Upvote Upvoted 4 Downvote Downvoted
1 2 3 4 5
Your Biggest Regrets
posted in Off Topic
3 Frags +

Hello everyone

Like all of my threads, I am unsure if anyone has made something similar in the past, so I truly apologize if there is another.

What is your biggest regret? What is something you could do but decided not to, and later felt bad for not taking the opportunity? There aren't any limits to what this could be.

Honestly, I don't have much serious things I regret, since my life has been so short (14 years) compared to the majority of the rest of the users on these forums. Even though it may seem small to your regrets, I am deathly scared of roller-coasters, mainly due to my fear of heights. I would sit back and watch friends have so much fun, and regret it so much when they told how well it went. I would build enough confidence to say that I will go and than chicken out last moment. And then I would always think of how much fun I could have.

Hello everyone

Like all of my threads, I am unsure if anyone has made something similar in the past, so I truly apologize if there is another.

What is your biggest regret? What is something you could do but decided not to, and later felt bad for not taking the opportunity? There aren't any limits to what this could be.

Honestly, I don't have much serious things I regret, since my life has been so short (14 years) compared to the majority of the rest of the users on these forums. Even though it may seem small to your regrets, I am deathly scared of roller-coasters, mainly due to my fear of heights. I would sit back and watch friends have so much fun, and regret it so much when they told how well it went. I would build enough confidence to say that I will go and than chicken out last moment. And then I would always think of how much fun I [i]could[/i] have.
50 Frags +

team fortress 2

as much as i love this game i hate the fact that i've gotten so involved with it, the community, and all that. i always feel like shit whenever i do badly because i always compare myself to other people, instead of trying to focus on having fun. i judge people for things they do even though it's on the internet and it shouldn't matter.

there are days where i will say "i'm gonna go kill myself" jokingly over doing badly, but sometimes maybe i'm halfway-serious, and honestly i can't stand the fact that i get so exceedingly depressing just because of video_games. it's so depressing to me that something like this could take over my life and make my day absolutely miserable yet joyous sometimes.

i guess i sort of regret ever playing this game. if i didn't, i might actually study, might maybe like do something with my life instead of video games. instead, here i am at 2:30 am, with an essay to write and 4 finals to study for, in this fort of escapism where i pretend there are no things to harass me from my future, my mind whispering sweet nothings to me, telling me that "YOUR GPA DOESN'T MATTER! YOUR GPA DOESN'T MATTER!" yet conflicting messages to me from all sides ultimately leave myself conflicted of what to do with myself and it's heartbreaking, knowing that i'll never excel at anything simply because i don't have the drive to and no matter how much i play i'll still always be shit at this game

my biggest regret is writing this, i had a really bad game night sorry team

team fortress 2

as much as i love this game i hate the fact that i've gotten so involved with it, the community, and all that. i always feel like shit whenever i do badly because i always compare myself to other people, instead of trying to focus on having fun. i judge people for things they do even though it's on the internet and it shouldn't matter.

there are days where i will say "i'm gonna go kill myself" jokingly over doing badly, but sometimes maybe i'm halfway-serious, and honestly i can't stand the fact that i get so exceedingly depressing just because of video_games. it's so depressing to me that something like this could take over my life and make my day absolutely miserable yet joyous sometimes.

i guess i sort of regret ever playing this game. if i didn't, i might actually study, might maybe like do something with my life instead of video games. instead, here i am at 2:30 am, with an essay to write and 4 finals to study for, in this fort of escapism where i pretend there are no things to harass me from my future, my mind whispering sweet nothings to me, telling me that "YOUR GPA DOESN'T MATTER! YOUR GPA DOESN'T MATTER!" yet conflicting messages to me from all sides ultimately leave myself conflicted of what to do with myself and it's heartbreaking, knowing that i'll never excel at anything simply because i don't have the drive to and no matter how much i play i'll still always be shit at this game

my biggest regret is writing this, i had a really bad game night sorry team
13 Frags +

coulda fuckin killed the BBEG in my dnd campaign but we fucked up and now we're screwed

coulda fuckin killed the BBEG in my dnd campaign but we fucked up and now we're screwed
15 Frags +

Not working on my art every day a little bit, even though I have all the time in the world.

