especially MBV as they're one of my fav bands of all time

4. Free comedy (w/ some music) show at Williamsburg Waterfront- Eugene Mirman, Patton Oswalt, Todd Barry, Kristen Schaal, Jonathan Coulton, and They Might Be Giants. rained like hell but still awesome

5. If I snuck that on there I'll also sneak on going to tapings of the Daily Show and to Letterman

6. I saw a gr8 live performance of The Rite of Spring by Stravinsky this one time lol

The rest are all from Celebrate Brooklyn:

1. David Byrne, he basically played every amazing Talking Heads song as well as some of his stuff with Brian Eno, was awesome

2. Bon Iver, despite being an acoustic musician at an outdoor concert he was just awesome, so powerful

3. Animal Collective, they did some pretty sweet audiovisual things

4. Sigur Ros, also did some pretty sweet audiovisual things

5. Raekwon the Chef, Smif 'n Wessun, Skyzoo, Joell Ortiz, Large Professor- just a gr8 stacked rap show

6. The Heavy- was very surprised by how much I liked them but they were amazing live

7. Wild Flag/Mission of Burma/Ted Leo- just a great show

8. Belle and Sebastian- I'm not the HUGEST fan of them but was a very good show

9. Robert Glasper Experiment with Talib Kweli- wasn't super familiar with his work beforehand, walked out of it convinced he was awesome

10. Another Eugene Mirman show, with Jim Gaffigan, Kumail Nanjiani, John Hodgman, Janeane Garafolo and Michael Showalter, I think Blitzen Trapper randomly did some music there too???

11. A bunch of awesome world music that I am too white and yuppie to remember by name

12. Neutral Milk Hotel just last summer, they were fucking incredible and Jeff Mangum has gone full hobo

13. Ghostface Killah (was weird that it was a totally different concert from Raekwon tho lol) with Rah Digga, Kid Capri, Camp Lo

14. Andrew Bird

15. was supposed to see The Roots w/ Talib Kweli but I couldn't go because my upstairs neighbor stabbed her husband and the drama was cray

16. Blonde Redhead

*I swear I wasn't paid by Celebrate Brooklyn to make this post hu3*
0 Frags +

doc watson was cool cuz he died like right after i saw him
and i also saw ry cooder at the trolley stop in dayton which was cool cuz i didnt know he was gonna be there

doc watson was cool cuz he died like right after i saw him
and i also saw ry cooder at the trolley stop in dayton which was cool cuz i didnt know he was gonna be there
0 Frags +

Kendrick @ WVU. Shit was insane

Kendrick @ WVU. Shit was insane
0 Frags +

I went to warped tour 2013 or 2012 I don't remember. A lot of the post-hardcore/screamo bands were okay but none really stood out except for The Chariot.

But I also went to Wallpaper and he was absolutely amazing. He was probably three times better live than recorded.
Also at Warped was Big Chocolate, who was also amazing.

I also went to the Yung Lean concert in San Diego, which also was pretty amazing, everybody killed it except for maybe Yung Gleesh(I think).

I went to warped tour 2013 or 2012 I don't remember. A lot of the post-hardcore/screamo bands were okay but none really stood out except for The Chariot.

But I also went to Wallpaper and he was absolutely amazing. He was probably three times better live than recorded.
Also at Warped was Big Chocolate, who was also amazing.

I also went to the Yung Lean concert in San Diego, which also was pretty amazing, everybody killed it except for maybe Yung Gleesh(I think).
RGB LAN
1 Frags +

Nine Inch Nails because they always put on an incredible show, especially with visuals. Caught Trent's tambourine at one! :D

Death Cab for Cutie at the Tower Theater. I'm sure they are great live at any other location, but it was so amazing to experience it at the Tower Theater.

Foo Fighters were pretty damn good when I saw them like seven years ago.

Rob Zombie is actually fucking incredible live. It was an Ozzy Osbourne concert with Rob Zombie opening up for him. I like both of them an okay amount but I'm not crazy about either of them. But holy shit, I remember being totally floored during the Rob Zombie set. There was a lot of stuff happening on the stage (props, girls, other stuff), the set list was perfect, John 5 did a few solos, and it was just fantastic.

