Upvote Upvoted 8 Downvote Downvoted
TF2 on source2
0 Frags +

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CygYCYVCkVg

Also talks about TF2 MM, brings up the fact that if TF2 wants to keep up with overwatch they will need to add these sorts of things.

Just ignore the Spy VS Engie update...

Let's start some arguments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CygYCYVCkVg

Also talks about TF2 MM, brings up the fact that if TF2 wants to keep up with overwatch they [u]will[/u] need to add these sorts of things.

Just ignore the Spy VS Engie update...

Let's start some arguments
13 Frags +

26 Frags +

just don't get your hopes up that's all I can say

just don't get your hopes up that's all I can say
10 Frags +
nobelharvardsI imagine Team Fortress 2 will be the last priority to be ported, if it will be ported at all, compared to Counter Strike: Global Offensive and Defense of the Ancients 2.

ur looking at TF2 from the lens of CS or dotes where yeah, the game is fucking trashcans on numbers, but its not like TF2 doesnt move product and its not like TF2 doesn't have engine nerds. tbh i doubt the tf2 community is going to sit by and not bitch and moan if tf2 doesn't get ported, and i think its been pointed out that bitching and whining does at least get valve 2 consider yr idea (demo nerfs/reverts).

MM was hinted at before mannpower, so unless valve was doing a lot of internal testing on it (i doubt it, it was even shittier at release), i think they've at least been considering/planning for HL MM for ~6 months or so. idk id expect the engi/spy update with MM (if they're linked) around Christmas or next spring, but id b p surprised if valve committed the PR suicide of trying to kill their most popular comp gamemode (HL) by not supporting it

also the STAR vid said something about overwatch not being particularly movement based so its gonna be dead in the water from the 6s community and possibly HL who knows. It'll be fine because blizzard bucks but i doubt valve really gives a shit about it

[quote=nobelharvards]I imagine Team Fortress 2 will be the last priority to be ported, if it will be ported at all, compared to Counter Strike: Global Offensive and Defense of the Ancients 2.
[/quote]
ur looking at TF2 from the lens of CS or dotes where yeah, the game is fucking trashcans on numbers, but its not like TF2 doesnt move product and its not like TF2 doesn't have engine nerds. tbh i doubt the tf2 community is going to sit by and not bitch and moan if tf2 doesn't get ported, and i think its been pointed out that bitching and whining does at least get valve 2 consider yr idea (demo nerfs/reverts).

MM was hinted at before mannpower, so unless valve was doing a lot of internal testing on it (i doubt it, it was even shittier at release), i think they've at least been considering/planning for HL MM for ~6 months or so. idk id expect the engi/spy update with MM (if they're linked) around Christmas or next spring, but id b p surprised if valve committed the PR suicide of trying to kill their most popular comp gamemode (HL) by not supporting it

also the STAR vid said something about overwatch not being particularly movement based so its gonna be dead in the water from the 6s community and possibly HL who knows. It'll be fine because blizzard bucks but i doubt valve really gives a shit about it
3 Frags +

On one hand I would like to see a graphics update with higher resolution models and textures, but at the same time the current artstyle seems pretty timeless. For a game that came out in 2007, everything still looks amazingly good. That, or I'm just too dense to see it's age.

On one hand I would like to see a graphics update with higher resolution models and textures, but at the same time the current artstyle seems pretty timeless. For a game that came out in 2007, everything still looks amazingly good. That, or I'm just too dense to see it's age.
11 Frags +

im fine w/it as long as i get better frames
i swear to fucking god

im fine w/it as long as i get better frames
i swear to fucking god
4 Frags +
Not_MatlockOn one hand I would like to see a graphics update with higher resolution models and textures, but at the same time the current artstyle seems pretty timeless. For a game that came out in 2007, everything still looks amazingly good. That, or I'm just too dense to see it's age.

other than support for maps w/ more brushes and props, i doubt you'd see a big increase in pretty

u might see an increase in frames tho, since id imagine the #1 improvement will be model attachments, which are also the #1 framekilla666