Not working on my art every day a little bit, even though I have all the time in the world.
1 Frags +
industNot working on my art every day a little bit, even though I have all the time in the world.

exact same regret except with editing, i feel like days where i have the most time ill do shit all but when im really crammed for time because of school/sports/sociallife/family ill edit to make it even more crammed.

[quote=indust]Not working on my art every day a little bit, even though I have all the time in the world.[/quote]

exact same regret except with editing, i feel like days where i have the most time ill do shit all but when im really crammed for time because of school/sports/sociallife/family ill edit to make it even more crammed.
1 Frags +

Not being able to deal with things that happened over 7 years ago; never disclosing them, never getting closure until about a month ago.
I figured I was a piece of shit, not worth time, not worth thinking about. I dropped everything I enjoyed except video games, booze and "recreational" drug use. It became habitual. I dropped out of school, skipped more than a few rent payments, stopped talking with good friends (including the ones i lived with) and pretty much destroyed everything good I had going for me.
I really don't like going into this weird chain of events, but it definitely was enough to change a fella; and rarely does it go in a positive direction.

Not being able to deal with things that happened over 7 years ago; never disclosing them, never getting closure until about a month ago.
I figured I was a piece of shit, not worth time, not worth thinking about. I dropped everything I enjoyed except video games, booze and "recreational" drug use. It became habitual. I dropped out of school, skipped more than a few rent payments, stopped talking with good friends (including the ones i lived with) and pretty much destroyed everything good I had going for me.
I really don't like going into this weird chain of events, but it definitely was enough to change a fella; and rarely does it go in a positive direction.
2 Frags +

Maybe going to UCLA. I really wish I could have spent more time at home with Browny by going to my local Cal State or even community college. I can't really think of any other way to regret not having any closure about him since he just was gone the next weekend I came back home. Damn I still miss him.

Maybe going to UCLA. I really wish I could have spent more time at home with Browny by going to my local Cal State or even community college. I can't really think of any other way to regret not having any closure about him since he just was gone the next weekend I came back home. Damn I still miss him.
0 Frags +

My regrets are pretty much listed in the stupid shit you've done, although as often I regret getting in the car, I spend an equal time being glad I did since all my current friends and majority of my happy moments in life are directly after.
But 3 that weren't stupid but I regret:
Not turning my application to IMSA, would have gotten in apparently but I chose to go with my friends instead...
Not following my old "clan" in Diablo/RS into Valve games sooner... I might have actually made it to invite CS or something had we stuck together considering how many hours we used to spend together.
Sticking with Boy Scouts all the way to getting my Eagle rank. Looks good on paper, doesnt get you anything but people thinking youre an outdoors know-it-all with strict morals that people can take advantage of.
Meh I'm only 18 though so there's still hope for me to do something with my life.

My regrets are pretty much listed in the stupid shit you've done, although as often I regret getting in the car, I spend an equal time being glad I did since all my current friends and majority of my happy moments in life are directly after.
But 3 that weren't stupid but I regret:
Not turning my application to IMSA, would have gotten in apparently but I chose to go with my friends instead...
Not following my old "clan" in Diablo/RS into Valve games sooner... I might have actually made it to invite CS or something had we stuck together considering how many hours we used to spend together.
Sticking with Boy Scouts all the way to getting my Eagle rank. Looks good on paper, doesnt get you anything but people thinking youre an outdoors know-it-all with strict morals that people can take advantage of.
Meh I'm only 18 though so there's still hope for me to do something with my life.
13 Frags +

4 Frags +

I regret nothing.

Actually: I wish I had spent more time with my dad and grandpa before they got sick.

I regret nothing.

Actually: I wish I had spent more time with my dad and grandpa before they got sick.
14 Frags +

wish i could have been less scared to tell people how i actually felt before =/

wish i could have been less scared to tell people how i actually felt before =/
6 Frags +

Not listening to my instructors and making a demo reel that wasn't any good for getting a job.

For videogames: not getting into playing competitively sooner.

Also any time I ignored my mom when I was mad at her.

Not listening to my instructors and making a demo reel that wasn't any good for getting a job.

For videogames: not getting into playing competitively sooner.