Hm, I just realized that I saw Mae three times live. Nothing ridiculously incredible but I would say they are pretty good live.

Nine Inch Nails because they always put on an incredible show, especially with visuals. Caught Trent's tambourine at one! :D

Death Cab for Cutie at the Tower Theater. I'm sure they are great live at any other location, but it was so amazing to experience it at the Tower Theater.

Foo Fighters were pretty damn good when I saw them like seven years ago.

Rob Zombie is actually fucking incredible live. It was an Ozzy Osbourne concert with Rob Zombie opening up for him. I like both of them an okay amount but I'm not crazy about either of them. But holy shit, I remember being totally floored during the Rob Zombie set. There was a lot of stuff happening on the stage (props, girls, other stuff), the set list was perfect, John 5 did a few solos, and it was just fantastic.

Hm, I just realized that I saw Mae three times live. Nothing ridiculously incredible but I would say they are pretty good live.
0 Frags +

cloakroom/dads/pity sex/twiabp in some guy's attic in chicago

neutral milk hotel & slowdive @ p4k 2014

cloakroom/dads/pity sex/twiabp in some guy's attic in chicago

neutral milk hotel & slowdive @ p4k 2014
huds.tf
0 Frags +

I've had the luck of seeing Caravan Palace twice, both of which were mind blowingly phenomenal. Also saw Asgeir in November, album quality live sound, incredible.

One of my favourites was The Black Dahlia Murder a few years back. Some kid busted my lip open but it was still one of the best.

I've had the luck of seeing Caravan Palace twice, both of which were mind blowingly phenomenal. Also saw Asgeir in November, album quality live sound, incredible.

One of my favourites was The Black Dahlia Murder a few years back. Some kid busted my lip open but it was still one of the best.
1 Frags +

2007, Nine Inch Nails with their Lights in the Sky tour. They ended up coming to Toledo, which was convenient, and I was talked into going. It's not the typical type of music I'm into, I thought NIN was OK, but holy shit it was an audio-visual experience on a level that I was not prepared for and I don't know if I'll ever see anything as immense in my life (though I hope I do).

Basically there's this "lighting rig" that is made up of tons of enormous nets full of lights which are like dynamic screen pixels each. So they can show anything from simple abstract shapes to full on video on these mesh-like screens. Other times they can incorporate other elements, like a touch-visual representation of a drum machine that the drummer sets up before the show or sensors that detect when someone is close to the mesh. Every song had a totally amazing and unique visual feel to it. Best concert ever.

Just a taste...you have to experience it live...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFzRrV7bJnQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjJsRRKn_Tw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdcKaimHAVU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMB2E0c6dos

2007, Nine Inch Nails with their Lights in the Sky tour. They ended up coming to Toledo, which was convenient, and I was talked into going. It's not the typical type of music I'm into, I thought NIN was OK, but holy shit it was an audio-visual experience on a level that I was not prepared for and I don't know if I'll ever see anything as immense in my life (though I hope I do).

Basically there's this "lighting rig" that is made up of tons of enormous nets full of lights which are like dynamic screen pixels each. So they can show anything from simple abstract shapes to full on video on these mesh-like screens. Other times they can incorporate other elements, like a touch-visual representation of a drum machine that the drummer sets up before the show or sensors that detect when someone is close to the mesh. Every song had a totally amazing and unique visual feel to it. Best concert ever.

Just a taste...you have to experience it live...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFzRrV7bJnQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjJsRRKn_Tw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdcKaimHAVU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMB2E0c6dos
2 Frags +

Public Enemy for "holy shit is this really happening".

Nas for flashyness.

R.A. the Rugged Man for pure skill/hype.

Runner-ups would be Deltron 3030 and Joey Badass/Pro Era. Also shoutout to DJ Premier for sticking around after one of his shows and talking to people.

Public Enemy for "holy shit is this really happening".

Nas for flashyness.

R.A. the Rugged Man for pure skill/hype.

