Upvote Upvoted 11 Downvote Downvoted
Interest in a mouse info/player profile website?
posted in Off Topic
0 Frags +

Straight to the point: As part of my studies, I'm thinking about creating a website about computer mice (FAQ, popular brands, terminology) combined with "profiles" of players from various FPS games such as CSGO and probably TF2. The profiles would contain information about their gears and settings. Basically those excel sheets but more visually appealing and much broader

It's nothing really special and probably done before to a much larger extent. Either way, would you be interested in such a website? What would make you use it/gauge your interest? It's purely a learning experience for me and non-profit, but it would be nice of course if somebody would actually use it lol

Straight to the point: As part of my studies, I'm thinking about creating a website about computer mice (FAQ, popular brands, terminology) combined with "profiles" of players from various FPS games such as CSGO and probably TF2. The profiles would contain information about their gears and settings. Basically those excel sheets but more visually appealing and much broader

It's nothing really special and probably done before to a much larger extent. Either way, would you be interested in such a website? What would make you use it/gauge your interest? It's purely a learning experience for me and non-profit, but it would be nice of course if somebody would actually use it lol
0 Frags +

are you planning on exporting the data into infographics, or linking the info to people's other community profiles, or something else?

are you planning on exporting the data into infographics, or linking the info to people's other community profiles, or something else?
-1 Frags +

Its a cool idea but i believe it sort of supports that idea of "this pro player uses x in/360 im going to use that" what would be kind of cool is if you could set up a site where pros can review a item from a objective standpoint. Or something along those lines

Gl on your studies :B1:

Its a cool idea but i believe it sort of supports that idea of "this pro player uses x in/360 im going to use that" what would be kind of cool is if you could set up a site where pros can review a item from a objective standpoint. Or something along those lines

2 Frags +
fatswimdudeare you planning on exporting the data into infographics, or linking the info to people's other community profiles, or something else?

I'll link steam profiles if they are available, data into visual charts instead of tables might b cool since ive never done that before

kounterpartsIts a cool idea but i believe it sort of supports that idea of "this pro player uses x in/360 im going to use that" what would be kind of cool is if you could set up a site where pros can review a item from a objective standpoint. Or something along those lines

thank you! I agree that people who blatantly copy pro player settings like resolution (cause 840x724 black bars stretched makes you play better !1!1!) are annoying but it's hard to deny people are interested in what good players are using as far as sens goes

[quote=fatswimdude]are you planning on exporting the data into infographics, or linking the info to people's other community profiles, or something else?[/quote]
I'll link steam profiles if they are available, data into visual charts instead of tables might b cool since ive never done that before
[quote=kounterparts]Its a cool idea but i believe it sort of supports that idea of "this pro player uses x in/360 im going to use that" what would be kind of cool is if you could set up a site where pros can review a item from a objective standpoint. Or something along those lines

Gl on your studies :B1:[/quote]
thank you! I agree that people who blatantly copy pro player settings like resolution (cause 840x724 black bars stretched makes you play better !1!1!) are annoying but it's hard to deny people are interested in what good players are using as far as sens goes
0 Frags +

please do it, that'd be really great. I'm gonna grab a zowie over the summer but I'm not sure which one I should go for

please do it, that'd be really great. I'm gonna grab a zowie over the summer but I'm not sure which one I should go for
0 Frags +

If you follow through, you might not want to use whatever info was on the previous invite player sens survey as I'm sure that's outdated by now.

If you follow through, you might not want to use whatever info was on the previous invite player sens survey as I'm sure that's outdated by now.
-1 Frags +
PhunkIf you follow through, you might not want to use whatever info was on the previous invite player sens survey as I'm sure that's outdated by now.

To be honest I'll probably do CSGO first, TF2 second
A lot of people here might not like that choice but it's hard to deny that cs players are better known and information about their settings is a lot easier to obtain

[quote=Phunk]If you follow through, you might not want to use whatever info was on the previous invite player sens survey as I'm sure that's outdated by now.[/quote]
To be honest I'll probably do CSGO first, TF2 second
A lot of people here might not like that choice but it's hard to deny that cs players are better known and information about their settings is a lot easier to obtain
3 Frags +

Some news: My mentor who watches over what projects we do during the year for our portfolio adviced against doing this right now. I definitely plan on doing this, but for now it will have to wait until late June/early July.

