Upvote Upvoted 23 Downvote Downvoted
GXL/WCRV?
0 Frags +

Are either of these LANs happening this year?

I know WCRV isn't very likely, since Lange has completely left TF2. Maybe someone else could organize a similar event either at the same place or even in another city?

Also, both GXL 2013 and 2014 was announced at the beginning of April in their respective years. GXL 2015 hasn't been announced, but they haven't said that it wasn't happening and there's been activity on the GXL Facebook page. We're already halfway through April now.

Are either of these LANs happening this year?

I know WCRV isn't very likely, since Lange has completely left TF2. Maybe someone else could organize a similar event either at the same place or even in another city?

Also, both GXL 2013 and 2014 was announced at the beginning of April in their respective years. GXL 2015 hasn't been announced, but they haven't said that it wasn't happening and there's been activity on the GXL Facebook page. We're already halfway through April now.
20 Frags +

A lot of the Highlander players who went last year want to help make GXL a big enough event again to bring back LAN Highlander PUGs and maybe another tournament. I feel like we could make it happen without the CEVO event if most of the previous attendees will care more about going again to have a great time instead of just going to play the big Invite teams we had last year.

A lot of the Highlander players who went last year want to help make GXL a big enough event again to bring back LAN Highlander PUGs and maybe another tournament. I feel like we could make it happen without the CEVO event if most of the previous attendees will care more about going again to have a great time instead of just going to play the big Invite teams we had last year.
9 Frags +

I'm planning on attending GXL again whether there's a tournament or not, and I know of a few more people who feel the same way. I doubt it will be as huge as it was last year, but I'm sure it can still be a great event.

I'm planning on attending GXL again whether there's a tournament or not, and I know of a few more people who feel the same way. I doubt it will be as huge as it was last year, but I'm sure it can still be a great event.
1 Frags +

I plan on going again, but I might fly this time just because a 9 hour car ride sucks. It was exhausting just getting there and back lol

I plan on going again, but I might fly this time just because a 9 hour car ride sucks. It was exhausting just getting there and back lol
4 Frags +

WCRV is like the only lan anywhere near me, i was hoping for it to happen this year but idk

WCRV is like the only lan anywhere near me, i was hoping for it to happen this year but idk
28 Frags +

i miss lange

i miss lange
1 Frags +
bowswer5A lot of the Highlander players who went last year want to help make GXL a big enough event again to bring back LAN Highlander PUGs and maybe another tournament. I feel like we could make it happen without the CEVO event if most of the previous attendees will care more about going again to have a great time instead of just going to play the big Invite teams we had last year.

I doubt it would be likely, given that the idea was based on the assumption there would be as much support and sponsorship as GXL 2014, but there was a light mention of doing some organized Highlander, given the amount of active Highlander players who showed up.

As much as I'd like to go to a LAN again, I'm not sure if I would go unless there was something organized like the open tournament that was at GXL 2014.

[quote=bowswer5]A lot of the Highlander players who went last year want to help make GXL a big enough event again to bring back LAN Highlander PUGs and maybe another tournament. I feel like we could make it happen without the CEVO event if most of the previous attendees will care more about going again to have a great time instead of just going to play the big Invite teams we had last year.[/quote]

I doubt it would be likely, given that the idea was based on the assumption there would be as much support and sponsorship as GXL 2014, but there was a light mention of doing some organized Highlander, given the amount of active Highlander players who showed up.

As much as I'd like to go to a LAN again, I'm not sure if I would go unless there was something organized like the open tournament that was at GXL 2014.
0 Frags +

Hey, I've never been to a LAN before, is there any list of LANs or a centralized way to find a LAN near you?

Hey, I've never been to a LAN before, is there any list of LANs or a centralized way to find a LAN near you?
0 Frags +
DontHey, I've never been to a LAN before, is there any list of LANs or a centralized way to find a LAN near you?

http://teamfortress.tv/forum/7/upcoming-lans

[quote=Dont]Hey, I've never been to a LAN before, is there any list of LANs or a centralized way to find a LAN near you?[/quote]
http://teamfortress.tv/forum/7/upcoming-lans
10 Frags +

I will try and talk to Lange, see if I can get the contacts he had for the last WCRV, I am about as far from chicago as he was at the time and might be able to set something up.

It would likely be late august/early september though.

I will try and talk to Lange, see if I can get the contacts he had for the last WCRV, I am about as far from chicago as he was at the time and might be able to set something up.

It would likely be late august/early september though.
14 Frags +

Aight, so I talked to Lange, got the email and will be contacting Ignite gaming for some details.

He did ask that we not use the name WCRV because he wanted to save it for something special he is working on :)

Aight, so I talked to Lange, got the email and will be contacting Ignite gaming for some details.

He did ask that we not use the name WCRV because he wanted to save it for something special he is working on :)
6 Frags +
drshdwpuppet did ask that we not use the name WCRV because he wanted to save it for something special he is working on :)

please don't do this to us now I'm getting hyped

[quote=drshdwpuppet] did ask that we not use the name WCRV because he wanted to save it for something special he is working on :)[/quote]
please don't do this to us now I'm getting hyped
5 Frags +

id be down to go to ignite again too. i really miss that one girl there <333 i live close enough to ignite that I could go there and see her whenever I want but its hard to be confident when I dont have my boys by my side :/

id be down to go to ignite again too. i really miss that one girl there <333 i live close enough to ignite that I could go there and see her whenever I want but its hard to be confident when I dont have my boys by my side :/
3 Frags +

I'll attend another Ignite meet up in a second. It was a great group of people over there last time.

I'll attend another Ignite meet up in a second. It was a great group of people over there last time.
3 Frags +

i could probly go to chicago this time around, i dont live far

i could probly go to chicago this time around, i dont live far
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.