Runner-ups would be Deltron 3030 and Joey Badass/Pro Era. Also shoutout to DJ Premier for sticking around after one of his shows and talking to people.
5 Frags +

oooooooooof this is tough alright...definitely in no particular order but the best and memorable for me personally. not a ton of concerts but some of the shows further down the list was the first time seeing these bands and they absolutely killed it. mostly metal so feel free to scroll through. i have a book of almost all my ticket stubs but you should get the idea here

1. hatebreed, shutdown and all out war in a small venue/bar when i was 13. the first show i went to so you could imagine the experience that was

2. punk-o-rama tour, again really young. vision, voodoo glow skulls, madball kind of hazy on the rest but it was fun

3. rock the bells in 2007 need i say more - http://i.imgur.com/6fxnhBD.jpg first time seeing rage ever since i grew up listening to them i was floored by their performance that was nuts. wu-tang killed it too

4. this was at bb king, not really a tour just a show for ny i think it was metal meltdown in like 2009 but i have to check but the lineup was aborted, dew-scented, vader, suffocation, cryptopsy, decapitated

5. primus at music hall of williamsburg when they played 2 full sets (new album + additional set)

6. hate eternal, krisiun, into eternity, jungle rot and incantation at bb king...this show was memorable because for whatever reason they had no barrier up by the stage so it was insane...really fun

7. god dethroned, therion, leaves eyes a bunch of other bands at CBGB gonna say this was like 2005? god dethroned headlined i haven't seen them come to the states since then and they split up not too long after that

8. damage plan (ex pantera: dimebag and vinnie paul), shadows fall and a few other bands. this was 2004...while i wasn't crazy about damage plan i always loved pantera. this was the last show dimebag ever played 2 days before he was shot. he did a 10min solo on stage between there set and everyone was hammered. truly memorable and heartbreaking to say the least

9. cryptopsy headlining in new york, lord worm at his finest (2008ish)

10. hatebreed, sick of it all, candiria, full blown chaos, ice pick at roseland ballroom...great show but memorable because i fractured my hand punching someone in the head, my hand was the size of a grapefruit. (2004)

11. QOTSA at barclay center that was just incredible

12. Ozzfest (various years) always fun...any chance to see black sabbath i never passed on that

13. porcupine tree in 2007 at nokia theater (now best buy theater)

14. the misfits on halloween in 2005 at bb king, one of the best shows from them by far

15. sodom (only US appearance) + immolation

16. king diamond and nile, first time seeing king diamond that was amazing

17. NIN in philly (2005) first time seeing NIN and i was blown away

18. suffocation, cryptopsy, vader, despised icon in new york...really dont see lineups like this anymore they all killed it

19. H20 and pennywise, another great punk show when i was young

20. emperor. without a doubt one of the craziest performances by far, one of my favorite black metal bands to invade the states and definitely the last time they ever step foot here. ihsahn is a machine...this was also at bb king around 2006 im gonna say.

21. thanks for reminding me amp, don't know how i forgot about dillinger escape plan in brooklyn...first time seeing them was incredible i was especially surprised since they played my favorite song from the mike patton ep no less that was a huge surprise

there are definitely more that didn't make the list, that should do for now. bb king used to be one of the best venues in new york for shows...they still have a lot but not quite of this magnitude

oooooooooof this is tough alright...definitely in no particular order but the best and memorable for me personally. not a ton of concerts but some of the shows further down the list was the first time seeing these bands and they absolutely killed it. mostly metal so feel free to scroll through. i have a book of almost all my ticket stubs but you should get the idea here

1. hatebreed, shutdown and all out war in a small venue/bar when i was 13. the first show i went to so you could imagine the experience that was

2. punk-o-rama tour, again really young. vision, voodoo glow skulls, madball kind of hazy on the rest but it was fun

3. rock the bells in 2007 need i say more - http://i.imgur.com/6fxnhBD.jpg first time seeing rage ever since i grew up listening to them i was floored by their performance that was nuts. wu-tang killed it too

4. this was at bb king, not really a tour just a show for ny i think it was metal meltdown in like 2009 but i have to check but the lineup was aborted, dew-scented, vader, suffocation, cryptopsy, decapitated

5. primus at music hall of williamsburg when they played 2 full sets (new album + additional set)

6. hate eternal, krisiun, into eternity, jungle rot and incantation at bb king...this show was memorable because for whatever reason they had no barrier up by the stage so it was insane...really fun

