Upvote Upvoted 2 Downvote Downvoted
Smart TV
posted in Off Topic
0 Frags +

My father's in the market for a smart tv. I know I could google this shit but between lcd led plasma and all the different manufacturers, picture quality, black quality or depth or whatever that's a LOT of shit to handle even with google. the dude is cheap as fuck and is actually willing to splurge a bit for once in his life so I wanna get him hooked up with somethin nice. He said he wanted a 50" for $500 but I know he's willing to pay a bit more. So basically any recommendations on a bomb ass TV for ~$750 are greatly appreciated.

My father's in the market for a smart tv. I know I could google this shit but between lcd led plasma and all the different manufacturers, picture quality, black quality or depth or whatever that's a LOT of shit to handle even with google. the dude is cheap as fuck and is actually willing to splurge a bit for once in his life so I wanna get him hooked up with somethin nice. He said he wanted a 50" for $500 but I know he's willing to pay a bit more. So basically any recommendations on a bomb ass TV for ~$750 are greatly appreciated.
0 Frags +

While you're learning about what you should be looking for and what you should be staying away from, keep an eye on slickdeals' TV section.

http://slickdeals.net/deals/tv/

While you're learning about what you should be looking for and what you should be staying away from, keep an eye on slickdeals' TV section.

http://slickdeals.net/deals/tv/
2 Frags +

Do you know what specifically he's looking for in a smart TV? I'd bet the majority of the people buying smart TVs could save themselves $100+ if they just bought a regular HDTV and a Chromecast. I haven't personally used a Fire Stick but it's also worth checking out.

Not trying to dissuade you from a smart TV, I just get sad seeing people waste their money on them.

Do you know what specifically he's looking for in a smart TV? I'd bet the majority of the people buying smart TVs could save themselves $100+ if they just bought a regular HDTV and a Chromecast. I haven't personally used a Fire Stick but it's also worth checking out.

Not trying to dissuade you from a smart TV, I just get sad seeing people waste their money on them.
0 Frags +
dangoDo you know what specifically he's looking for in a smart TV? I'd bet the majority of the people buying smart TVs could save themselves $100+ if they just bought a regular HDTV and a Chromecast. I haven't personally used a Fire Stick but it's also worth checking out.

Don't get the Chromecast it's much different and not as user friendly as the Fire TV or Roku. If he wants to watch netflix and such I'd get one of those two instead of getting a tv with that stuff built in. Roku and the Fire TV are pretty similar in what they do, I think the fire tv is really only better than the roku if you have a prime account.

[quote=dango]Do you know what specifically he's looking for in a smart TV? I'd bet the majority of the people buying smart TVs could save themselves $100+ if they just bought a regular HDTV and a Chromecast. I haven't personally used a Fire Stick but it's also worth checking out.

Not trying to dissuade you from a smart TV, I just get sad seeing people waste their money on them.[/quote]
Don't get the Chromecast it's much different and not as user friendly as the Fire TV or Roku. If he wants to watch netflix and such I'd get one of those two instead of getting a tv with that stuff built in. Roku and the Fire TV are pretty similar in what they do, I think the fire tv is really only better than the roku if you have a prime account.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.