Upvote Upvoted 1 Downvote Downvoted
Freezing and Timing out v2
posted in Customization
0 Frags +

After having my initial question about sniper zoom sensitivity answered in this thread: http://teamfortress.tv/thread/24546/freezing-and-timing-out i am experiencing freezing, stuttering, sound-looping and after some time i time out in both TF2 and CS:GO, leading me to believe this is a source-engine related problem. I would really appreciate some help in this matter, as if it is resolved, it could help many other players with similar issues.
I have tried reinstalling steam, reinstalling tf2, running tf2 without scripts / mods, unblocking all possible tf2 ports on my router, uninstalling my antivirus and antimalware (in safe mode with internet unplugged ofc) and verifying game cache (on both tf2 and cs:go). I would appreciate some advice on the issue at hand.

EDIT 1:
I am using graphics configs but even when i remove them the problem persists.

My specs are a 5820K @ 4ghz, gtx 970 @ 1455mhz core and 7500mhz mem, 16GB DDR4 ram, x99 ud5, MX100 512GB(the rest are unimportant i suppose).

I have reinstalled both games and steam on separate occasions as well as trying backed up versions.

I am running all my games on an SSD (MX100 512GB) but have tried running tf2 on my WD 2TB Green.

EDIT 2: Made a short clip of the problem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=117F4R9ctE0&feature=youtu.be (note, in the first 2 seconds there is also some freezing and lagging, just not so obvious)

Update 1: I am also getting "CD Authentication error" occasionally. I also get the "game is in insecure mode" error some times.

Thank you,
TeaX

After having my initial question about sniper zoom sensitivity answered in this thread: http://teamfortress.tv/thread/24546/freezing-and-timing-out i am experiencing freezing, stuttering, sound-looping and after some time i time out in both TF2 and CS:GO, leading me to believe this is a source-engine related problem. I would really appreciate some help in this matter, as if it is resolved, it could help many other players with similar issues.
I have tried reinstalling steam, reinstalling tf2, running tf2 without scripts / mods, unblocking all possible tf2 ports on my router, uninstalling my antivirus and antimalware (in safe mode with internet unplugged ofc) and verifying game cache (on both tf2 and cs:go). I would appreciate some advice on the issue at hand.

EDIT 1:

My specs are a 5820K @ 4ghz, gtx 970 @ 1455mhz core and 7500mhz mem, 16GB DDR4 ram, x99 ud5, MX100 512GB(the rest are unimportant i suppose).

I have reinstalled both games and steam on separate occasions as well as trying backed up versions.

I am running all my games on an SSD (MX100 512GB) but have tried running tf2 on my WD 2TB Green.

EDIT 2: Made a short clip of the problem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=117F4R9ctE0&feature=youtu.be (note, in the first 2 seconds there is also some freezing and lagging, just not so obvious)

Update 1: I am also getting "CD Authentication error" occasionally. I also get the "game is in insecure mode" error some times.

Thank you,
TeaX
0 Frags +
HaXorAfter having my initial question about sniper zoom sensitivity answered in this thread: http://teamfortress.tv/thread/24546/freezing-and-timing-out i am experiencing freezing, stuttering, sound-looping and after some time i time out in both TF2 and CS:GO, leading me to believe this is a source-engine related problem. I would really appreciate some help in this matter, as if it is resolved, it could help many other players with similar issues.

Thank you,
TeaX

Are you using any Graphics configs for either TF2 or CSGO?

What kind of PC specs do you have?

Have you tried reinstalling either or both games?

Are your games installed on a HDD or a SSD?

[quote=HaXor]After having my initial question about sniper zoom sensitivity answered in this thread: http://teamfortress.tv/thread/24546/freezing-and-timing-out i am experiencing freezing, stuttering, sound-looping and after some time i time out in both TF2 and CS:GO, leading me to believe this is a source-engine related problem. I would really appreciate some help in this matter, as if it is resolved, it could help many other players with similar issues.

Thank you,
TeaX[/quote]

0 Frags +
Comanglia

Sorry for not including those in the initial post. I will do so now.

I have reinstalled both games and steam on separate occasions.

I am running all my games on an SSD (MX100 512GB) but i have tried running tf2 on my WD 2TB Green.

I'd also like to mention that this happened to me about 6 months ago but at that time i was moving from windows 7 to 8.1 so i had to do a clean install of the OS anyway and the problem disappeared.

[quote=Comanglia]

Are your games installed on a HDD or a SSD?[/quote]

Sorry for not including those in the initial post. I will do so now.

I have reinstalled both games and steam on separate occasions.

I am running all my games on an SSD (MX100 512GB) but i have tried running tf2 on my WD 2TB Green.

I'd also like to mention that this happened to me about 6 months ago but at that time i was moving from windows 7 to 8.1 so i had to do a clean install of the OS anyway and the problem disappeared.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.