7. god dethroned, therion, leaves eyes a bunch of other bands at CBGB gonna say this was like 2005? god dethroned headlined i haven't seen them come to the states since then and they split up not too long after that

8. damage plan (ex pantera: dimebag and vinnie paul), shadows fall and a few other bands. this was 2004...while i wasn't crazy about damage plan i always loved pantera. this was the last show dimebag ever played 2 days before he was shot. he did a 10min solo on stage between there set and everyone was hammered. truly memorable and heartbreaking to say the least

9. cryptopsy headlining in new york, lord worm at his finest (2008ish)

10. hatebreed, sick of it all, candiria, full blown chaos, ice pick at roseland ballroom...great show but memorable because i fractured my hand punching someone in the head, my hand was the size of a grapefruit. (2004)

11. QOTSA at barclay center that was just incredible

12. Ozzfest (various years) always fun...any chance to see black sabbath i never passed on that

13. porcupine tree in 2007 at nokia theater (now best buy theater)

14. the misfits on halloween in 2005 at bb king, one of the best shows from them by far

15. sodom (only US appearance) + immolation

16. king diamond and nile, first time seeing king diamond that was amazing

17. NIN in philly (2005) first time seeing NIN and i was blown away

18. suffocation, cryptopsy, vader, despised icon in new york...really dont see lineups like this anymore they all killed it

19. H20 and pennywise, another great punk show when i was young

20. emperor. without a doubt one of the craziest performances by far, one of my favorite black metal bands to invade the states and definitely the last time they ever step foot here. ihsahn is a machine...this was also at bb king around 2006 im gonna say.

21. thanks for reminding me amp, don't know how i forgot about dillinger escape plan in brooklyn...first time seeing them was incredible i was especially surprised since they played my favorite song from the mike patton ep no less that was a huge surprise

there are definitely more that didn't make the list, that should do for now. bb king used to be one of the best venues in new york for shows...they still have a lot but not quite of this magnitude
1 Frags +
omniI've had the luck of seeing Caravan Palace twice, both of which were mind blowingly phenomenal. Also saw Asgeir in November, album quality live sound, incredible.

thiss so much, caravan palace was insane to see live, the energy you could feel coming off them was insane and the crowd just gave it all back

[quote=omni]I've had the luck of seeing Caravan Palace twice, both of which were mind blowingly phenomenal. Also saw Asgeir in November, album quality live sound, incredible.

One of my favourites was The Black Dahlia Murder a few years back. Some kid busted my lip open but it was still one of the best.[/quote]

thiss so much, caravan palace was insane to see live, the energy you could feel coming off them was insane and the crowd just gave it all back
1 Frags +

Iron Maiden was amazing at Sonisphere 2011 (if I recall correctly) in Switzerland.

I wouldn't even say it was the band - they played amazing - but rather the crowd. The atmosphere was insane, the crowd singing along just as loud as the speakers, and as far as you could see there would only be people rockin it.

The next time I saw them last year was pretty disappointing though.

edit: Rammstein was pretty neat as well, mainly because of their amazing show. Still wondering how they set that up in just 1 hour after the act before.

Iron Maiden was amazing at Sonisphere 2011 (if I recall correctly) in Switzerland.

I wouldn't even say it was the band - they played amazing - but rather the crowd. The atmosphere was insane, the crowd singing along just as loud as the speakers, and as far as you could see there would only be people rockin it.

The next time I saw them last year was pretty disappointing though.

edit: Rammstein was pretty neat as well, mainly because of their amazing show. Still wondering how they set that up in just 1 hour after the act before.
0 Frags +

Ska-p in argentina 2008. show gets suspended like 2 weeks for heavy rain, the day they reschedule the show, it starts raining again in the middle of the show but they gave no fucks and kept playing anyway it was an amazing show under the rain.
also it was my first big concert so i think thats why its my favourite

Ska-p in argentina 2008. show gets suspended like 2 weeks for heavy rain, the day they reschedule the show, it starts raining again in the middle of the show but they gave no fucks and kept playing anyway it was an amazing show under the rain.
also it was my first big concert so i think thats why its my favourite
0 Frags +

I really enjoyed James Blake at the Auckland Town Hall. He was on point, and the venue is acoustically amazing. You just can't reproduce what he does on an album, his live show is truly who he is.

