Upvote Upvoted 11 Downvote Downvoted
What is counter jump?
posted in Q/A Help
0 Frags +

Hello!

Can anyone tell me what is counter jump?

Thank you

Hello!

Can anyone tell me what is counter jump?

Thank you
17 Frags +

when a soldier jumps away when another soldier is about to bomb him

notable example: killing counter jumped tlr granary mid in the drunkenbrawl mge tourney

it is frowned upon in mge but u can do it during actual games

when a soldier jumps away when another soldier is about to bomb him

notable example: killing counter jumped tlr granary mid in the drunkenbrawl mge tourney

it is frowned upon in mge but u can do it during actual games
16 Frags +

Counter Jump - a thing you do when you are not pro enough to airshot them

Counter Jump - a thing you do when you are not pro enough to airshot them
29 Frags +

You're on badlands spire

Soldier jumps up to fight you

You do rocket jump to the skybox

Soldier lands on spire

You shoot rockets down at him from the skybox

You're on badlands spire

Soldier jumps up to fight you

You do rocket jump to the skybox

Soldier lands on spire

You shoot rockets down at him from the skybox
1 Frags +

Thank you guys!

Thank you guys!
-7 Frags +

It's a great strategy, you should practice it as much as possible to gain that "edge" over your opponents!

It's a great strategy, you should practice it as much as possible to gain that "edge" over your opponents!
4 Frags +

It's lame in mge because it defeats the purpose of training 1v1 DM, but in matches it's fine to do it because it gives you the upper hand in fights.

It's lame in mge because it defeats the purpose of training 1v1 DM, but in matches it's fine to do it because it gives you the upper hand in fights.
-2 Frags +
Turinit's fine to do it because it gives you the upper hand in fights.

im sure jumping up in a straight line wont get you airshot

[quote=Turin]it's fine to do it because it gives you the upper hand in fights.[/quote]
im sure jumping up in a straight line wont get you airshot
0 Frags +

Who said you can't strafe?

Who said you can't strafe?
-1 Frags +
TurinWho said you can't strafe?

If you're counter-jumping then wouldn't you be starting your jump, while they're bombing you.
If that's the case then it makes sense you'd be moving straight for a little while before you were able to strafe... right?

[quote=Turin]Who said you can't strafe?[/quote]

If you're counter-jumping then wouldn't you be starting your jump, while they're bombing you.
If that's the case then it makes sense you'd be moving straight for a little while before you were able to strafe... right?
6 Frags +

counter jump to tyrone shot is a 1 2 punch combo

counter jump to tyrone shot is a 1 2 punch combo
0 Frags +

its generally frowned upon in mge but whatever works i suppose

its generally frowned upon in mge but whatever works i suppose
0 Frags +

its funny this thread is right below the grapehud thread

its funny this thread is right below the grapehud thread
-4 Frags +

its gay

its gay
4 Frags +

My understanding of counter-jumping was always jumping after the enemy soldier goes aggressive, so you're effectively "counter jumping" their original soldier aggression to gain an advantage.

I guess it's a phrase that is more universal than you think.

My understanding of counter-jumping was always jumping after the enemy soldier goes aggressive, so you're effectively "counter jumping" their original soldier aggression to gain an advantage.

4 Frags +
HildrethMy understanding of counter-jumping was always jumping after the enemy soldier goes aggressive, so you're effectively "counter jumping" their original soldier aggression to gain an advantage.

P much what I was thinking. Good example in games is when an enemy soldier jumps on crates on granary before you, you rocketjump AFTER he does to gain a potential combat advantage - essentially countering your opponent. This is opposed to you jumping on your crates early to gain an early height advantage.

[quote=Hildreth]My understanding of counter-jumping was always jumping after the enemy soldier goes aggressive, so you're effectively "counter jumping" their original soldier aggression to gain an advantage.

I guess it's a phrase that is more universal than you think.[/quote]

P much what I was thinking. Good example in games is when an enemy soldier jumps on crates on granary before you, you rocketjump AFTER he does to gain a potential combat advantage - essentially countering your opponent. This is opposed to you jumping on your crates early to gain an early height advantage.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.