Upvote Upvoted 1 Downvote Downvoted
Some Questions
0 Frags +

I would like to have a max quality config to play with, but the Chris's cfgs are no longer updated. Do they still work fine, and if not, is there any place where I can find an updated alternative?

How do I go about setting up MGE and Surf private servers that I can use on LAN?

I would like to have a max quality config to play with, but the Chris's cfgs are no longer updated. Do they still work fine, and if not, is there any place where I can find an updated alternative?

How do I go about setting up MGE and Surf private servers that I can use on LAN?
0 Frags +

Chris' configs work fine but I prefer comanglia configs now

MGE servers are easy to set up. Google tf2 mge install and you'll find a step by step guide. Essentially you're going to be dragging a bunch of folders into your server's tf2 folder to install metamod, sourcemod, then mge proper.

I don't think the resurfed surf config with the improved timer is publicly available but I'm pretty sure the old surfit configs are out on the web. They'll at least let you function on surf maps.

Sorry to be so vague. I'm on mobile and I just got off work so I don't want to deal with pasting links right now. If nobody has given more specifics in a couple hours I'll try to do the googling for you.

Chris' configs work fine but I prefer comanglia configs now

MGE servers are easy to set up. Google tf2 mge install and you'll find a step by step guide. Essentially you're going to be dragging a bunch of folders into your server's tf2 folder to install metamod, sourcemod, then mge proper.

I don't think the resurfed surf config with the improved timer is publicly available but I'm pretty sure the old surfit configs are out on the web. They'll at least let you function on surf maps.

Sorry to be so vague. I'm on mobile and I just got off work so I don't want to deal with pasting links right now. If nobody has given more specifics in a couple hours I'll try to do the googling for you.
-1 Frags +

Comanglia, Rhapsody, and stabby all have recently updated configs IIRC.

As for surf/MGE, you could make a private instance through console (map jump_beef or what have you) but doing that for MGE wouldn't work because nobody would be able to connect

Comanglia, Rhapsody, and stabby all have recently updated configs IIRC.

As for surf/MGE, you could make a private instance through console (map jump_beef or what have you) but doing that for MGE wouldn't work because nobody would be able to connect
2 Frags +
brooky12Comanglia, Rhapsody, and stabby all have recently updated configs IIRC.

see no but the issue is its a sourcemod plugin

also im looking for a max quality config

i might just swipe whatever lawena uses if I can find it

[quote=brooky12]Comanglia, Rhapsody, and stabby all have recently updated configs IIRC.

As for surf/MGE, you could make a private instance through console (map jump_beef or what have you) but doing that for MGE wouldn't work because nobody would be able to connect[/quote]

see no but the issue is its a sourcemod plugin

also im looking for a [b]max quality[/b] config

i might just swipe whatever lawena uses if I can find it
1 Frags +

Maxquality cfg works fine, as for the MGE/Surf, you need to download a dedicated server using SteamCMD to have them work, then metamod, sourcemod and finally the plugins, you'll learn it, don't worry

Maxquality cfg works fine, as for the MGE/Surf, you need to download a dedicated server using [url=https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SteamCMD]SteamCMD[/url] to have them work, then metamod, sourcemod and finally the plugins, you'll learn it, don't worry
0 Frags +

You can also join a surf server and then host a local server (typing map surf_utopia or whatever). Timer and bhop won't work though.

You can also join a surf server and then host a local server (typing map surf_utopia or whatever). Timer and bhop won't work though.
-1 Frags +
bearodactylYou can also join a surf server and then host a local server (typing map surf_utopia or whatever). Timer and bhop won't work though.

surf servers dont work on stock locally because you cant change sv_airaccelerate

[quote=bearodactyl]You can also join a surf server and then host a local server (typing map surf_utopia or whatever). Timer and bhop won't work though.[/quote]
surf servers dont work on stock locally because you cant change sv_airaccelerate
1 Frags +
kounterpartsbearodactylYou can also join a surf server and then host a local server (typing map surf_utopia or whatever). Timer and bhop won't work though.surf servers dont work on stock locally because you cant change sv_airaccelerate

The settings changed by a sourcemod plugin (eg sv_airaccelerate) are not reset when you load a map locally from a server, hence it does work.

[quote=kounterparts][quote=bearodactyl]You can also join a surf server and then host a local server (typing map surf_utopia or whatever). Timer and bhop won't work though.[/quote]
surf servers dont work on stock locally because you cant change sv_airaccelerate[/quote]
The settings changed by a sourcemod plugin (eg sv_airaccelerate) are not reset when you load a map locally from a server, hence it does work.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.