[quote=Not_Matlock]On one hand I would like to see a graphics update with higher resolution models and textures, but at the same time the current artstyle seems pretty timeless. For a game that came out in 2007, everything still looks amazingly good. That, or I'm just too dense to see it's age.[/quote]
other than [i]support[/i] for maps w/ more brushes and props, i doubt you'd see a big increase in pretty

u might see an increase in frames tho, since id imagine the #1 improvement will be model attachments, which are also the #1 framekilla666
6 Frags +

Guessing matchmaking will either be for quickplay or some horrific mannpower based attempt at a competitive mode

Guessing matchmaking will either be for quickplay or some horrific mannpower based attempt at a competitive mode
-4 Frags +

this video just reminds me how bad the default hud is
ugh

this video just reminds me how bad the default hud is
ugh
22 Frags +

imagine a world where tf2 runs consistently at 300 fps, has integrated competitive match making, and new engineer buildings that speed up gameplay

yeah. I can't either.

imagine a world where tf2 runs consistently at 300 fps, has integrated competitive match making, and new engineer buildings that speed up gameplay

yeah. I can't either.
14 Frags +

Look, all Im asking for is 128 tic to be possible.

Look, all Im asking for is 128 tic to be possible.
3 Frags +

A thread about the future of tf2 that isn't all doom and gloom?

A thread about the future of tf2 that isn't all doom and gloom?
-1 Frags +

Getting excited about rumoured updates never backfired before, all aboard the hype train! I for one am saving up my pocket money to buy Spy vs Engineer journals and the six new weapons from the Mann Co. Store, one of which might be partially useful. I can use them all in the new matchmaking on rd_asteroid, TF2's new competitive gamemode inspired by Dota, because TF2's comp scene failed because it isn't enough like Dota, Robin Walker said so.

Getting excited about rumoured updates never backfired before, all aboard the hype train! I for one am saving up my pocket money to buy Spy vs Engineer journals and the six new weapons from the Mann Co. Store, one of which might be partially useful. I can use them all in the new matchmaking on rd_asteroid, TF2's new competitive gamemode inspired by Dota, because TF2's comp scene failed because it isn't enough like Dota, Robin Walker said so.
5 Frags +

Considering how much focus content has had in TF2 and the fact that Source2 has a similar focus why wouldn't they port it.

Also, from a software development side of things it's typically easier to maintain your products if they operate within the same engine. At some point there's someone at valve making calculations on "how many man years of development time are we going to spend maintaining tf2 if we don't port it" vs "how many man years of development time are we going to spend maintaining tf2 if we do port it." As time goes on it's more difficult to maintain games with older engines.

I think they will port it.

Considering how much focus content has had in TF2 and the fact that Source2 has a similar focus why wouldn't they port it.

Also, from a software development side of things it's typically easier to maintain your products if they operate within the same engine. At some point there's someone at valve making calculations on "how many man years of development time are we going to spend maintaining tf2 if we don't port it" vs "how many man years of development time are we going to spend maintaining tf2 if we do port it." As time goes on it's more difficult to maintain games with older engines.

I think they will port it.
-4 Frags +

This guy says the proof is that folder that got leaked but in the folder you see hl3 and gaben said that hl3 will not made unless there is a big demand, so i guess rip

This guy says the proof is that folder that got leaked but in the folder you see hl3 and gaben said that hl3 will not made unless there is a big demand, so i guess rip
5 Frags +

If source2 allows bigger and better unusual effects I can imagine it would be worth it to valve to port. The day those crates first drip with their "Quadruple Pink Fire Truck" effect people will drop millions for those keys

If source2 allows bigger and better unusual effects I can imagine it would be worth it to valve to port. The day those crates first drip with their "Quadruple Pink Fire Truck" effect people will drop millions for those keys
-2 Frags +

If overwatch is a success, Valve will respond. If not, they won't need to.

Valve has the ability to learn from past failures also, that's what they with CSGO to tweak it and bring it to where it is now.

If overwatch is a success, Valve will respond. If not, they won't need to.

Valve has the ability to learn from past failures also, that's what they with CSGO to tweak it and bring it to where it is now.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.