Upvote Upvoted 7 Downvote Downvoted
1 2
SoapDM Map Support
0 Frags +

Are there any maps that you guys want to have SoapDM support in? I'm trying to keep SoapDM up to date since Lange isn't involved with TF2 much anymore.

Currently supported maps:
https://github.com/Lange/SOAP-TF2DM/tree/master/addons/sourcemod/configs/soap

Maps finished and pushed:

cp_steel
cp_granary_pro_b4
pl_borneo_rc4
cp_glassworks_rc4a
koth_sandstone_pro_rc1

Maps I've finished but haven't pushed yet:

none

Todo:

pl_badwater_pro (waiting on link)
cp_croissant (not needed?)
Are there any maps that you guys want to have SoapDM support in? I'm trying to keep SoapDM up to date since Lange isn't involved with TF2 much anymore.

Currently supported maps:
https://github.com/Lange/SOAP-TF2DM/tree/master/addons/sourcemod/configs/soap

Maps finished and pushed:
[quote]cp_steel
cp_granary_pro_b4
pl_borneo_rc4
cp_glassworks_rc4a
koth_sandstone_pro_rc1[/quote]

Maps I've finished but haven't pushed yet:
[quote]none[/quote]

Todo:
[quote]
pl_badwater_pro (waiting on link)
cp_croissant (not needed?)[/quote]
1 Frags +

why steel

why steel
6 Frags +

cp_croissant, cp_glassworks, koth_sandstone

yttrium I'm trying to keep SoapDM up to date since Lange isn't involved with TF2 much anymore.

A true disciple

Show Content
also don't add steel please that'd be really horrible
cp_croissant, cp_glassworks, koth_sandstone

[quote=yttrium] I'm trying to keep SoapDM up to date since Lange isn't involved with TF2 much anymore.[/quote]
A true disciple

[spoiler]also don't add steel please that'd be really horrible[/spoiler]
2 Frags +

If you're doing highlander maps ;
Swiftwater
Upward
Badwater pro?

You would need to focus the spawns around 1-2 points for PL maps because of how big they are.

If you're doing highlander maps ;
Swiftwater
Upward
Badwater pro?

You would need to focus the spawns around 1-2 points for PL maps because of how big they are.
0 Frags +

Logjam boysss

Logjam boysss
2 Frags +
THEBILLDOZERwhy steel

because for some fucking reason it's still in the UGC HL map pool

GiraffeIf you're doing highlander maps ;
Swiftwater
Upward
Badwater pro?

Swiftwater and Upward have support. Do you have a badwater pro download?

I've been doing that, and likewise for Steel. Steel's spawns are focused around last, Borneo's will be focused around first and second.

[quote=THEBILLDOZER]why steel[/quote]
because for some fucking reason it's still in the UGC HL map pool

[quote=Giraffe]If you're doing highlander maps ;
Swiftwater
Upward
Badwater pro?

You would need to focus the spawns around 1-2 points for PL maps because of how big they are.[/quote]
Swiftwater and Upward have support. Do you have a badwater pro download?

I've been doing that, and likewise for Steel. Steel's spawns are focused around last, Borneo's will be focused around first and second.
0 Frags +
THEBILLDOZERwhy steel

Where would the spawns even be?

omnificcp_croissant, cp_glassworks, koth_sandstone

Seconding these + where would you dm on borneo?

Where would the spawns even be?
[quote=omnific]cp_croissant, cp_glassworks, koth_sandstone[/quote]
Seconding these + where would you dm on borneo?
1 Frags +

Just another thing, does anyone know dm servers that run anything beyond the usual cp_badlands, cp_freight, cp_granary, cp_gravelpit, cp_gullywash, cp_metalworks, cp_process, cp_snakewater, cp_sunshine, koth_pro_viaduct, and koth_coalplant? I always join off of the servers in the server section on tf.tv, are those the only dm servers out there?

Just another thing, does anyone know dm servers that run anything beyond the usual cp_badlands, cp_freight, cp_granary, cp_gravelpit, cp_gullywash, cp_metalworks, cp_process, cp_snakewater, cp_sunshine, koth_pro_viaduct, and koth_coalplant? I always join off of the servers in the server section on tf.tv, are those the only dm servers out there?
6 Frags +

lol apparently LaMqTa beat me to adding some of these but I'll still commit what new ones I have

parkWhere would the spawns even be?

last

omnificSeconding these + where would you dm on borneo?

first and second

kounterpartsLogjam boysss

cp_logjam_b20_pre2 is supported as of 21 hours ago

omnificJust another thing, does anyone know dm servers that run anything beyond the usual cp_badlands, cp_freight, cp_granary, cp_gravelpit, cp_gullywash, cp_metalworks, cp_process, cp_snakewater, cp_sunshine, koth_pro_viaduct, and koth_coalplant? I always join off of the servers in the server section on tf.tv, are those the only dm servers out there?

if you're talking about MGE, MGE actually has a custom map that has chunks of other maps pasted into it, and that's how it achieves multiple maps. The custom map would have to be updated to support other locations.

