Upvote Upvoted 10 Downvote Downvoted
monoHUD
posted in Customization
0 Frags +

Hello ladies and gentlemen.
I always liked to edit huds for my personal usage, and when omni announced huds.tf contest, i tried and made one from scratch. Recently i have polished it enough to post it here.
It is a minimalistic hud that features black&white colorscheme along with standart HP&Ammo positioning to insure that nothing prevents you from full immersion into the battlefield.
Screenshots
GitHub
This HUD is still in BETA and lacks MvM, Arena, and SpecHud support.
Looking for your feedback.

Hello ladies and gentlemen.
I always liked to edit huds for my personal usage, and when omni announced [url=http://huds.tf/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=21]huds.tf contest[/url], i tried and made one from scratch. Recently i have polished it enough to post it here.
It is a minimalistic hud that features black&white colorscheme along with standart HP&Ammo positioning to insure that nothing prevents you from full immersion into the battlefield.
[url=http://imgur.com/a/jm47q]Screenshots[/url]
[url=https://github.com/Memeproof/monoHUD]GitHub[/url]
This HUD is still in [b]BETA[/b] and lacks MvM, Arena, and SpecHud support.
Looking for your feedback.
7 Frags +

Seems alright for your first (?) hud from scratch. Good job :)

Seems alright for your first (?) hud from scratch. Good job :)
1 Frags +

This actually looks pretty good imo, would definetly use it when that SpecHUD gets implemented, Good luck!

This actually looks pretty good imo, would definetly use it when that SpecHUD gets implemented, Good luck!
1 Frags +

really clean, i like it!

would really love to see a full release.

really clean, i like it!

would really love to see a full release.
RGL.gg
7 Frags +

In my opinion, the numbers being in the far corners of the screen would be a problem for me, and I probably wouldn't personally use the hud. However, I do know someone who has been looking to have the numbers in the far corners, perhaps give an option to have either?
Really nice so far.

In my opinion, the numbers being in the far corners of the screen would be a problem for me, and I probably wouldn't personally use the hud. However, I do know someone who has been looking to have the numbers in the far corners, perhaps give an option to have either?
Really nice so far.
3 Frags +

Nice, clean, minimalistic look. Make sure to add hotkeys like 'e' for use ingame, something I've always loved about RaysHUD and currently aHUD so you can skip messages. Personally I don't like having the health plus (I like gigantic letters instead) or the character showing in the bottom left like that but that's just preference.

Nice, clean, minimalistic look. Make sure to add hotkeys like 'e' for use ingame, something I've always loved about RaysHUD and currently aHUD so you can skip messages. Personally I don't like having the health plus (I like gigantic letters instead) or the character showing in the bottom left like that but that's just preference.
1 Frags +

the idea is there but i dont feel that the overal theme is very clear or polished, but def keep working on it as it looks promising

the idea is there but i dont feel that the overal theme is very clear or polished, but def keep working on it as it looks promising
0 Frags +

its good cause its not like most huds where people just change the fonts of broeselhud or something and call it their own

its good cause its not like most huds where people just change the fonts of broeselhud or something and call it their own
0 Frags +
Mr_Harvardthe idea is there but i dont feel that the overal theme is very clear or polished, but def keep working on it as it looks promising

Please tell me where it needs to be changed the most.

[quote=Mr_Harvard]the idea is there but i dont feel that the overal theme is very clear or polished, but def keep working on it as it looks promising[/quote] Please tell me where it needs to be changed the most.
0 Frags +

The design is really clever! I like it

The design is really clever! I like it
1 Frags +

Like the design , but it could have extras in DL like a more centered version and a way to remove the cross in the health and the size of the names in the charging bars , like the pomson (forgot the name) could be a bit bigger for the guys playing low res, that or have altenate versions for 16:9 , 16:10 and 4:3
Also you could put something saying monoHUD in the MainMenu since it sounds a bit empty to me

Besides that it looks good and i will be looking forward for the newer versions , keep it up!

Like the design , but it could have extras in DL like a more centered version and a way to remove the cross in the health and the size of the names in the charging bars , like the pomson (forgot the name) could be a bit bigger for the guys playing low res, that or have altenate versions for 16:9 , 16:10 and 4:3
Also you could put something saying monoHUD in the MainMenu since it sounds a bit empty to me

Besides that it looks good and i will be looking forward for the newer versions , keep it up!
0 Frags +

The only things that bug me about this hud are:

- The size of the health cross (could be a bit smaller)
    - Centering the health value
    - The medic healing box / being healed by looks a bit weirdly aligned
    - Adding a spec hud would be nice
The only things that bug me about this hud are:
[list]
- The size of the health cross (could be a bit smaller)
- Centering the health value
- The medic healing box / being healed by looks a bit weirdly aligned
- Adding a spec hud would be nice
[/list]
1 Frags +
NoFapMr_Harvardthe idea is there but i dont feel that the overal theme is very clear or polished, but def keep working on it as it looks promising Please tell me where it needs to be changed the most.

im not saying for you to change it, but it doesnt have a very consistant theme or color scheme to it
the theme of it is for u to decide

[quote=NoFap][quote=Mr_Harvard]the idea is there but i dont feel that the overal theme is very clear or polished, but def keep working on it as it looks promising[/quote] Please tell me where it needs to be changed the most.[/quote]
im not saying for you to change it, but it doesnt have a very consistant theme or color scheme to it
the theme of it is for u to decide
2 Frags +

Thanks for constructive criticism, guys. I'm working on a minmode HP/Ammo with broesel's positioning right now.

Thanks for constructive criticism, guys. I'm working on a minmode HP/Ammo with broesel's positioning right now.
0 Frags +

I really like the milky-white backgrounds with the black text, but i don't think the health cross fits in the theme.

I really like the milky-white backgrounds with the black text, but i don't think the health cross fits in the theme.
0 Frags +
b4stianI really like the milky-white backgrounds with the black text, but i don't think the health cross fits in the theme.

You might like this, then.

[quote=b4stian]I really like the milky-white backgrounds with the black text, but i don't think the health cross fits in the theme.[/quote]

[url=http://disqusestuff.wc.lt/file/milkyhudfix]You might like this, then.[/url]
0 Frags +
b4stianI really like the milky-white backgrounds with the black text, but i don't think the health cross fits in the theme.

I tried a milky health cross image from yahud, but it won't work on sv_pure 2, so i'm not sure if i should use it.

[quote=b4stian]I really like the milky-white backgrounds with the black text, but i don't think the health cross fits in the theme.[/quote] I tried a milky health cross image from yahud, but it won't work on sv_pure 2, so i'm not sure if i should use it.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.