Upvote Upvoted 1 Downvote Downvoted
1 2 3 4
Best location for NA tf2 lan.
1 Frags +

Where do you think would be the best place to host a tf2 LAN? going by # of people that show up. in NA.

Where do you think would be the best place to host a tf2 LAN? going by # of people that show up. in NA.
18 Frags +

chesapeake, VA

#believe

chesapeake, VA

#believe
30 Frags +

17 Frags +

Toronto, Ontario

Toronto, Ontario
-10 Frags +

Montreal. ETS has proven it times and times again.

Montreal. ETS has proven it times and times again.
0 Frags +
anjirocoolchesapeake, VA

#believe

10/10 would C U @ LAN.

[quote=anjirocool]chesapeake, VA

#believe[/quote]

10/10 would C U @ LAN.
22 Frags +

chicago for centralized location, but not for price

nyc for most fun, but DEFINITELY not for price

idk man civilization is more expensive than shit cities are

chicago for centralized location, but not for price

nyc for most fun, but DEFINITELY not for price

idk man civilization is more expensive than shit cities are
7 Frags +
nerochicago... canadians and new englanders/midwest would probably make up the majority of the tf2 community, i dont actually know but thats my guess

Indianapolis is going to be cheaper, and not much farther away. Closer to the east coast too.

[quote=nero]chicago... canadians and new englanders/midwest would probably make up the majority of the tf2 community, i dont actually know but thats my guess[/quote]
Indianapolis is going to be cheaper, and not much farther away. Closer to the east coast too.
3 Frags +
ArtemToronto, Ontario

Probably the only thing I'd ever make. Maybe Chicago when I grow up to be a big boy.

[quote=Artem]Toronto, Ontario[/quote]

Probably the only thing I'd ever make. Maybe Chicago when I grow up to be a big boy.
-1 Frags +

Ottawa <3

Ottawa <3
0 Frags +

Central location relative to the entire US makes no difference because you can't expect to draw people beyond a certain range. The average TF2 player on the east or west coast won't go to a Chicago LAN, it's too far.

I would put it in either Boston or southern California, as those are the best areas that come to my mind for concentrated populations of nerds. I wouldn't expect anyone further west than Pennsylvania to visit a Boston LAN. That said, there are a lot of TF2 players in the midwest and Great Lakes area. They could easily populate a Chicago LAN.

Central location relative to the entire US makes no difference because you can't expect to draw people beyond a certain range. The average TF2 player on the east or west coast won't go to a Chicago LAN, it's too far.

I would put it in either Boston or southern California, as those are the best areas that come to my mind for concentrated populations of nerds. I wouldn't expect anyone further west than Pennsylvania to visit a Boston LAN. That said, there are a lot of TF2 players in the midwest and Great Lakes area. They could easily populate a Chicago LAN.
1 Frags +

Best place for a NA lan? East coast players will say either NY or Philly while West coast players want San Fran, or another city in Cali. Midwest players like myself might suggest either Chicago/Indy.

I personally think we should just choose a St. Louis (not to expensive, great sites.

There's some good places in Canada from what I can tell (never been out of the country).

Try finding a place that is cheap, good in location, and won't break the bank.

Best place for a NA lan? East coast players will say either NY or Philly while West coast players want San Fran, or another city in Cali. Midwest players like myself might suggest either Chicago/Indy.

I personally think we should just choose a St. Louis (not to expensive, great sites.

There's some good places in Canada from what I can tell (never been out of the country).

Try finding a place that is cheap, good in location, and won't break the bank.
1 Frags +

North Dallas, Texas. basically neutral to the coasts. Affordable locations for lodging/playing, tons of offsite activities and whatnot.

North Dallas, Texas. basically neutral to the coasts. Affordable locations for lodging/playing, tons of offsite activities and whatnot.
2 Frags +

most people live in the east, so it should be kind of close to new york or philly. thats where the us population is most dense

boston would be cool since thats where i live but its one of the most eastern cities

most people live in the east, so it should be kind of close to new york or philly. thats where the us population is most dense

boston would be cool since thats where i live but its one of the most eastern cities
5 Frags +

No one location will be best for everyone. imo its not about location at this point, i think its more about popularity (ESEA lan, ETS, etc.)

No one location will be best for everyone. imo its not about location at this point, i think its more about popularity (ESEA lan, ETS, etc.)
3 Frags +

midwest the best

midwest the best
7 Frags +

Chicago, IL. Please make this happen :D

Chicago, IL. Please make this happen :D
9 Frags +

Raleigh, NC?

