Upvote Upvoted 0 Downvote Downvoted
85-100 Ping only on Valve servers
posted in Q/A Help
0 Frags +

Hey, so I've been having this problem for around 3-4 months now where I just get absolute trash connection to any kind of Valve official server, whether it be in TF2, CS:GO, or even Dota. It's gotten really annoying to get 80-100 ping to any Valve official server, while I get 20-30 on any east coast community server. I just want to know if there's anything I can do to fix this, or do I need to make a call to my ISP.

Hey, so I've been having this problem for around 3-4 months now where I just get absolute trash connection to any kind of Valve official server, whether it be in TF2, CS:GO, or even Dota. It's gotten really annoying to get 80-100 ping to any Valve official server, while I get 20-30 on any east coast community server. I just want to know if there's anything I can do to fix this, or do I need to make a call to my ISP.
-2 Frags +

bump

any feedback is nice

bump

any feedback is nice
-8 Frags +

did you try

did you try
-1 Frags +

Valve servers are known to just kind of suck. Are you sure it's just not the latent terribleness of Valve servers?

Valve servers are known to just kind of suck. Are you sure it's just not the latent terribleness of Valve servers?
-2 Frags +

Valve servers are also in locations that most people do not host game servers, maybe you just get bad ping to those places. Check the title of a Valve server and then find another server in the same location and check your ping.

Valve servers are also in locations that most people do not host game servers, maybe you just get bad ping to those places. Check the title of a Valve server and then find another server in the same location and check your ping.
2 Frags +

I'm getting this issue now. I usually get 40 ping on virginia servers but now I'm getting 100+ on casual, competitive valve servers

I'm getting this issue now. I usually get 40 ping on virginia servers but now I'm getting 100+ on casual, competitive valve servers
1 Frags +

I have the same issue and it isn't happening on any other games.
I usually have 60-80 ping and since the update I've been getting 140-160 on Luxemburg/Stockholm servers.

I have the same issue and it isn't happening on any other games.
I usually have 60-80 ping and since the update I've been getting 140-160 on Luxemburg/Stockholm servers.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.