Upvote Upvoted 23 Downvote Downvoted
Winding Road by Almie
posted in Videos
0 Frags +

https://youtu.be/qRCeMm3atN0

I made a medic movie! You might have seen it on eXtv already (many thanks to them!) but in case you didnt, here it is. Enjoy :)

[youtube]https://youtu.be/qRCeMm3atN0[/youtube]
I made a medic movie! You might have seen it on eXtv already (many thanks to them!) but in case you didnt, here it is. Enjoy :)
5 Frags +

Alright its been a week and I STILL don't see anything happening on this thread so I'll just pop in some criticism.
I really fucking love your SFM work. Absolutely stunning and has progressively been getting better and better. I adore you for giving badlands that water makeover; I don't know how you did it, but it was amazing. Your colors, especially around 1:26, were astounding. I also loved the transition from 1:19-1:21. I also noticed some subtle details like your lense flares and composition in your smooths. Those were insane.
However some of the video's progression was very slow. Some shots were just a little bit too long and kind of cut off the flow. But I understand you might have done this to go with the song. Everything after 1:06 was very nice and exciting. :)
Well done Almie. Can't wait for your next piece. -Jeanette

Alright its been a week and I STILL don't see anything happening on this thread so I'll just pop in some criticism.
I really fucking love your SFM work. Absolutely stunning and has progressively been getting better and better. I adore you for giving badlands that water makeover; I don't know how you did it, but it was amazing. Your colors, especially around 1:26, were astounding. I also loved the transition from 1:19-1:21. I also noticed some subtle details like your lense flares and composition in your smooths. Those were insane.
However some of the video's progression was very slow. Some shots were just a little bit too long and kind of cut off the flow. But I understand you might have done this to go with the song. Everything after 1:06 was very nice and exciting. :)
Well done Almie. Can't wait for your next piece. -Jeanette
3 Frags +

wtf is that badlands water map thing

wtf is that badlands water map thing
2 Frags +
capnfapnwtf is that badlands water map thingIve seen many people ask about the version of badlands. It is a special version I made for the movie. The play happened on the original badlands, however I recorded it in my own version of it. Unfortunately I didnt make the map with gameplay in mind, so its not suitable for it and its not released anywhere.

That's what I call dedication

[quote=capnfapn]wtf is that badlands water map thing[/quote]

[quote]Ive seen many people ask about the version of badlands. It is a special version I made for the movie. The play happened on the original badlands, however I recorded it in my own version of it. Unfortunately I didnt make the map with gameplay in mind, so its not suitable for it and its not released anywhere.[/quote]

That's what I call dedication
1 Frags +

Editing was good, but a little slow. Big problem is the boring frags, and the extremely low amount of them. SFM clips and the smooths we're really good though.

Editing was good, but a little slow. Big problem is the boring frags, and the extremely low amount of them. SFM clips and the smooths we're really good though.
1 Frags +

That was fucking dope, really solid SFM stuff. Also loved the color grading and how you stylized the sun to be super bright like on the snakewater clip moonyurbans talked about. You blended in the lens flares/cc in a subtle enough way that they could pass off as part of the actual game. Don't think the frags were boring at all, the only part I found uninteresting was the long slow motion shot of process choke (0:56 the ~8 seconds it took up could be split into two different angles or something). The film burns were cool but would have had more effect if they were used for more sparingly, imo at least.

That was fucking dope, really solid SFM stuff. Also loved the color grading and how you stylized the sun to be super bright like on the snakewater clip moonyurbans talked about. You blended in the lens flares/cc in a subtle enough way that they could pass off as part of the actual game. Don't think the frags were boring at all, the only part I found uninteresting was the long slow motion shot of process choke (0:56 the ~8 seconds it took up could be split into two different angles or something). The film burns were cool but would have had more effect if they were used for more sparingly, imo at least.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.