Upvote Upvoted 1 Downvote Downvoted
Is the Loose Cannon any good?
0 Frags +

Anyone figure out a proper way to use this weapon? Is it worth switching out the GL?

Discuss please.

I have it a try in a DM server one night and I don't know if I'm using it properly.

Anyone figure out a proper way to use this weapon? Is it worth switching out the GL?

Discuss please.

I have it a try in a DM server one night and I don't know if I'm using it properly.
-1 Frags +

no

no
4 Frags +

It's fun in pubs and used perfectly is better than the grenade launcher, but in a competitive setting things are too hectic to time every shot perfectly and because of that the stock nade launcher has a better damage output and more utility.

It's fun in pubs and used perfectly is better than the grenade launcher, but in a competitive setting things are too hectic to time every shot perfectly and because of that the stock nade launcher has a better damage output and more utility.
2 Frags +

its probably the hardest weapon to use to its maximum potential just because of how small the window to have it blow up at just the right time

basically what #3 said

its probably the hardest weapon to use to its maximum potential just because of how small the window to have it blow up at just the right time

basically what #3 said
2 Frags +

I don't think demo needs another way to oneshot a medic, regardless of how hard it is. (Timing it perfectly can deal up to 165 iirc)
It's a lot of fun, but the ridiculous knockback and ability to fuck half a team make it a bit much for 6s imo.

I don't think demo needs another way to oneshot a medic, regardless of how hard it is. (Timing it perfectly can deal up to 165 iirc)
It's a lot of fun, but the ridiculous knockback and ability to fuck half a team make it a bit much for 6s imo.
0 Frags +
Banaynayno

Ok

Mr_OwlIt's fun in pubs and used perfectly is better than the grenade launcher, but in a competitive setting things are too hectic to time every shot perfectly and because of that the stock nade launcher has a better damage output and more utility.

So it is kind of like the Scottish Resistance of grenade launchers. Something that could have potential if you think about 14bombs and selective detonation, but is literally outclassed in all situations by stock.

ghos7ayamaits probably the hardest weapon to use to its maximum potential just because of how small the window to have it blow up at just the right time

basically what #3 said

Valve should really just cut the fuse time in half and give it a fixed damage of 80 instead of reverse fall off. It is too gimmicky and "skill indexed" to be put to good use. That knockback though...it's hilarious.

[quote=Banaynay]no[/quote]
Ok
[quote=Mr_Owl]It's fun in pubs and used perfectly is better than the grenade launcher, but in a competitive setting things are too hectic to time every shot perfectly and because of that the stock nade launcher has a better damage output and more utility.[/quote]

So it is kind of like the Scottish Resistance of grenade launchers. Something that could have potential if you think about 14bombs and selective detonation, but is literally outclassed in all situations by stock.

[quote=ghos7ayama]its probably the hardest weapon to use to its maximum potential just because of how small the window to have it blow up at just the right time

basically what #3 said[/quote]

Valve should really just cut the fuse time in half and give it a fixed damage of 80 instead of reverse fall off. It is too gimmicky and "skill indexed" to be put to good use. That knockback though...it's hilarious.
1 Frags +

its a fun weapon like the fan/huntsman/demoman swords/etc, knockback is fun

not great for comp tho

its a fun weapon like the fan/huntsman/demoman swords/etc, knockback is fun

not great for comp tho
-4 Frags +

It's a utility spike. In general you get less out of it because of the reduced damage unless you're repeatedly drilling long range directs regardless of explosion damage. It's somewhat useful up close since there's no real self damage but even at mid-range the lack of damage starts to wear down your presence since you'd have to wait to charge shots to get explosion damage.

That being said, the ability to one shot medics is pretty nice if you really get the hang of the weapon but for that reason it's also probably wise to keep it banned since during holds it would pretty much dominate the game. Peek lower while pushing badlands last and just lob nades until you implode the medic without allowing him to react.

It's a utility spike. In general you get less out of it because of the reduced damage unless you're repeatedly drilling long range directs regardless of explosion damage. It's somewhat useful up close since there's no real self damage but even at mid-range the lack of damage starts to wear down your presence since you'd have to wait to charge shots to get explosion damage.

That being said, the ability to one shot medics is pretty nice if you really get the hang of the weapon but for that reason it's also probably wise to keep it banned since during holds it would pretty much dominate the game. Peek lower while pushing badlands last and just lob nades until you implode the medic without allowing him to react.
1 Frags +

I want to see bomb-jumping demomen on viaduct next season.

I want to see bomb-jumping demomen on viaduct next season.
1 Frags +

So you were that ~disruption~ in the dm servers with targe and cannonballs

So you were that ~disruption~ in the dm servers with targe and cannonballs
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.