I really enjoyed James Blake at the Auckland Town Hall. He was on point, and the venue is acoustically amazing. You just can't reproduce what he does on an album, his live show is truly who he is.
1 Frags +

I saw Weird Al at some dinky county festival and I'll be damned if he didn't put on the best show I'd ever seen. He couldn't be making much money off it, I only paid $5 and had front row seats, but he was so energetic, had really great rapport with the crowd, and it was just a ton of fun. He played 3-4 encores, it was about 3 hours too.

I saw Weird Al at some dinky county festival and I'll be damned if he didn't put on the best show I'd ever seen. He couldn't be making much money off it, I only paid $5 and had front row seats, but he was so energetic, had really great rapport with the crowd, and it was just a ton of fun. He played 3-4 encores, it was about 3 hours too.
1 Frags +

steven wilson at bridgewater hall (just a few days ago!)

steven wilson at bridgewater hall (just a few days ago!)
-1 Frags +

Silverstein at the Discovering The Waterfront 10th anniversary

Silverstein at the Discovering The Waterfront 10th anniversary
0 Frags +

Rise Against in the Congress Theater in 2008 was pretty amazing

Alkaline Trio at The Metro was also pretty goddamn great

Rise Against in the Congress Theater in 2008 was pretty amazing

Alkaline Trio at The Metro was also pretty goddamn great
1 Frags +

the best ones I've been to have been Rammstein, Amon Amarth and Wednesday 13

the best ones I've been to have been Rammstein, Amon Amarth and Wednesday 13
0 Frags +

Every time I've seen RUSH, it's been amazing. The integration on multimedia and the musicianship is outstanding. "Im Geddy Lee, I can sing whatever the hell I want"

Every time I've seen RUSH, it's been amazing. The integration on multimedia and the musicianship is outstanding. "Im Geddy Lee, I can sing whatever the hell I want"
1 Frags +

1. Finally got to see pixies for the first time as a birthday present last year (Munchenbryggeriet, Stockholm). The place was filled to capactity and the soundlevels were waaaaay over regulations. Also Mono Town was a sick starting act.

2. Any bob hund performance out of the like 5 I've been to. They've been crowned as sweden's best live act for a reason, just a shame that it's hard to introduce them to people due to lyrics being in swedish :<

3. Norwegian katzenjammer at Hultsfred 2012. Their energy was just phenomenal.

1. Finally got to see pixies for the first time as a birthday present last year (Munchenbryggeriet, Stockholm). The place was filled to capactity and the soundlevels were waaaaay over regulations. Also Mono Town was a sick starting act.

2. Any bob hund performance out of the like 5 I've been to. They've been crowned as sweden's best live act for a reason, just a shame that it's hard to introduce them to people due to lyrics being in swedish :<

3. Norwegian katzenjammer at Hultsfred 2012. Their energy was just phenomenal.
1 Frags +

Last year I went to a festival in Portugal (called nos alive) and the lineup was amazing. In the space of 2 days I saw, MGMT, black keys, chet faker, boys noize, SBTRKT, caribou, nicolas jaar, diplo, daughter, foster the people, phantogram, jungle, a-trak, it was really out of this world.

But some of the most fun I had in my life was when I watched mgmt, followed by diplo, boys noize, SBTRKT and finishing with Caribou completely stoned out of my mind, all in the same night, now that was some fun stuff.

Day 2 was amazing as well, was very pleasantly surprised by Cherub, which seems a relatively unknown band from Nashville, TN, but they had so much energy and the music was a lot of fun, ending with chet faker and nicolas jar that night was just the icing on the cake.

All in all, what got me moving was boys noize & diplo, caribou and sbtrkt were second favorites.

Last year I went to a festival in Portugal (called nos alive) and the lineup was amazing. In the space of 2 days I saw, MGMT, black keys, chet faker, boys noize, SBTRKT, caribou, nicolas jaar, diplo, daughter, foster the people, phantogram, jungle, a-trak, it was really out of this world.

