Upvote Upvoted 30 Downvote Downvoted
STV Camera Smoothing
0 Frags +

One new feature that TSC added to StatusSpec this week is CS:GO style camera smoothing. If you watch you will notice that when the angle is right switching between players actually does a smooth camera transition between them rather than a sharp cut. We wanted to know your opinions on this before we start using it by default. Pros/cons etc. The only issues we know of so far are occasional viewmodel issues until the viewmodel animation changes i.e. reload/shooting/change weapon etc.

You can see the transitions here at the ESEA S18 LAN finals stream here http://www.twitch.tv/esea3

One new feature that TSC added to StatusSpec this week is CS:GO style camera smoothing. If you watch you will notice that when the angle is right switching between players actually does a smooth camera transition between them rather than a sharp cut. We wanted to know your opinions on this before we start using it by default. Pros/cons etc. The only issues we know of so far are occasional viewmodel issues until the viewmodel animation changes i.e. reload/shooting/change weapon etc.

You can see the transitions here at the ESEA S18 LAN finals stream here http://www.twitch.tv/esea3
12 Frags +

10/10

10/10
14 Frags +

I'm loving it so far. Very professional and cool looking.

I'm loving it so far. Very professional and cool looking.
0 Frags +

tbh i havent seen it or at least havent noticed it. what i do know is i really dislike it on the csgo cam

tbh i havent seen it or at least havent noticed it. what i do know is i really dislike it on the csgo cam
newbie.tf
8 Frags +

god bless tsc i love this

god bless tsc i love this
5 Frags +

I feel like it's really good unless:

1. It bugs due to one of the reasons you listed.
2. Camera switches to the wrong person and the transition happens, and in the middle of it camera switches to someone else (the right person). It feels a bit disorientating then I feel but this is pretty rare.

Nice work tsc.

I feel like it's really good unless:

1. It bugs due to one of the reasons you listed.
2. Camera switches to the wrong person and the transition happens, and in the middle of it camera switches to someone else (the right person). It feels a bit disorientating then I feel but this is pretty rare.

Nice work tsc.
7 Frags +

it looks amazing when it goes from the medic behind the pocket to the pocket as they walk though choke. But when it bugs out it obviously looks pretty bad

it looks amazing when it goes from the medic behind the pocket to the pocket as they walk though choke. But when it bugs out it obviously looks pretty bad
5 Frags +

I definitely enjoy this feature, I think it looks great! Kudos to TSC for implementing this function! :D

I definitely enjoy this feature, I think it looks great! Kudos to TSC for implementing this function! :D
3 Frags +
DavidTheWinThe only issues we know of so far are occasional viewmodel issues until the viewmodel animation changes i.e. reload/shooting/change weapon etc.

As far as I know that got (very messily) fixed with the version I hacked together last night. The algorithm is far from perfect (and may never be as good as CS:GO's since I wrote it from scratch), but I think it can get better if the situations where switches are happening that shouldn't be are identified more clearly.

[quote=DavidTheWin]The only issues we know of so far are occasional viewmodel issues until the viewmodel animation changes i.e. reload/shooting/change weapon etc.[/quote]
As far as I know that got (very messily) fixed with the version I hacked together last night. The algorithm is far from perfect (and may never be as good as CS:GO's since I wrote it from scratch), but I think it can get better if the situations where switches are happening that shouldn't be are identified more clearly.
4 Frags +

I like it, but it's jarring when you switch over and over again. The old transition was really simple

I like it, but it's jarring when you switch over and over again. The old transition was really simple
4 Frags +

I can understand why this is a nice feature but personally it's been giving me motion sickness

I can understand why this is a nice feature but personally it's been giving me motion sickness
newbie.tf
5 Frags +

For me personally, after watching all day:

In the perfect situation, this looks ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE and really adds to the viewing experience.
In the worst situation, it's still pretty decent looking. The few okay-ish zooms are worth the amazing stuff (like medic or demo -> pocket during ubers).

For me personally, after watching all day:

In the perfect situation, this looks ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE and really adds to the viewing experience.
In the worst situation, it's still pretty decent looking. The few okay-ish zooms are worth the amazing stuff (like medic or demo -> pocket during ubers).
3 Frags +

Really enjoying it.

Really enjoying it.
4 Frags +

The first couple times I saw it, I almost thought there was either some lag going on or someone was speedhacking... lol

It takes some getting used to I guess... Personally I don't really mind either way, I guess I might slightly prefer the old transition method.

But either way, I quite enjoy watching most of the invite matches.

The first couple times I saw it, I almost thought there was either some lag going on or someone was speedhacking... lol

It takes some getting used to I guess... Personally I don't really mind either way, I guess I might slightly prefer the old transition method.

But either way, I quite enjoy watching most of the invite matches.
0 Frags +

it's decent and nice to see you still implementing features tsc :)

i'm not subject to motion sickness, though i don't think it improved my viewing quality. I mean, all your cameramen already do the perfect switches to not miss on any action and this is incredible enough for me

it's decent and nice to see you still implementing features tsc :)

i'm not subject to motion sickness, though i don't think it improved my viewing quality. I mean, all your cameramen already do the perfect switches to not miss on any action and this is incredible enough for me
1 Frags +

A couple of times it was distracting when there were multiple transitions from player to player within a short period of time but besides that it was really cool.

A couple of times it was distracting when there were multiple transitions from player to player within a short period of time but besides that it was really cool.
1 Frags +

yeah, I think its great!

yeah, I think its great!
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.