THEBILLDOZERwhy steel

oh and also, because that way HL scrubs can have a little bit of fun on that map during the pregame. they sure as fuck won't be having fun during the match

lol apparently LaMqTa beat me to adding some of these but I'll still commit what new ones I have

[quote=park]Where would the spawns even be?[/quote]
last

[quote=omnific]Seconding these + where would you dm on borneo?[/quote]
first and second

[quote=kounterparts]Logjam boysss[/quote]
cp_logjam_b20_pre2 is supported as of 21 hours ago

[quote=omnific]Just another thing, does anyone know dm servers that run anything beyond the usual cp_badlands, cp_freight, cp_granary, cp_gravelpit, cp_gullywash, cp_metalworks, cp_process, cp_snakewater, cp_sunshine, koth_pro_viaduct, and koth_coalplant? I always join off of the servers in the server section on tf.tv, are those the only dm servers out there?[/quote]
if you're talking about MGE, MGE actually has a custom map that has chunks of other maps pasted into it, and that's how it achieves multiple maps. The custom map would have to be updated to support other locations.

oh and also, because that way HL scrubs can have a little bit of fun on that map during the pregame. they sure as fuck won't be having fun during the match
2 Frags +
yttriumomnificJust another thing, does anyone know dm servers that run anything beyond the usual cp_badlands, cp_freight, cp_granary, cp_gravelpit, cp_gullywash, cp_metalworks, cp_process, cp_snakewater, cp_sunshine, koth_pro_viaduct, and koth_coalplant? I always join off of the servers in the server section on tf.tv, are those the only dm servers out there?if you're talking about MGE, MGE actually has a custom map that has chunks of other maps pasted into it, and that's how it achieves multiple maps. The custom map would have to be updated to support other locations.

No I'm not talking about MGE. I mean the servers only really run a rotation of those maps, I've never seen logjam or any other maps like it on a soapdm server

[quote=yttrium][quote=omnific]Just another thing, does anyone know dm servers that run anything beyond the usual cp_badlands, cp_freight, cp_granary, cp_gravelpit, cp_gullywash, cp_metalworks, cp_process, cp_snakewater, cp_sunshine, koth_pro_viaduct, and koth_coalplant? I always join off of the servers in the server section on tf.tv, are those the only dm servers out there?[/quote]
if you're talking about MGE, MGE actually has a custom map that has chunks of other maps pasted into it, and that's how it achieves multiple maps. The custom map would have to be updated to support other locations.[/quote]

No I'm not talking about MGE. I mean the servers only really run a rotation of those maps, I've never seen logjam or any other maps like it on a soapdm server
3 Frags +
yttriumoh and also, because that way HL scrubs can have a little bit of fun on that map during the pregame. they sure as fuck won't be having fun during the match

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

[quote=yttrium]
oh and also, because that way HL scrubs can have a little bit of fun on that map during the pregame. they sure as fuck won't be having fun during the match[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
0 Frags +
omnificNo I'm not talking about MGE. I mean the servers only really run a rotation of those maps, I've never seen logjam or any other maps like it on a soapdm server

Logjam hasn't been supported for very long. Once the support is added to SoapDM, it's up to the server owners to update their installations of Soap and to add those maps to the rotation. That can't be enforced.

[quote=omnific]No I'm not talking about MGE. I mean the servers only really run a rotation of those maps, I've never seen logjam or any other maps like it on a soapdm server[/quote]
Logjam hasn't been supported for very long. Once the support is added to SoapDM, it's up to the server owners to update their installations of Soap and to add those maps to the rotation. That can't be enforced.
-6 Frags +
Giraffeyttriumoh and also, because that way HL scrubs can have a little bit of fun on that map during the pregame. they sure as fuck won't be having fun during the match^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The elitism is strong with this one. C'mon, why be so harsh on HL?

[quote=Giraffe][quote=yttrium]
oh and also, because that way HL scrubs can have a little bit of fun on that map during the pregame. they sure as fuck won't be having fun during the match[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^[/quote]
The elitism is strong with this one. C'mon, why be so harsh on HL?
-4 Frags +
DontGiraffeyttriumoh and also, because that way HL scrubs can have a little bit of fun on that map during the pregame. they sure as fuck won't be having fun during the match^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^The elitism is strong with this one. C'mon, why be so harsh on HL?

I think they're poking fun at HL players, and I think that the "won't have fun during the match" thing is a reference to how horribly retarded cp_steel is.

