Upvote Upvoted 9 Downvote Downvoted
Demoman problem
0 Frags +

So my problem is that I cannot find a demoman highlander quide, I was searching around a bit and I can't find it! I recntly started playing competetive and right now I am playing 6v6 strategies on 9v9! That's terrible! Can anyone help me with this? Put an link to the video or text about demoman in higlander, this would help me out alot!

So my problem is that I cannot find a demoman highlander quide, I was searching around a bit and I can't find it! I recntly started playing competetive and right now I am playing 6v6 strategies on 9v9! That's terrible! Can anyone help me with this? Put an link to the video or text about demoman in higlander, this would help me out alot!
-2 Frags +

6s demo is basically the same thing as highlander, just play around combo and kill everything :D

6s demo is basically the same thing as highlander, just play around combo and kill everything :D
3 Frags +

Your best bet is to find someone to mentor you. They'll be able to explain everything better than a simple guide can, and you'll be able to ask questions and get answers if there's any confusion.

Your best bet is to find someone to mentor you. They'll be able to explain everything better than a simple guide can, and you'll be able to ask questions and get answers if there's any confusion.
9 Frags +

Unfortunately when it comes to Highlander specific guides, I don't really think there's too much for demoman. You can maybe find a blog post about highlander loadouts or an explanation on positioning that's similar to a 6s one, but that's about it.

Right now a mentor would be your best bet, but I'll be attempting to make map specific guides for highlander demoman soon if you really want some videos to watch or some text to read.

Unfortunately when it comes to Highlander specific guides, I don't really think there's too much for demoman. You can maybe find a blog post about highlander loadouts or an explanation on positioning that's similar to a 6s one, but that's about it.

Right now a mentor would be your best bet, but I'll be attempting to make map specific guides for highlander demoman soon if you really want some videos to watch or some text to read.
0 Frags +

You can watch Pov videos as well, here's 1 channel for example (2 years old tho)

https://www.youtube.com/user/MilliVanillieus/videos

You can watch Pov videos as well, here's 1 channel for example (2 years old tho)

1 Frags +
phobia6s demo is basically the same thing as highlander, just play around combo and kill everything :D

Thanks for the help. The worst thing about it is that when I was playing lobbies I was thinking that doing 6v6 things i bad xD welp, thanks one more time

[quote=phobia]6s demo is basically the same thing as highlander, just play around combo and kill everything :D[/quote]

Thanks for the help. The worst thing about it is that when I was playing lobbies I was thinking that doing 6v6 things i bad xD welp, thanks one more time
0 Frags +
DemoTheMannThanks for the help. The worst thing about it is that when I was playing lobbies I was thinking that doing 6v6 things i bad xD welp, thanks one more time

Generally, you're going to want to play a little more passively in HL than you would in 6v6, but other than that, it's mostly the same. Just remember that a lot of classes in HL are unable to deal with stickies on the ground, so you should also be trying to deny players from walking in certain areas. Also, in payload, you'll need to play as more of a siege class on offense, sticking with your combo and taking the uber in to destroy sentries. On defense, you'd want to defend sentries, providing area denial and trying to juggle the enemy combo when they uber in.

[quote=DemoTheMann]Thanks for the help. The worst thing about it is that when I was playing lobbies I was thinking that doing 6v6 things i bad xD welp, thanks one more time[/quote]
Generally, you're going to want to play a little more passively in HL than you would in 6v6, but other than that, it's mostly the same. Just remember that a lot of classes in HL are unable to deal with stickies on the ground, so you should also be trying to deny players from walking in certain areas. Also, in payload, you'll need to play as more of a siege class on offense, sticking with your combo and taking the uber in to destroy sentries. On defense, you'd want to defend sentries, providing area denial and trying to juggle the enemy combo when they uber in.
0 Frags +
popcorpYou can watch Pov videos as well, here's 1 channel for example (2 years old tho)

Yea, I've been doing that, but thanks for the channel link, I will sure check this guy out!

[quote=popcorp]You can watch Pov videos as well, here's 1 channel for example (2 years old tho)

https://www.youtube.com/user/MilliVanillieus/videos[/quote]

Yea, I've been doing that, but thanks for the channel link, I will sure check this guy out!
0 Frags +
yttriumDemoTheMannThanks for the help. The worst thing about it is that when I was playing lobbies I was thinking that doing 6v6 things i bad xD welp, thanks one more timeGenerally, you're going to want to play a little more passively in HL than you would in 6v6, but other than that, it's mostly the same. Just remember that a lot of classes in HL are unable to deal with stickies on the ground, so you should also be trying to deny players from walking in certain areas. Also, in payload, you'll need to play as more of a siege class on offense, sticking with your combo and taking the uber in to destroy sentries. On defense, you'd want to defend sentries, providing area denial and trying to juggle the enemy combo when they uber in.

Wow that's quite alot, thank you so much! You should make an post about it or post it somwhere else becouse it's awesome!

[quote=yttrium][quote=DemoTheMann]Thanks for the help. The worst thing about it is that when I was playing lobbies I was thinking that doing 6v6 things i bad xD welp, thanks one more time[/quote]
Generally, you're going to want to play a little more passively in HL than you would in 6v6, but other than that, it's mostly the same. Just remember that a lot of classes in HL are unable to deal with stickies on the ground, so you should also be trying to deny players from walking in certain areas. Also, in payload, you'll need to play as more of a siege class on offense, sticking with your combo and taking the uber in to destroy sentries. On defense, you'd want to defend sentries, providing area denial and trying to juggle the enemy combo when they uber in.[/quote]

Wow that's quite alot, thank you so much! You should make an post about it or post it somwhere else becouse it's awesome!
5 Frags +

Take Jarrett/Matlock's advice and find a mentor. Not only will they help you learn what you need to know but they will also be able to answer any questions that you might have as well as work with you on more personal problems that a simple generic guide wouldn't be able to solve. Good luck!

Take Jarrett/Matlock's advice and find a mentor. Not only will they help you learn what you need to know but they will also be able to answer any questions that you might have as well as work with you on more personal problems that a simple generic guide wouldn't be able to solve. Good luck!
4 Frags +
pl3xTake Jarrett/Matlock's advice and find a mentor. Not only will they help you learn what you need to know but they will also be able to answer any questions that you might have as well as work with you on more personal problems that a simple generic guide wouldn't be able to solve. Good luck!

this and also getting on a dedicated team will teach you so much and will help you develop your play style.

[quote=pl3x]Take Jarrett/Matlock's advice and find a mentor. Not only will they help you learn what you need to know but they will also be able to answer any questions that you might have as well as work with you on more personal problems that a simple generic guide wouldn't be able to solve. Good luck![/quote] this and also getting on a dedicated team will teach you so much and will help you develop your play style.
0 Frags +

If you're UK-based, poking around in the ETF2L forums is likely your best bet for getting a mentor. Good luck man!

If you're UK-based, poking around in the ETF2L forums is likely your best bet for getting a mentor. Good luck man!
-1 Frags +

http://comp.tf/wiki/Demoman_(Highlander)
http://forums.tf2center.com/topic/757-highlander-demoman-guide/
watch plat hl demo POVs too

/thread

http://comp.tf/wiki/Demoman_(Highlander)
http://forums.tf2center.com/topic/757-highlander-demoman-guide/
watch plat hl demo POVs too

/thread
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.