Also any time I ignored my mom when I was mad at her.
3 Frags +

thanks for making me feel like shit noona

thanks for making me feel like shit noona
17 Frags +

Posting a picture of myself in TFTV

Posting a picture of myself in TFTV
0 Frags +

-

-
4 Frags +
ShikiShikiPosting a picture of myself in TFTV

you're so asian it actually hurts
so much more asian than i am

[quote=ShikiShiki]Posting a picture of myself in TFTV[/quote]
you're so asian it actually hurts
so much more asian than i am
3 Frags +

Biggest regret? Life.

But these regrets in (anyones)life no matter how much they hurt and make you lay in your bed till the early hours nagging at you - sometimes causing you to spiral into depression. Making you hope that you get so depressed that your own demise is the only way out of the constant emotional roller coaster of regrets that rolls into your mind - are learning experiences. No matter how much they bring you to your knees then finish you off with a home run swing of a bat to your face - are just learning experiences. The more you learn from them makes you stronger later in life; so strong that you'll pass your wisdom to your children. Hoping they don't make the same regrets you did.

/2deep4u

Biggest regret? Life.

But these regrets in (anyones)life no matter how much they hurt and make you lay in your bed till the early hours nagging at you - sometimes causing you to spiral into depression. Making you hope that you get so depressed that your own demise is the only way out of the constant emotional roller coaster of regrets that rolls into your mind - are learning experiences. No matter how much they bring you to your knees then finish you off with a home run swing of a bat to your face - are just learning experiences. The more you learn from them makes you stronger later in life; so strong that you'll pass your wisdom to your children. Hoping they don't make the same regrets you did.

/2deep4u
1 Frags +

tf2 and school

in tf2, i regret caring too much about how well i do. i have a lot of fun but that fun can easily be erased if i'm not playing up to my expectations. it keeps me from practicing sometimes (dm/mge) and it's a frustrating thing to deal with. i would probably be a better player if i didn't care as much.

and as for school, i regret being lazy in high school. i was hoping to be a straight A student, but that dream ended in middle school. high school came around and my laziness got pretty bad. failed 10th grade english twice due to not doing most of the work and i failed easy math classes for the same reason. if i could go back in time and do it over, knowing this would happen, i would get my shit together in an instant. and i'm procrastinating going to college. help me :(

tf2 and school

in tf2, i regret caring too much about how well i do. i have a lot of fun but that fun can easily be erased if i'm not playing up to my expectations. it keeps me from practicing sometimes (dm/mge) and it's a frustrating thing to deal with. i would probably be a better player if i didn't care as much.

and as for school, i regret being lazy in high school. i was hoping to be a straight A student, but that dream ended in middle school. high school came around and my laziness got pretty bad. failed 10th grade english twice due to not doing most of the work and i failed easy math classes for the same reason. if i could go back in time and do it over, knowing this would happen, i would get my shit together in an instant. and i'm procrastinating going to college. help me :(
0 Frags +
kirbytf2 and school

Try and get it together schoolwise. The better your study habits, you'll infinitely do better in college.

[quote=kirby]tf2 and school

and as for school, i regret being lazy in high school. i was hoping to be a straight A student, but that dream ended in middle school. high school came around and my laziness got pretty bad. failed 10th grade english twice due to not doing most of the work and i failed easy math classes for the same reason. if i could go back in time and do it over, knowing this would happen, i would get my shit together in an instant. and i'm procrastinating going to college. help me :([/quote]

Try and get it together schoolwise. The better your study habits, you'll infinitely do better in college.
1 Frags +

life: not trying in high school.

tf2: not trying to get better.

life: not trying in high school.

tf2: not trying to get better.
7 Frags +

As for my regrets: I so regret not learning social skills earlier. Now, I interact with so many girls and new people, but I just don't fit in great. I mean just tonight, I walked a girl home that was totally into me, but I had no idea what to do with it and ended up home with nothing happening. I know how to talk to people but I'n not great with people or great at interacting, and I wish I'd developed that earlier instead of learning how MMO's worked or something.