But some of the most fun I had in my life was when I watched mgmt, followed by diplo, boys noize, SBTRKT and finishing with Caribou completely stoned out of my mind, all in the same night, now that was some fun stuff.

Day 2 was amazing as well, was very pleasantly surprised by Cherub, which seems a relatively unknown band from Nashville, TN, but they had so much energy and the music was a lot of fun, ending with chet faker and nicolas jar that night was just the icing on the cake.

All in all, what got me moving was boys noize & diplo, caribou and sbtrkt were second favorites.
0 Frags +

Outside Lands 2011, I managed to work my way up to the front during the first few bands that played the main stage in time to get in the front row to see The Decemberists, and then Arcade Fire right after. During the course of the festival I also saw Muse, MGMT, Arctic Monkeys, OK Go, Phantogram, Foster the People, Little Dragon, The Black Keys, The Shins, and a ton of other bands.

In July I saw OK Go in SF at a smaller venue than what I've previously seen them play at, and my friends and I hung out with the band after.

In 2007 I caught Linkin Park's Projekt Revolution tour, and saw them along with My Chemical Romance, Taking Back Sunday, and Placebo. Teenage me loved these bands so much and it was the first festival I went to.

Also you lucky guys who got to see Caravan Palace! I missed them last time they were in the states.

Outside Lands 2011, I managed to work my way up to the front during the first few bands that played the main stage in time to get in the front row to see The Decemberists, and then Arcade Fire right after. During the course of the festival I also saw Muse, MGMT, Arctic Monkeys, OK Go, Phantogram, Foster the People, Little Dragon, The Black Keys, The Shins, and a ton of other bands.

In July I saw OK Go in SF at a smaller venue than what I've previously seen them play at, and my friends and I hung out with the band after.

In 2007 I caught Linkin Park's Projekt Revolution tour, and saw them along with My Chemical Romance, Taking Back Sunday, and Placebo. Teenage me loved these bands so much and it was the first festival I went to.

Also you lucky guys who got to see Caravan Palace! I missed them last time they were in the states.
0 Frags +

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMcmLPIZVfA

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMcmLPIZVfA[/youtube]
2 Frags +
mustardoverlord4. Free comedy (w/ some music) show at Williamsburg Waterfront- Eugene Mirman, Patton Oswalt, Todd Barry, Kristen Schaal, Jonathan Coulton, and They Might Be Giants. rained like hell but still awesome

I was at this show too, it was great.

Haven't been to too many, but my favorite was probably seeing Reel Big Fish a few years ago in NYC (not sure where, I've seen them a few places)

[quote=mustardoverlord]4. Free comedy (w/ some music) show at Williamsburg Waterfront- Eugene Mirman, Patton Oswalt, Todd Barry, Kristen Schaal, Jonathan Coulton, and They Might Be Giants. rained like hell but still awesome [/quote]

I was at this show too, it was great.

Haven't been to too many, but my favorite was probably seeing Reel Big Fish a few years ago in NYC (not sure where, I've seen them a few places)
1 Frags +

ACDC in 2009 was very very good
Seeing Foo Fighters twice in the same week was pretty surreal. Milton Keynes Bowl and T in the Park 2011
Seen Joe Satriani twice as well, the guy is ridiculously good live
In Flames was probably my favourite at The Ritz in Manchester last October.
Was expecting Slipknot to be shit in 2008 but they were surprisingly awesome. Machine Head supporting was insane as well.

Also going to Tuska Open Air in Helsinki in June which will be siiiiiiiick

ACDC in 2009 was very very good
Seeing Foo Fighters twice in the same week was pretty surreal. Milton Keynes Bowl and T in the Park 2011
Seen Joe Satriani twice as well, the guy is ridiculously good live
In Flames was probably my favourite at The Ritz in Manchester last October.
Was expecting Slipknot to be shit in 2008 but they were surprisingly awesome. Machine Head supporting was insane as well.

