Upvote Upvoted 7 Downvote Downvoted
What do you look for in a custom hud?
posted in Customization
0 Frags +

What do you guys look for in a custom hud?
I like a nice simple hud where I can easily see my health ammo (and ubercharge). For the scoreboard, I like having the playerlist nice and big, as well as the server time left big, and a different color, which I like for counting ubers (I play competitive almost exclusively, including DM and MGE).

What do you guys look for in a custom hud?
I like a nice simple hud where I can easily see my health ammo (and ubercharge). For the scoreboard, I like having the playerlist nice and big, as well as the server time left big, and a different color, which I like for counting ubers (I play competitive almost exclusively, including DM and MGE).
5 Frags +

minimalism #bxhud

minimalism #bxhud
1 Frags +

i like ones that are minimal, good for using and nice to look at because some huds are downright ugly.
flamehud is my favorite and oxide is my 2nd, but im using the old broesel because the font wasnt right

i like ones that are minimal, good for using and nice to look at because some huds are downright ugly.
flamehud is my favorite and oxide is my 2nd, but im using the old broesel because the font wasnt right
1 Frags +

I like it to look pretty and have as much added functionality as possible. (Like health numbers in target id, using a and d to move through the backpack, etc)

I like it to look pretty and have as much added functionality as possible. (Like health numbers in target id, using a and d to move through the backpack, etc)
0 Frags +

minimalism here as well.
and, personally, i don't want anything to be in the way. nothing too centered or too colourful.
i want the essentials 'within reach', while not being obstructing.

i'm still rocking the dated m0rehud. i can imagine there's a similar (newer) hud, but the only thing that seems to be broken on m0rehud is the vaccinator-stuff, which is not an issue for me.
there's probably more that's broken, but i wouldn't know since i don't play the newer gamemodes like that shit with grappling hooks or whatever else has even been added.

minimalism here as well.
and, personally, i don't want anything to be in the way. nothing too centered or too colourful.
i want the essentials 'within reach', while not being obstructing.

i'm still rocking the dated m0rehud. i can imagine there's a similar (newer) hud, but the only thing that seems to be broken on m0rehud is the vaccinator-stuff, which is not an issue for me.
there's probably more that's broken, but i wouldn't know since i don't play the newer gamemodes like that shit with grappling hooks or whatever else has even been added.
1 Frags +

minimalist aestheticism.

minimalist aestheticism.
-26 Frags +

is hud rayshud? if yes, good hud, if not, discard and try again.

my thought process for huds.

is hud rayshud? if yes, good hud, if not, discard and try again.

my thought process for huds.
0 Frags +

Font, positioning and neatness.

Font, positioning and neatness.
0 Frags +

a HUD that is extremely clear at a glance is the best HUD

Gmang is my favorite, broesel second

a HUD that is extremely clear at a glance is the best HUD

Gmang is my favorite, broesel second
1 Frags +

font is a big thing for a hud. it's gotta have really good dmg numbers too. i use noto

font is a big thing for a hud. it's gotta have really good dmg numbers too. i use noto
3 Frags +

clean and readable damage numbers

colors that don't blend in

outlines

wide variety of hud crosshairs

scoreboard that doesn't block the entirety of my screen

clean and readable damage numbers

colors that don't blend in

outlines

wide variety of hud crosshairs

scoreboard that doesn't block the entirety of my screen
0 Frags +

minimal, health/ammo close to crosshair. A clean scoreboard where you can tell which players are dead and which are alive easily

minimal, health/ammo close to crosshair. A clean scoreboard where you can tell which players are dead and which are alive easily
2 Frags +

minimal

clear text

small but readable and crisp damage numbers

crosshairs with working outlines

a scoreboard that shows a bunch of relevant information, while still being very minimal (would personally like to see a scoardboard that takes up less space than what most huds currently use or be more transparent)

I enjoy have the option of having a health cross + health number or just heath numbers

A reasonable class/team choose interface

minimal

clear text

small but readable and crisp damage numbers

crosshairs with working outlines

a scoreboard that shows a bunch of relevant information, while still being very minimal (would personally like to see a scoardboard that takes up less space than what most huds currently use or be more transparent)

I enjoy have the option of having a health cross + health number or just heath numbers

A reasonable class/team choose interface
0 Frags +

Nice font, and a good spectator element.

Nice font, and a good spectator element.
1 Frags +

Minimalism, simplicity, good custom xhairs variety
Outlines
Decently big numbers so i won't have to look up close to see how many health do I have
Having some tunnel vision is okay
Colored damage numbers
Basically hud I use:

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/710780098922593044/279C922E1521FD5FC8FE66C57FD4B166AD145651/

Minimalism, simplicity, good custom xhairs variety
Outlines
Decently big numbers so i won't have to look up close to see how many health do I have
Having some tunnel vision is okay
Colored damage numbers
Basically hud I use:
[img]http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/710780098922593044/279C922E1521FD5FC8FE66C57FD4B166AD145651/[/img]
7 Frags +

he has to be at least 6'2

he has to be at least 6'2
7 Frags +

brown eyes
good sense of humor
cute

brown eyes
good sense of humor
cute
5 Frags +

isn't a weeb

isn't a weeb
1 Frags +

- small killfeed
- small and big scoreboard
- no hipster curved edges like in the vanilla
- no gay number fonts like in the vanilla
- team colored timer (would be nice to have both timer, round and map time as well in every hud, (why do i have to press tab every time)
- shadow behind the hp and ammo number, cause i cant see the white numbers sometimes
- an alternative version to disable the hp cross (always +10 minute work to find the cross when i find a good lookin hud)
- overheal should be green. blue overheal makes my brain think im on the blue team, maybe just a personal thing.
- lot of custom crosshairs implemented (WITH OUTLINES OFC)
- sexy spechud
- proper main menu with only useful buttons (yes, the demoui is more important than the achivements)
- clean and readable dmg numbers. not a bad thing if they have outlines as well.
- maybe its a personal thing: but when a medic heals me, the % is really small, and most of the time doesnt have a background like his name has + same goes on the medic side for the ammo. damn annoying.
- small chatwindow because its annoying when challanged ppl start to spam.

- small killfeed
- small and big scoreboard
- no hipster curved edges like in the vanilla
- no gay number fonts like in the vanilla
- team colored timer (would be nice to have both timer, round and map time as well in every hud, (why do i have to press tab every time)
- shadow behind the hp and ammo number, cause i cant see the white numbers sometimes
- an alternative version to disable the hp cross (always +10 minute work to find the cross when i find a good lookin hud)
- overheal should be green. blue overheal makes my brain think im on the blue team, maybe just a personal thing.
- lot of custom crosshairs implemented (WITH OUTLINES OFC)
- sexy spechud
- proper main menu with only useful buttons (yes, the demoui is more important than the achivements)
- clean and readable dmg numbers. not a bad thing if they have outlines as well.
- maybe its a personal thing: but when a medic heals me, the % is really small, and most of the time doesnt have a background like his name has + same goes on the medic side for the ammo. damn annoying.
- small chatwindow because its annoying when challanged ppl start to spam.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.