Some news: My mentor who watches over what projects we do during the year for our portfolio adviced against doing this [i]right now[/i]. I definitely plan on doing this, but for now it will have to wait until late June/early July.
-2 Frags +

the thing is people should stop copying "pro gamers" they should stop buying a mouse only because a pro gamer uses it, and this doesn't goes only for mice, if you want to create something that regroups every info about best mice, i believe would be a good idea, but please, don't talk about pro gamers

the thing is people should stop copying "pro gamers" they should stop buying a mouse only because a pro gamer uses it, and this doesn't goes only for mice, if you want to create something that regroups every info about best mice, i believe would be a good idea, but please, don't talk about pro gamers
0 Frags +
rock-the thing is people should stop copying "pro gamers" they should stop buying a mouse only because a pro gamer uses it, and this doesn't goes only for mice, if you want to create something that regroups every info about best mice, i believe would be a good idea, but please, don't talk about pro gamers

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZzbKDmFOqsP_ut2RdctD01OEbZzbXol6HLwqVkSmZcg/edit?usp=docslist_api god tier

[quote=rock-]the thing is people should stop copying "pro gamers" they should stop buying a mouse only because a pro gamer uses it, and this doesn't goes only for mice, if you want to create something that regroups every info about best mice, i believe would be a good idea, but please, don't talk about pro gamers[/quote] https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZzbKDmFOqsP_ut2RdctD01OEbZzbXol6HLwqVkSmZcg/edit?usp=docslist_api god tier
3 Frags +
kounterpartsrock-the thing is people should stop copying "pro gamers" they should stop buying a mouse only because a pro gamer uses it, and this doesn't goes only for mice, if you want to create something that regroups every info about best mice, i believe would be a good idea, but please, don't talk about pro gamers https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZzbKDmFOqsP_ut2RdctD01OEbZzbXol6HLwqVkSmZcg/edit?usp=docslist_api god tier

outdated, there are lots of new good mouses.

[quote=kounterparts][quote=rock-]the thing is people should stop copying "pro gamers" they should stop buying a mouse only because a pro gamer uses it, and this doesn't goes only for mice, if you want to create something that regroups every info about best mice, i believe would be a good idea, but please, don't talk about pro gamers[/quote] https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZzbKDmFOqsP_ut2RdctD01OEbZzbXol6HLwqVkSmZcg/edit?usp=docslist_api god tier[/quote]
outdated, there are lots of new good mouses.
-2 Frags +
Forsak3nkounterpartsrock-the thing is people should stop copying "pro gamers" they should stop buying a mouse only because a pro gamer uses it, and this doesn't goes only for mice, if you want to create something that regroups every info about best mice, i believe would be a good idea, but please, don't talk about pro gamers https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZzbKDmFOqsP_ut2RdctD01OEbZzbXol6HLwqVkSmZcg/edit?usp=docslist_api god tieroutdated, there are lots of new good mouses.
[quote=Forsak3n][quote=kounterparts][quote=rock-]the thing is people should stop copying "pro gamers" they should stop buying a mouse only because a pro gamer uses it, and this doesn't goes only for mice, if you want to create something that regroups every info about best mice, i believe would be a good idea, but please, don't talk about pro gamers[/quote] https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZzbKDmFOqsP_ut2RdctD01OEbZzbXol6HLwqVkSmZcg/edit?usp=docslist_api god tier[/quote]
outdated, there are lots of new good mouses.[/quote]
2 Frags +
Forsak3nkounterpartsrock-the thing is people should stop copying "pro gamers" they should stop buying a mouse only because a pro gamer uses it, and this doesn't goes only for mice, if you want to create something that regroups every info about best mice, i believe would be a good idea, but please, don't talk about pro gamers https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZzbKDmFOqsP_ut2RdctD01OEbZzbXol6HLwqVkSmZcg/edit?usp=docslist_api god tieroutdated, there are lots of new good mouses.

