Upvote Upvoted 1 Downvote Downvoted
Realtek issue
posted in Hardware
0 Frags +

Just to preface this, I haven't done anything out of the ordinary and this is a new (at most, a month old) PC.

As of a few days ago, when I plug my mic, Realtek goes nuts and constantly tells me that I have plugged in and unplugged something. I know I can disable this notification through the software itself, but the notifications aren't the issue. The issue is that my mic enables and disables along with the notifications. "You have plugged in your mic" = My mic works, "You have unplugged your mic" = my mic doesn't work. This is when I plug it into the front panel jack. Unfortunately, I have a bunch of cheap as fuck clip-on mics that have a short cable and with the way I'm set up, I can't use the back panel for my mic.

I've tried looking up this issue and the solutions, but everything I've come across just says to disable the notifications, which only solves the smaller part of my issue.

Just to preface this, I haven't done anything out of the ordinary and this is a new (at most, a month old) PC.

As of a few days ago, when I plug my mic, Realtek goes nuts and constantly tells me that I have plugged in and unplugged something. I know I can disable this notification through the software itself, but the notifications aren't the issue. The issue is that my mic enables and disables along with the notifications. "You have plugged in your mic" = My mic works, "You have unplugged your mic" = my mic doesn't work. This is when I plug it into the front panel jack. Unfortunately, I have a bunch of cheap as fuck clip-on mics that have a short cable and with the way I'm set up, I can't use the back panel for my mic.

I've tried looking up this issue and the solutions, but everything I've come across just says to disable the notifications, which only solves the smaller part of my issue.
0 Frags +

Did you tried with another microphone to see if it does the same thing? If it does the same thing, try to reinstall the audio driver and see if it helps. If not, mayble your microphone jack/wire is broken.

Did you tried with another microphone to see if it does the same thing? If it does the same thing, try to reinstall the audio driver and see if it helps. If not, mayble your microphone jack/wire is broken.
0 Frags +

Oddily enough, I tried another of the same type of mic and I got nothing but a screeching feedback and still do from that specific one. I have no other mics to try.

Oddily enough, I tried another of the same type of mic and I got nothing but a screeching feedback and still do from that specific one. I have no other mics to try.
0 Frags +
kirbyOddily enough, I tried another of the same type of mic and I got nothing but a screeching feedback and still do from that specific one. I have no other mics to try.

That's odd. I can't exactly tell you your issue, but it could be one of the following :

- Broken sound card

- Outdated/corrupted audio driver

- Broken microphone jack/wire

Hope that helps.

[quote=kirby]Oddily enough, I tried another of the same type of mic and I got nothing but a screeching feedback and still do from that specific one. I have no other mics to try.[/quote]

That's odd. I can't exactly tell you your issue, but it could be one of the following :
[list]
- Broken sound card

- Outdated/corrupted audio driver

- Broken microphone jack/wire
[/list]

Hope that helps.
0 Frags +

I'll have to try whatever fix I can find for each of those possibilities when I'm in more of a state to do so. Thanks for helping!

I'll have to try whatever fix I can find for each of those possibilities when I'm in more of a state to do so. Thanks for helping!
0 Frags +

Write down which card you have, or what software you have.
Uninstall the program. (and the driver)
(ignore next step if onboard)
Turn off computer and make sure your sound card is properly inserted and doesn't have any noticeable damage.

Check the cable port, make sure it's free of any debris.
Reinstall whatever software/drivers are needed.
Come back after you've done those and tell me if it's there.

Write down which card you have, or what software you have.
Uninstall the program. (and the driver)
(ignore next step if onboard)
Turn off computer and make sure your sound card is properly inserted and doesn't have any noticeable damage.

Check the cable port, make sure it's free of any debris.
Reinstall whatever software/drivers are needed.
Come back after you've done those and tell me if it's there.
2 Frags +

ok as an expert realtek debugger go into the realtek hd audio manager, click the settings gear in the top right and click "separate all input jacks as independent devices" and "make front and rear panels two different audio streams simultaneously"

then go into windows audio devices by right clicking the speaker icon on your taskbar, go to recording devices, right click your mic, go to properties, go to the last tab, and uncheck "give applications exclusive whatever"

if this doesnt work you got issues with the cable/inputjack

ok as an expert realtek debugger go into the realtek hd audio manager, click the settings gear in the top right and click "separate all input jacks as independent devices" and "make front and rear panels two different audio streams simultaneously"

then go into windows audio devices by right clicking the speaker icon on your taskbar, go to recording devices, right click your mic, go to properties, go to the last tab, and uncheck "give applications exclusive whatever"

if this doesnt work you got issues with the cable/inputjack
0 Frags +

Okay, so I managed to stop the loop of plugging in/unplugging my mic that Realtek thought I was doing, but now I can just say whatever into my mic and hear it through my speakers/headphones. I've disabled listen and tried just disabling stuff through my playback/recording devices and nothing stops this from happening.

· · · – – – · · ·

Okay, so I managed to stop the loop of plugging in/unplugging my mic that Realtek thought I was doing, but now I can just say whatever into my mic and hear it through my speakers/headphones. I've disabled listen and tried just disabling stuff through my playback/recording devices and nothing stops this from happening.

· · · – – – · · ·
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.