Upvote Upvoted 12 Downvote Downvoted
Charity Stream Help/Advice
posted in Events
0 Frags +

Hey buddies!

I'm wanting to do a 24 hour stream to raise money for a children's mental health charity (i have a few in question but it depends on other things) in the UK, reasons being whilst keeping it brief as possible, me and my younger brother both have mental health problems (with his being very severe), as the UK also has poor mental health care I'm really wanting to do this.

I did consider doing something relating to some sort of exercise, but I would then not raise any money unless I did something based on per cm ran.

Anyway, I've never done one of these before so and I know loads of people here and experience in doing these things before, was also wanting advice on what I should do for the whole 24 hours (I have ideas already but more would be swell).

Thank you.

Hey buddies!

I'm wanting to do a 24 hour stream to raise money for a children's mental health charity (i have a few in question but it depends on other things) in the UK, reasons being whilst keeping it brief as possible, me and my younger brother both have mental health problems (with his being very severe), as the UK also has poor mental health care I'm really wanting to do this.

I did consider doing something relating to some sort of exercise, but I would then not raise any money unless I did something based on per cm ran.

Anyway, I've never done one of these before so and I know loads of people here and experience in doing these things before, was also wanting advice on what I should do for the whole 24 hours (I have ideas already but more would be swell).

Thank you.
-1 Frags +

Do you really need to have a gimmick? IIRC CeeJaey has done charity streams where he just continued to play MvM, I'm sure you could just play video games and people would be satisfied. It's fairly easy to get the attention of a community as small and generous as TF2's, especially since you're already a recognized name.

Do you really need to have a gimmick? IIRC CeeJaey has done charity streams where he just continued to play MvM, I'm sure you could just play video games and people would be satisfied. It's fairly easy to get the attention of a community as small and generous as TF2's, especially since you're already a recognized name.
4 Frags +
fatswimdudeDo you really need to have a gimmick? IIRC CeeJaey has done charity streams where he just continued to play MvM, I'm sure you could just play video games and people would be satisfied. It's fairly easy to get the attention of a community as small and generous as TF2's, especially since you're already a recognized name.

It really can't hurt to have fun events tho

[quote=fatswimdude]Do you really need to have a gimmick? IIRC CeeJaey has done charity streams where he just continued to play MvM, I'm sure you could just play video games and people would be satisfied. It's fairly easy to get the attention of a community as small and generous as TF2's, especially since you're already a recognized name.[/quote]

It really can't hurt to have fun events tho
-5 Frags +
BrimstoneIt really can't hurt to have fun events tho

of course, i just personally hate when videogaming streams turn into huge gimmicks completely unrelated to videogaming just because its a charity

ᶦ ᵈᵒᶰᵗ ᵏᶰᵒʷ ᵃᶰʸᵗʰᶦᶰᵍ ᵃᵇᵒᵘᵗ ᶜʰᵃʳᶦᵗʸ ˢᵗʳᵉᵃᵐˢ ᵗʰᵒᵘᵍʰ

[quote=Brimstone]It really can't hurt to have fun events tho[/quote]

of course, i just personally hate when videogaming streams turn into huge gimmicks completely unrelated to videogaming just because its a charity

ᶦ ᵈᵒᶰᵗ ᵏᶰᵒʷ ᵃᶰʸᵗʰᶦᶰᵍ ᵃᵇᵒᵘᵗ ᶜʰᵃʳᶦᵗʸ ˢᵗʳᵉᵃᵐˢ ᵗʰᵒᵘᵍʰ
2 Frags +

Didn't even say I was going to have a gimmick, I was thinking more of the lines with viewer lobbies, mvm, mge, ultiduo, other games etc. It will be a complete video gaming charity stream.

Didn't even say I was going to have a gimmick, I was thinking more of the lines with viewer lobbies, mvm, mge, ultiduo, other games etc. It will be a complete video gaming charity stream.
0 Frags +

I would do try to get some prem players to do a pug or something. Maybe without the whitelists like the "Valve's TF2" thing. That would built initial viewership and then around primetime you could do stream interactive stuff like lobbies,prophunt, etc.

I would do try to get some prem players to do a pug or something. Maybe without the whitelists like the "Valve's TF2" thing. That would built initial viewership and then around primetime you could do stream interactive stuff like lobbies,prophunt, etc.
0 Frags +

Make sure to have stuff that viewers can join in on. People like watching others stream video games, but for a full 24 hour stream you'll want to have portions of it that the viewers can be a part of as well.

Maybe consider having a giveaway? I know it's counter intuitive if you're trying to raise money for something but giveaways really build interest for stuff like this.

Make sure to have stuff that viewers can join in on. People like watching others stream video games, but for a full 24 hour stream you'll want to have portions of it that the viewers can be a part of as well.

Maybe consider having a giveaway? I know it's counter intuitive if you're trying to raise money for something but giveaways really build interest for stuff like this.
-3 Frags +
WARHURYEAHDidn't even say I was going to have a gimmick, I was thinking more of the lines with viewer lobbies, mvm, mge, ultiduo, other games etc. It will be a complete video gaming charity stream.

ok i guess i misunderstood your post

good luck, ill look forward to it!

[quote=WARHURYEAH]Didn't even say I was going to have a gimmick, I was thinking more of the lines with viewer lobbies, mvm, mge, ultiduo, other games etc. It will be a complete video gaming charity stream.[/quote]
ok i guess i misunderstood your post

good luck, ill look forward to it!
newbie.tf
0 Frags +

I've done three 24 hour charity streams on my channel before. Any time someone donates $50 or more, I run around my house with Skype mobile screen regioned on the stream.

Always gets a good laugh + helps me stay awake + gives my eyes a much needed break + more money for St. Jude!

Also eat healthy or you will hate yourself right around hour 18.

I've done three 24 hour charity streams on my channel before. Any time someone donates $50 or more, I run around my house with Skype mobile screen regioned on the stream.

Always gets a good laugh + helps me stay awake + gives my eyes a much needed break + more money for St. Jude!

Also eat healthy or you will hate yourself right around hour 18.
0 Frags +

One thing I wanted to address as well is that all the sites for the charities I want the donations to go to only accept card payments and nothing through paypal. As naturally I want to see how many donations I get etc. I would have to do it through one of those imraising/twitchalerts stuff. Would this pose a problem if I would have donations going through my personal paypal?

One thing I wanted to address as well is that all the sites for the charities I want the donations to go to only accept card payments and nothing through paypal. As naturally I want to see how many donations I get etc. I would have to do it through one of those imraising/twitchalerts stuff. Would this pose a problem if I would have donations going through my personal paypal?
newbie.tf
3 Frags +

There are a few ways for people to look at it.

1) the more things it goes through (ei donor's paypal to your PayPal through imraising to your credit card to the charity), the more fees that will be involved. People want to donate to charity, not to paypal or imraising.

2) some people will will totally trust you, but not everyone will. If you put the donation straight to the charity, more people will donate.

Most charities do have a paypal donation email even if they say it isn't listed. Have you called/ emailed the charities about it?

There are a few ways for people to look at it.

1) the more things it goes through (ei donor's paypal to your PayPal through imraising to your credit card to the charity), the more fees that will be involved. People want to donate to charity, not to paypal or imraising.

2) some people will will totally trust you, but not everyone will. If you put the donation straight to the charity, more people will donate.

Most charities do have a paypal donation email even if they say it isn't listed. Have you called/ emailed the charities about it?
0 Frags +

Thank war. Awesome that yet another charity stream is coming up! Count me in for donating a decent amount c:

Thank war. Awesome that yet another charity stream is coming up! Count me in for donating a decent amount c:
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.