[quote=Dont][quote=Giraffe][quote=yttrium]
The elitism is strong with this one. C'mon, why be so harsh on HL?[/quote]

I think they're poking fun at HL players, and I think that the "won't have fun during the match" thing is a reference to how horribly retarded cp_steel is.
-2 Frags +
omnificI think they're poking fun at HL players, and I think that the "won't have fun during the match" thing is a reference to how horribly retarded cp_steel is.

Pretty much. Steel is the worst map in HL and I don't hate HL but I still like to poke fun now and then.

[quote=omnific]I think they're poking fun at HL players, and I think that the "won't have fun during the match" thing is a reference to how horribly retarded cp_steel is.[/quote]
Pretty much. Steel is the worst map in HL and I don't hate HL but I still like to poke fun now and then.
2 Frags +

thoughts on borneo spawns?

http://youtu.be/c21ewGCmMH4

apologies for shit quality, bloom, and motion blur - i placed a bunch of resist shield props on top of the spawn locations in SFM and then recorded the video with SFM's built-in TF2 instance, which is from 2008 and has forced bloom and motion blur

glassworks is up next

thoughts on borneo spawns?

[youtube]http://youtu.be/c21ewGCmMH4[/youtube]

apologies for shit quality, bloom, and motion blur - i placed a bunch of resist shield props on top of the spawn locations in SFM and then recorded the video with SFM's built-in TF2 instance, which is from 2008 and has forced bloom and motion blur

glassworks is up next
5 Frags +
yttriumomnificI think they're poking fun at HL players, and I think that the "won't have fun during the match" thing is a reference to how horribly retarded cp_steel is.Pretty much. Steel is the worst map in HL and I don't hate HL but I still like to poke fun now and then.

I like it because the amount of teamwork needed I guess I'm the only one who likes this map.

[quote=yttrium][quote=omnific]I think they're poking fun at HL players, and I think that the "won't have fun during the match" thing is a reference to how horribly retarded cp_steel is.[/quote]
Pretty much. Steel is the worst map in HL and I don't hate HL but I still like to poke fun now and then.[/quote]
I like it because the amount of teamwork needed I guess I'm the only one who likes this map.
0 Frags +
ManSkirtDude101I like it because the amount of teamwork needed I guess I'm the only one who likes this map.

I think the A/D format in HL is definitely interesting, but Steel is prone to ridiculously stupid strategies. Teams are often left guessing what the other team is going to do, and they're forced to play off of that.

[quote=ManSkirtDude101]I like it because the amount of teamwork needed I guess I'm the only one who likes this map.[/quote]

I think the A/D format in HL is definitely interesting, but Steel is prone to ridiculously stupid strategies. Teams are often left guessing what the other team is going to do, and they're forced to play off of that.
2 Frags +

glassworks done, making the sfm is a bitch so I won't bother

Do you guys think if it's okay that RED spawns on the BLU side on top of their own? Right now I've got it set so that BLU only spawns on the BLU side, and RED on the equivalent RED side spot, but other maps like Process have them all share.

glassworks done, making the sfm is a bitch so I won't bother

Do you guys think if it's okay that RED spawns on the BLU side on top of their own? Right now I've got it set so that BLU only spawns on the BLU side, and RED on the equivalent RED side spot, but other maps like Process have them all share.
3 Frags +
yttriumTeams are often left guessing what the other team is going to do, and they're forced to play off of that.

Not trying to talk trash, but when you barely have any HL experience, most maps are probably going to seem like that.

[quote=yttrium]Teams are often left guessing what the other team is going to do, and they're forced to play off of that.[/quote]
Not trying to talk trash, but when you barely have any HL experience, most maps are probably going to seem like that.
0 Frags +
smoboNot trying to talk trash, but when you barely have any HL experience, most maps are probably going to seem like that.

I don't barely have any HL experience. I've only been rostered for two seasons but that's because I haven't had time to devote to a regular team. I also casted quite a bit, including far more Steel than I'd care to have casted.

The biggest issue with Steel over other maps is that if you get caught off guard, you're literally fucked. If, for instance, your Engie sets up on A but offense does an E push, there's nothing you can do to pull back - you'll have to ditch all of your buildings and try to set up on E or B. Higher level teams will often just forfeit A and have their Engie set up on B, but even then, Blu can still push through the A-E connector and then most of Red will have to pull back.

One of the strengths of HL is that the Engie determines how strong you can hold something, but when the Engie can be made null (unless he sets up on E in which case E is incredibly tough to push without taking D) by simply rotating, it leads to cheesy strategies. It's one of the reasons why Viaduct's mid fence was shortened to deal with snipers - being able to slightly tweak where you are in order to force the enemy to entirely rotate is just bad map design.

