Upvote Upvoted 1 Downvote Downvoted
Weird mic problem
posted in Hardware
0 Frags +

Hey all,

So for the past ~2 months or so I've been having this random issue with my mic. Sometimes it will just out of nowhere start sounding tinny and far away for no reason. When it doesn't happen it works perfectly. The only time I can tell it's doing it is when I go into my mumble audio wizard:

http://puu.sh/hs4Ca/27e5c6deb1.png

It will show a constant sound bar like there is some sort of feedback. The only way i have found to fix it is to just leave my comp sleeping/off for about an hour, and then it'll go back to normal, but obviously that isn't an optimal solution. Anyone have any ideas?

Hey all,

So for the past ~2 months or so I've been having this random issue with my mic. Sometimes it will just out of nowhere start sounding tinny and far away for no reason. When it doesn't happen it works perfectly. The only time I can tell it's doing it is when I go into my mumble audio wizard:

[img]http://puu.sh/hs4Ca/27e5c6deb1.png[/img]

It will show a constant sound bar like there is some sort of feedback. The only way i have found to fix it is to just leave my comp sleeping/off for about an hour, and then it'll go back to normal, but obviously that isn't an optimal solution. Anyone have any ideas?
newbie.tf
1 Frags +

Will the constant sound be there if you use a recording program such as "Sound Recorder" or "Audacity"?

Have you tried "Listening to this device"?

Is this a line-in mic or a usb mic?

Will the constant sound be there if you use a recording program such as "Sound Recorder" or "Audacity"?

Have you tried "Listening to this device"?

Is this a line-in mic or a usb mic?
0 Frags +

This is a line-in mic.

I don't have it installed currently but I did a recording with OBS when it was happening and there was some feedback noise.

When I enable "listen to this device" there is a constant feedback noise.

This is a line-in mic.

I don't have it installed currently but I did a recording with OBS when it was happening and there was some feedback noise.

When I enable "listen to this device" there is a constant feedback noise.
newbie.tf
1 Frags +

Is the feedback there if there is no mic plugged in? What about a different mic (or a line cord or something)?

Is the feedback there if there is no mic plugged in? What about a different mic (or a line cord or something)?
-1 Frags +

I just saw this, sorry. This is the only mic I have, so I can't test another. I'm going to test it on my other computer though and see if the feedback is still there.

Just tried it on another computer, and it's still there. Probably just gonna buy another, it only costed 20 bucks and lasted me more than 2 years.

I just saw this, sorry. This is the only mic I have, so I can't test another. I'm going to test it on my other computer though and see if the feedback is still there.

Just tried it on another computer, and it's still there. Probably just gonna buy another, it only costed 20 bucks and lasted me more than 2 years.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.