Also going to Tuska Open Air in Helsinki in June which will be siiiiiiiick
7 Frags +

the best part about going to shows is being the designated driver cause fuck your friends then your friend talks all night about some guy with a huge dick shes been sleeping with and how shes totally gonna go home with him otnight then she doesnt cuz shes drunk and rubbing up against you and other ppl but youre sober and its just awkward and theres a bunch of sweaty ppl around you you dont really know or like or even want to be around and he doesnt end up going home with her so she cries all the way home while you have to drive home soberish and drop her off and then you go home and cut yourself

the best part about going to shows is being the designated driver cause fuck your friends then your friend talks all night about some guy with a huge dick shes been sleeping with and how shes totally gonna go home with him otnight then she doesnt cuz shes drunk and rubbing up against you and other ppl but youre sober and its just awkward and theres a bunch of sweaty ppl around you you dont really know or like or even want to be around and he doesnt end up going home with her so she cries all the way home while you have to drive home soberish and drop her off and then you go home and cut yourself
5 Frags +

Two answers easily, and both are based less on the show itself and the before/after. I used to work at a hookah bar/record store (I'm a dirty hipster.. kinda) for a while so I got to chill with a lot of bands who came in a pretty intimate venue.

1. The most fun I've ever had a concert (also the most attracted I've ever been to a band collectively) was hanging out with the Dum Dum Girls. To this day I still keep in touch with the singer and the drummer. :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBSs3-RfLKk

Holy shit after watching that video all I can remember is just smoking with/flirting with UGHHH... I'll never forget the way Sandra Vu (drummer) kept staring at me during Bedroom Eyes. Though the cool part is if anyone wants to go to a Dum Dum Girls show holla @ me! I can bring whomever forever really.

2. Hanging out with Ghostface Killah after he performed here in State College. I kinda find myself in random situations and walked up to him after the show and had this 'Fishscale' poster (great album) I'd had for years (http://qiyawuxi.myhost21.com/img/album+fishscale+ghostface+killah+review1.jpg), I asked him to sign it in SILVER SHARPIE and he went nuts. He told me to follow him back into the nightclub and took me to the upper level where him and some local rappers (one who I ended up living with 4 years later o_O) were just smoking the biggest fucking blunt. I got to fucking just hear him bullshit and poke and prod the local rappers for like 20 minutes before they all had to get back on the tour bus. I turns out he liked how silver looked on that album cover/poster and most people kept bringing black sharpies which looked like shit. I dunno why he invited me to chill but I will never question it to this day. I still cherish that sharpie, though it's dried out. :o

Two answers easily, and both are based less on the show itself and the before/after. I used to work at a hookah bar/record store (I'm a dirty hipster.. kinda) for a while so I got to chill with a lot of bands who came in a pretty intimate venue.

[b]1.[/b] The most fun I've ever had a concert (also the most attracted I've ever been to a band collectively) was hanging out with the Dum Dum Girls. To this day I still keep in touch with the singer and the drummer. :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBSs3-RfLKk

Holy shit after watching that video all I can remember is just smoking with/flirting with UGHHH... I'll never forget the way Sandra Vu (drummer) kept staring at me during Bedroom Eyes. Though the cool part is if anyone wants to go to a Dum Dum Girls show holla @ me! I can bring whomever forever really.

[b]2.[/b] Hanging out with Ghostface Killah after he performed here in State College. I kinda find myself in random situations and walked up to him after the show and had this 'Fishscale' poster (great album) I'd had for years (http://qiyawuxi.myhost21.com/img/album+fishscale+ghostface+killah+review1.jpg), I asked him to sign it in SILVER SHARPIE and he went nuts. He told me to follow him back into the nightclub and took me to the upper level where him and some local rappers (one who I ended up living with 4 years later o_O) were just smoking the biggest fucking blunt. I got to fucking just hear him bullshit and poke and prod the local rappers for like 20 minutes before they all had to get back on the tour bus. I turns out he liked how silver looked on that album cover/poster and most people kept bringing black sharpies which looked like shit. I dunno why he invited me to chill but I will never question it to this day. I still cherish that sharpie, though it's dried out. :o
6 Frags +

Run The Jewels hands down

Run The Jewels hands down
4 Frags +

Seen Iron Maiden twice, both times were the best thing ever. The crowd has so much energy and it just bounces back at you.

Seen Iron Maiden twice, both times were the best thing ever. The crowd has so much energy and it just bounces back at you.
1 2 3
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.