Raleigh, NC?
2 Frags +

I would love to see a NYC LAN but that's hard to organize and extremely expensive.

I would love to see a NYC LAN but that's hard to organize and extremely expensive.
0 Frags +

There's like 40 or something tf2 players from chicago nowadays

There's like 40 or something tf2 players from chicago nowadays
4 Frags +

Chicago is nice for location, but unfortunately has outrageous labor union fees associated with renting anything there, like any big city really. GenCon is held here in indy with a ton of success, plus there is a university campus with more than enough room to spare (a major Collegiate Star League event was held there) for a LAN big enough to draw a crowd.

Chicago is nice for location, but unfortunately has outrageous labor union fees associated with renting anything there, like any big city really. GenCon is held here in indy with a ton of success, plus there is a university campus with more than enough room to spare (a major Collegiate Star League event was held there) for a LAN big enough to draw a crowd.
-4 Frags +

Buffalo, NY close for Canadians close for Americans.

Buffalo, NY close for Canadians close for Americans.
-1 Frags +
WintersunMontreal. ETS has proven it times and times again.

it's probably the best place to host one as it;s a giant LAN event and they do tournaments as well.

[quote=Wintersun]Montreal. ETS has proven it times and times again.[/quote] it's probably the best place to host one as it;s a giant LAN event and they do tournaments as well.
2 Frags +
dope-wolfBuffalo, NY close for Canadians close for Americans.

http://goo.gl/maps/CCAQ7

Nope.

[quote=dope-wolf]Buffalo, NY close for Canadians close for Americans.[/quote]
http://goo.gl/maps/CCAQ7

Nope.
10 Frags +

CHICAGO

NO ONE EVER DOES CHICAGO

CHICAGO

NO ONE EVER DOES CHICAGO
0 Frags +
dope-wolfBuffalo, NY close for Canadians close for Americans.

not for people across the countries in canada, like vancouver or washington in the us

[quote=dope-wolf]Buffalo, NY close for Canadians close for Americans.[/quote]
not for people across the countries in canada, like vancouver or washington in the us
10 Frags +

As I mentioned in the i49 thread... Philadelphia is the best location. Well... NYC would be the "best" location as its a huge travel destination and something a lot of people going to the LAN (especially the euros) would love to check out. The problem with NYC is that it's waaaaay too expensive in every possible way. Most importantly, venue rental. It's going to cost a LOT of money to rent a venue in NYC, and that's going to mean higher ticket prices for attendees and that usually means fewer attendees. Hotel, parking, travel (cabs), and food are also way more expensive.

Here are some serious pros for a Philly LAN

- cheaper venue rental (lower ticket costs)
- very close to Philly international
- cheaper hotels, better parking
- lots of TF2 players already in the area (can pickup people from the airport and train/bus stations... Maybe even offer room space at their place)
- close to NYC and DC for people who want to check those places out

Also, fragile and I both know the guy who runs the GXL LANs around here and we have worked with him before. It's been a while since we had a GXL LAN due to scheduling issues, but he has all the stuff on hand we would need (servers, switches, tables, chairs, etc...) as well as some venue connections. Maybe we could talk to him about some sort of partnership for this LAN?

As I mentioned in the i49 thread... Philadelphia is the best location. Well... NYC would be the "best" location as its a huge travel destination and something a lot of people going to the LAN (especially the euros) would love to check out. The problem with NYC is that it's waaaaay too expensive in every possible way. Most importantly, venue rental. It's going to cost a LOT of money to rent a venue in NYC, and that's going to mean higher ticket prices for attendees and that usually means fewer attendees. Hotel, parking, travel (cabs), and food are also way more expensive.

Here are some serious pros for a Philly LAN

- cheaper venue rental (lower ticket costs)
- very close to Philly international
- cheaper hotels, better parking
- lots of TF2 players already in the area (can pickup people from the airport and train/bus stations... Maybe even offer room space at their place)
- close to NYC and DC for people who want to check those places out

Also, fragile and I both know the guy who runs the GXL LANs around here and we have worked with him before. It's been a while since we had a GXL LAN due to scheduling issues, but he has all the stuff on hand we would need (servers, switches, tables, chairs, etc...) as well as some venue connections. Maybe we could talk to him about some sort of partnership for this LAN?
16 Frags +

Tampa Bay

in my house

do it

Tampa Bay

in my house

do it
3 Frags +

i49 cu @ lan

i49 cu @ lan
-1 Frags +

the middle east

the middle east
1 2 3 4
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.