Yup, and tons of contradictions and misinformed facts

[quote=Forsak3n][quote=kounterparts][quote=rock-]the thing is people should stop copying "pro gamers" they should stop buying a mouse only because a pro gamer uses it, and this doesn't goes only for mice, if you want to create something that regroups every info about best mice, i believe would be a good idea, but please, don't talk about pro gamers[/quote] https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZzbKDmFOqsP_ut2RdctD01OEbZzbXol6HLwqVkSmZcg/edit?usp=docslist_api god tier[/quote]
Yup, and tons of contradictions and misinformed facts
2 Frags +
CondoMForsak3nkounterpartsrock-the thing is people should stop copying "pro gamers" they should stop buying a mouse only because a pro gamer uses it, and this doesn't goes only for mice, if you want to create something that regroups every info about best mice, i believe would be a good idea, but please, don't talk about pro gamers https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZzbKDmFOqsP_ut2RdctD01OEbZzbXol6HLwqVkSmZcg/edit?usp=docslist_api god tieroutdated, there are lots of new good mouses.Yup, and tons of contradictions and misinformed facts

Can confirm

G400 has the wrong sensor in that list, weighs 104g : Max tracking speed I have for it is about 4.2m/s on a QCK Heavy
G400s weighs 109g, and doesn't have the SROM smoothing at 400/800 DPI : Max tracking is about 4.7m/s on a QCK Heavy
Zowie FK 2300 DPI has jitter, 500Hz works best, and 450 dpi does feel weird so maybe added lag not sure though

the max speed testing of all those mice is fucking stupid as they use different mouse pads ranging from cloth to plastic to aluminum i.e. most mice are tested on a random surface and their's no uniformity whatsoever in the testing.
^same thing as this except with the LOD testing

[quote=CondoM][quote=Forsak3n][quote=kounterparts][quote=rock-]the thing is people should stop copying "pro gamers" they should stop buying a mouse only because a pro gamer uses it, and this doesn't goes only for mice, if you want to create something that regroups every info about best mice, i believe would be a good idea, but please, don't talk about pro gamers[/quote] https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZzbKDmFOqsP_ut2RdctD01OEbZzbXol6HLwqVkSmZcg/edit?usp=docslist_api god tier[/quote]
Yup, and tons of contradictions and misinformed facts[/quote]

Can confirm

G400 has the wrong sensor in that list, weighs 104g : Max tracking speed I have for it is about 4.2m/s on a QCK Heavy
G400s weighs 109g, and doesn't have the SROM smoothing at 400/800 DPI : Max tracking is about 4.7m/s on a QCK Heavy
Zowie FK 2300 DPI has jitter, 500Hz works best, and 450 dpi does feel weird so maybe added lag not sure though

the max speed testing of all those mice is fucking stupid as they use different mouse pads ranging from cloth to plastic to aluminum i.e. most mice are tested on a random surface and their's no uniformity whatsoever in the testing.
0 Frags +
ComangliaCondoMForsak3nkounterpartsrock-the thing is people should stop copying "pro gamers" they should stop buying a mouse only because a pro gamer uses it, and this doesn't goes only for mice, if you want to create something that regroups every info about best mice, i believe would be a good idea, but please, don't talk about pro gamers https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZzbKDmFOqsP_ut2RdctD01OEbZzbXol6HLwqVkSmZcg/edit?usp=docslist_api god tieroutdated, there are lots of new good mouses.Yup, and tons of contradictions and misinformed facts
Can confirm

Also any mice that have a braided /nylon cable cover should be have a comment stating that, my g400 died within 7 months due to wear and tear on an edge

[quote=Comanglia][quote=CondoM][quote=Forsak3n][quote=kounterparts][quote=rock-]the thing is people should stop copying "pro gamers" they should stop buying a mouse only because a pro gamer uses it, and this doesn't goes only for mice, if you want to create something that regroups every info about best mice, i believe would be a good idea, but please, don't talk about pro gamers[/quote] https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZzbKDmFOqsP_ut2RdctD01OEbZzbXol6HLwqVkSmZcg/edit?usp=docslist_api god tier[/quote]
Yup, and tons of contradictions and misinformed facts[/quote]

Can confirm

^same thing as this except with the LOD testing[/quote]

Also any mice that have a braided /nylon cable cover should be have a comment stating that, my g400 died within 7 months due to wear and tear on an edge
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.