Upvote Upvoted 12 Downvote Downvoted
Vanilla WoW server
posted in Off Topic
0 Frags +

I have been pretty addicted to this vanilla wow server for a while and wondered if anyone on tftv would like a little bit of a throwback.

https://en.nostalrius.org/

Its not pay to win at all and its been really fun the zones are really tough and it feels nothing like how wow is now. The server is based in Europe but i still get a good 150 ping from CA also it has a good amount of people on getting up to 5000 people at a time (oh yea its pvp too!)

I have been pretty addicted to this vanilla wow server for a while and wondered if anyone on tftv would like a little bit of a throwback.

https://en.nostalrius.org/

Its not pay to win at all and its been really fun the zones are really tough and it feels nothing like how wow is now. The server is based in Europe but i still get a good 150 ping from CA also it has a good amount of people on getting up to 5000 people at a time (oh yea its pvp too!)
-2 Frags +

is this just an elaborate ruse to get my banking info????

is this just an elaborate ruse to get my banking info????
-1 Frags +

as soon as u downloaded windows ive had ur banking account

as soon as u downloaded windows ive had ur banking account
3 Frags +

i would never want ur baking info

i would never want ur baking info
7 Frags +

I feel like someone named pie_hero would have all the baking info they need.

I feel like someone named pie_hero would have all the baking info they need.
-3 Frags +

i only trust people with the alias cake_hero sorry

i only trust people with the alias cake_hero sorry
3 Frags +

I only played a little bit before/during burning crusade(literally have more playtime on club penguin). this seems pretty cool though, I really like mmo's. I'll probably try it later in the week when I can

I only played a little bit before/during burning crusade(literally have more playtime on club penguin). this seems pretty cool though, I really like mmo's. I'll probably try it later in the week when I can
1 Frags +

I forget people still play this game, legitimately or not.

I forget people still play this game, legitimately or not.
1 Frags +
HidiI forget people still play this game, legitimately or not.

only seven million people are subscribed, it's basically a ghost town

[quote=Hidi]I forget people still play this game, legitimately or not.[/quote]
only seven million people are subscribed, it's basically a ghost town
-1 Frags +
smoboHidiI forget people still play this game, legitimately or not.only seven million people are subscribed, it's basically a ghost town

ya people say this all the time "more people are subbed than in vanilla"

but anyone who played in vanilla understands that:
1. not all hours are created equal
1.1 not all subs are equal

people used to play WOW as a fulltime job, now its become a glorified farmville (imo)

which is good because it used to be a dressy skinner box for masochists, but i still think its impossible to say that the game hasnt lost a lot of cultural capital (i dont think capital is the word i want but i cant think of a substitute)

[quote=smobo][quote=Hidi]I forget people still play this game, legitimately or not.[/quote]
only seven million people are subscribed, it's basically a ghost town[/quote]
ya people say this all the time "more people are subbed than in vanilla"

but anyone who played in vanilla understands that:
1. not all hours are created equal
1.1 not all subs are equal

people used to play WOW as a fulltime job, now its become a glorified farmville (imo)

which is good because it used to be a dressy skinner box for masochists, but i still think its impossible to say that the game hasnt lost a lot of cultural capital (i dont think capital is the word i want but i cant think of a substitute)
2 Frags +

Damn i wish it was in the US.

Id be interested to test it out.

I remember 2007 WoW, it was the tits man.

Molten Core 40 man, oh man.

Damn i wish it was in the US.

Id be interested to test it out.

I remember 2007 WoW, it was the tits man.

Molten Core 40 man, oh man.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.