Upvote Upvoted 1 Downvote Downvoted
Weird Demo Playback Issue
posted in Q/A Help
0 Frags +

I've been having an issue lately where whenever I pause/resume a demo or alt-tab out OR skip forward in ticks, everything that happens in the demo happens as it should-- but my model is completely still and nothing else moves. For example, if I headshot someone, the model will stand completely still and the POV won't move at all-- but I hear the death noises and the critical hit noise. Not really sure how to solve it but if anyone else has/had this issue and knows possible solutions, please help :<

I've been having an issue lately where whenever I pause/resume a demo or alt-tab out OR skip forward in ticks, everything that happens in the demo happens as it should-- but my model is completely still and nothing else moves. For example, if I headshot someone, the model will stand completely still and the POV won't move at all-- but I hear the death noises and the critical hit noise. Not really sure how to solve it but if anyone else has/had this issue and knows possible solutions, please help :<
0 Frags +

Frankly, as unhelpful as I know it is...

TF2's demo system, especially with POV demos, fucking sucks. Any glitches or errors you see in playback, along with any bugs involving crashing or consistently reproducible issues, are normal behavior.

Welcome to Team Fortress 2.

Although, you can always try a hud_reloadscheme or changing model quality while paused, the latter of which forces a complete re-initialization of the render window.

Frankly, as unhelpful as I know it is...

TF2's demo system, especially with POV demos, fucking sucks. Any glitches or errors you see in playback, along with any bugs involving crashing or consistently reproducible issues, are normal behavior.

Welcome to Team Fortress 2.

Although, you can always try a hud_reloadscheme or changing model quality while paused, the latter of which forces a complete re-initialization of the render window.
1 Frags +

Going back like 100 ticks with the demoui fixes it for me most of the time!

Going back like 100 ticks with the demoui fixes it for me most of the time!
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.