[quote=smobo]Not trying to talk trash, but when you barely have any HL experience, most maps are probably going to seem like that.[/quote]
I don't barely have any HL experience. I've only been rostered for two seasons but that's because I haven't had time to devote to a regular team. I also casted quite a bit, including far more Steel than I'd care to have casted.

The biggest issue with Steel over other maps is that if you get caught off guard, you're literally fucked. If, for instance, your Engie sets up on A but offense does an E push, there's nothing you can do to pull back - you'll have to ditch all of your buildings and try to set up on E or B. Higher level teams will often just forfeit A and have their Engie set up on B, but even then, Blu can still push through the A-E connector and then most of Red will have to pull back.

One of the strengths of HL is that the Engie determines how strong you can hold something, but when the Engie can be made null (unless he sets up on E in which case E is incredibly tough to push without taking D) by simply rotating, it leads to cheesy strategies. It's one of the reasons why Viaduct's mid fence was shortened to deal with snipers - being able to slightly tweak where you are in order to force the enemy to entirely rotate is just bad map design.
0 Frags +

Does Croissant really need Soap support? It's a cool map, but does anyone actually play it competitively?

Does Croissant really need Soap support? It's a cool map, but does anyone actually play it competitively?
8 Frags +
DontGiraffeyttriumoh and also, because that way HL scrubs can have a little bit of fun on that map during the pregame. they sure as fuck won't be having fun during the match^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^The elitism is strong with this one. C'mon, why be so harsh on HL?

ah yes, giraffe, famous 6s elitist and non-player of HL

[quote=Dont][quote=Giraffe][quote=yttrium]
The elitism is strong with this one. C'mon, why be so harsh on HL?[/quote]
ah yes, giraffe, famous 6s elitist and non-player of HL
3 Frags +

to be fair if you're gonna be a 6s elitist and play hl, mts seems like a good fit

to be fair if you're gonna be a 6s elitist and play hl, mts seems like a good fit
0 Frags +

Thanks for doing Logjam, I really appreciate it. I don't have to force my buddy Thintri to do it for me now! Haha.

edit: Thank you, LaMqTa. Also thanks for running tf2pickup and having logjam on it. I appreciate it!

Thanks for doing Logjam, I really appreciate it. I don't have to force my buddy Thintri to do it for me now! Haha.

edit: Thank you, LaMqTa. Also thanks for running tf2pickup and having logjam on it. I appreciate it!
1 Frags +
HyceThanks for doing Logjam, I really appreciate it. I don't have to force my buddy Thintri to do it for me now! Haha.

I didn't do Logjam, that would be LaMqTa.

[quote=Hyce]Thanks for doing Logjam, I really appreciate it. I don't have to force my buddy Thintri to do it for me now! Haha.[/quote]
I didn't do Logjam, that would be [url=https://github.com/Lange/SOAP-TF2DM/commits/0f5335a1a880820a48a8242fef69ecd55e0d4c5d/addons/sourcemod/configs/soap.cfg?author=LaMqTa]LaMqTa[/url].
0 Frags +

pushed cp_steel, cp_granary_pro_b4, pl_borneo_rc4, cp_glassworks_rc4a, and koth_sandstone_pro_rc1. If there are any others you want done please let me know. I want to make sure every league map this season has support.

edit: accepted, update your soap

pushed cp_steel, cp_granary_pro_b4, pl_borneo_rc4, cp_glassworks_rc4a, and koth_sandstone_pro_rc1. If there are any others you want done please let me know. I want to make sure every league map this season has support.

edit: [url=https://github.com/Lange/SOAP-TF2DM/pull/21]accepted[/url], update your soap
-3 Frags +

Steel, is a great map because, you have to guess and outsmart your opponent. Guessing their strats and settig up successful backup plans and strats on that map is some of the most rewarding expieriences ive had in tf2, maybe if the map was redesigned it would be better but im happy with as it is now.

Steel, is a great map because, you have to guess and outsmart your opponent. Guessing their strats and settig up successful backup plans and strats on that map is some of the most rewarding expieriences ive had in tf2, maybe if the map was redesigned it would be better but im happy with as it is now.
2 Frags +

You shouldn't spawn people on top of rocks or weird props, it just feels weird when you spawn in a place that is annoying

You shouldn't spawn people on top of rocks or weird props, it just feels weird when you spawn in a place that is annoying
-2 Frags +

Apologies to giraffe and yttrium, I was reading on mobile and missed the "that map" bit. I just tend to get snap defensive when people poke at HL, as I've seen too much genuine bigotry towards it. Hey, thanks for doing all that yttrium.

Apologies to giraffe and yttrium, I was reading on mobile and missed the "that map" bit. I just tend to get snap defensive when people poke at HL, as I've seen too much genuine bigotry towards it. Hey, thanks for doing all that yttrium.
1 2
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.