Upvote Upvoted 1 Downvote Downvoted
GeForce 750 Ti won't use it's full power on Team F
posted in Hardware
0 Frags +

This only happens to Team Fortress 2 and no other games.

Specs:

Operating System
	Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
	Intel Core 2 Duo E4600 @ 2.40GHz	30 °C
	Conroe 65nm Technology
RAM
	4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 332MHz (5-5-5-15)
Motherboard
	Dell Inc. 0CU409 (Socket 775)	37 °C
Graphics
	S27B350 (1920x1080@60Hz)
	2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti (MSI)	28 °C
Storage
	372GB Hitachi HDS724040KLSA80 ATA Device (SATA)	37 °C
Optical Drives
	TSSTcorp CDRWDVD TS-H493B ATA Device
Audio
	High Definition Audio Device

(Specs don't seem to be the problem as the game ran fine at around 70FPS on my "AMD Radeon HD 6570" that is what I upgraded from, that was less then a week.)

As for the GeForce GTX 750 Ti on both low and high graphics settings the GPU usage doesn't change at all.
The game jumps around 60-30 FPS no matter how high and low the settings are.

http://i.imgur.com/nSaYHW4.png

Already tried:
Reinstalling Team Fortress 2
Reinstalling/Updating GeForce GTX 750 Ti Drivers
Reinstalling/Updating sound drivers
Updating Windows
Scanning for Viruses
Closing unnecessary programs
Restarting the PC

This only happens to Team Fortress 2 and no other games.

Specs:
[code]Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core 2 Duo E4600 @ 2.40GHz 30 °C
Conroe 65nm Technology
RAM
4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 332MHz (5-5-5-15)
Motherboard
Dell Inc. 0CU409 (Socket 775) 37 °C
Graphics
S27B350 (1920x1080@60Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti (MSI) 28 °C
Storage
372GB Hitachi HDS724040KLSA80 ATA Device (SATA) 37 °C
Optical Drives
TSSTcorp CDRWDVD TS-H493B ATA Device
Audio
High Definition Audio Device[/code]
(Specs don't seem to be the problem as the game ran fine at around 70FPS on my "AMD Radeon HD 6570" that is what I upgraded from, that was less then a week.)

As for the GeForce GTX 750 Ti on both low and high graphics settings the GPU usage doesn't change at all.
The game jumps around 60-30 FPS no matter how high and low the settings are.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/nSaYHW4.png[/img]

Already tried:
Reinstalling Team Fortress 2
Reinstalling/Updating GeForce GTX 750 Ti Drivers
Reinstalling/Updating sound drivers
Updating Windows
Scanning for Viruses
Closing unnecessary programs
Restarting the PC
9 Frags +

Dont want to be that guy but core 2 duo with a gtx750 is a bit lopsided

Dont want to be that guy but core 2 duo with a gtx750 is a bit lopsided
6 Frags +
ErenJayDont want to be that guy but core 2 duo with a gtx750 is a bit lopsided

Exactly. I bet dollars to donuts your CPU is pegging at 100% in TF2, which is bottlenecking your GPU performance, since TF2 is a notoriously CPU-bound game.

[quote=ErenJay]Dont want to be that guy but core 2 duo with a gtx750 is a bit lopsided[/quote]

Exactly. I bet dollars to donuts your CPU is pegging at 100% in TF2, which is bottlenecking your GPU performance, since TF2 is a notoriously CPU-bound game.
-4 Frags +
MasterKuniErenJayDont want to be that guy but core 2 duo with a gtx750 is a bit lopsided

[quote=MasterKuni][quote=ErenJay]Dont want to be that guy but core 2 duo with a gtx750 is a bit lopsided[/quote]

Exactly. I bet dollars to donuts your CPU is pegging at 100% in TF2, which is bottlenecking your GPU performance, since TF2 is a notoriously CPU-bound game.[/quote] [quote]
[/quote]
8 Frags +

I think you don't understand what a bottleneck is, especially in this context, fastlex.

I think you don't understand what a bottleneck is, especially in this context, fastlex.
3 Frags +
FastlexMasterKuniErenJayDont want to be that guy but core 2 duo with a gtx750 is a bit lopsided

Your C P U is the issue. Your graphics card has no hold over this specific game in comparison to the CPU. While your upgrade was pretty cool, it wouldn't have improved performance much. Now, instead you have a larger profiled GPU for your shit to handle.

[quote=Fastlex][quote=MasterKuni][quote=ErenJay]Dont want to be that guy but core 2 duo with a gtx750 is a bit lopsided[/quote]

Exactly. I bet dollars to donuts your CPU is pegging at 100% in TF2, which is bottlenecking your GPU performance, since TF2 is a notoriously CPU-bound game.[/quote] [quote]
[/quote][/quote]
Your C P U is the issue. Your graphics card has no hold over this specific game in comparison to the CPU. While your upgrade was pretty cool, it wouldn't have improved performance much. Now, instead you have a larger profiled GPU for your shit to handle.
0 Frags +

TF2 is almost entirely about your CPU and just a little bit about your GPU. You can try contacting Setsul, he's incredibly smart in PC/TF2 questions. http://teamfortress.tv/user/setsul

TF2 is almost entirely about your CPU and just a little bit about your GPU. You can try contacting Setsul, he's incredibly smart in PC/TF2 questions. http://teamfortress.tv/user/setsul
1 Frags +
MasterKuniErenJayDont want to be that guy but core 2 duo with a gtx750 is a bit lopsided

this
I have a old hd 4890 2gb (waiting for 380x) and I pull 200+ fps paired with a i5 4690k @ 4.8ghz.

[quote=MasterKuni][quote=ErenJay]Dont want to be that guy but core 2 duo with a gtx750 is a bit lopsided[/quote]

Exactly. I bet dollars to donuts your CPU is pegging at 100% in TF2, which is bottlenecking your GPU performance, since TF2 is a notoriously CPU-bound game.[/quote] this
I have a old hd 4890 2gb (waiting for 380x) and I pull 200+ fps paired with a i5 4690k @ 4.8ghz.
0 Frags +

Just in case you aren't cpu bound (which you almost certainly are) make sure V-sync is disabled and check your FPS again

Just in case you aren't cpu bound (which you almost certainly are) make sure V-sync is disabled and check your FPS again
6 Frags +

I have been summoned.

low GPU usage: normal, you were bottlenecked by your CPU before and now with a more powerful GPU it's even worse.
lower fps than before: I'm not sure if I should believe you, but you could try the 340.52 driver anyway.

EDIT: fixed typo

I have been summoned.

low GPU usage: normal, you were bottlenecked by your CPU before and now with a more powerful GPU it's even worse.
lower fps than before: I'm not sure if I should believe you, but you could try the 340.52 driver anyway.

EDIT: fixed typo
0 Frags +

No source engine game has ever used much more than 50% of my GPU on my system with i7 3770K. Hell a couple years back I used to litecoin mine at the same time as playing TF2 sometimes. I'd just run the miner at a slightly lower priority and have it use about 50% of my GPU and have the game use the rest.

I do agree thought that your CPU is quite dated and that TF2 is pretty CPU heavy.

No source engine game has ever used much more than 50% of my GPU on my system with i7 3770K. Hell a couple years back I used to litecoin mine at the same time as playing TF2 sometimes. I'd just run the miner at a slightly lower priority and have it use about 50% of my GPU and have the game use the rest.

I do agree thought that your CPU is quite dated and that TF2 is pretty CPU heavy.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.