As for my regrets: I so regret not learning social skills earlier. Now, I interact with so many girls and new people, but I just don't fit in great. I mean just tonight, I walked a girl home that was totally into me, but I had no idea what to do with it and ended up home with nothing happening. I know how to talk to people but I'n not great with people or great at interacting, and I wish I'd developed that earlier instead of learning how MMO's worked or something.
23 Frags +

Not buying bitcoins 2 years ago

Not buying bitcoins 2 years ago
7 Frags +

Doing something that my father did because 'im good at it', as opposed to something else I wanted to do. He pressured me pretty hard to study & work in IT, but I decided earlier this year (after 4 years) that I was finally done with it.

Going to go University next year, so I'm slowly on the path of rectifying that.

Doing something that my father did because 'im good at it', as opposed to something else I wanted to do. He pressured me pretty hard to study & work in IT, but I decided earlier this year (after 4 years) that I was finally done with it.

Going to go University next year, so I'm slowly on the path of rectifying that.
0 Frags +

Playing highlander. But in all seriousness, probably shit grades. I'm still lazy and still get bad grades...

Playing highlander. But in all seriousness, probably shit grades. I'm still lazy and still get bad grades...
1 Frags +

As far as TF2 goes I regret maining spy. I'm serious. In like mid 2010 I started following the comp scene, when all comp tf2 had to its name was eXtine and his shitty mic, and gotfrag was a thing (that, as a casual viewer, I avoided like the plague). I played a couple lobbies as scout then decided that this game was too hard and started playing spy instead. I played a lot of spy, then made a team with my friend in s5 (blunderful). Didn't work out, stopped playing competitively and fucked around on pubs instead for a solid year and a half, and now I'm just a nameless mediocre player and I don't excel at anything at all.

I just wonder how good I could be if I had kept playing scout from mid 2010 to now, or how knowledgeable I'd be of the comp scene if I had followed it more closely. I started watching early but I didn't follow it much. It sucks to see people who have played less than me or haven't been "around" as long as I have be leagues better than me just because I never put in the time or effort to be good at a video game. What does it say about a person when they're too lazy to get good at playing video games?

As far as TF2 goes I regret maining spy. I'm serious. In like mid 2010 I started following the comp scene, when all comp tf2 had to its name was eXtine and his shitty mic, and gotfrag was a thing (that, as a casual viewer, I avoided like the [i]plague[/i]). I played a couple lobbies as scout then decided that this game was too hard and started playing spy instead. I played a lot of spy, then made a team with my friend in s5 (blunderful). Didn't work out, stopped playing competitively and fucked around on pubs instead for a solid year and a half, and now I'm just a nameless mediocre player and I don't excel at anything at all.

I just wonder how good I could be if I had kept playing scout from mid 2010 to now, or how knowledgeable I'd be of the comp scene if I had followed it more closely. I started watching early but I didn't follow it much. It sucks to see people who have played less than me or haven't been "around" as long as I have be leagues better than me just because I never put in the time or effort to be good at a video game. What does it say about a person when they're too lazy to get good at playing video games?
0 Frags +

Putting so much time into this game and still being bad at it.
Putting less time into other games and managing to do well in them.
Being too embarrassed to join an IRC channel full of friends anymore due to being the worst "artist" out of all of them, and being jealous of their art.
Not practicing said art.
Not learning all the things I want to learn.
The fact that the only class I can play at a competitive skill level is my main, and everything else is shit.
People that started playing competitive later than I did are eons ahead of me in terms of skill, connections, and futures, and it will remain that way forever.
Looking back on my life and realizing the only social skills I have are making an ass of myself in an attempt to make people laugh.

Putting so much time into this game and still being bad at it.
Putting less time into other games and managing to do well in them.
Being too embarrassed to join an IRC channel full of friends anymore due to being the worst "artist" out of all of them, and being jealous of their art.
Not practicing said art.
Not learning all the things I want to learn.
The fact that the only class I can play at a competitive skill level is my main, and everything else is shit.
People that started playing competitive later than I did are eons ahead of me in terms of skill, connections, and futures, and it will remain that way forever.
Looking back on my life and realizing the only social skills I have are making an ass of myself in an attempt to make people laugh.
-24 Frags +

itt everyone posts nobody reads

itt everyone posts nobody reads
3 Frags +

My biggest regret is studying Chemistry in the university instead of trying to become a Preschool/Elementary school teacher. It's not like I hate chemistry (I like it and if everything goes well, I will finish my degree next year), but when you see a kid grow (learn the alphabet, start writing and reading, simple math operations, etc.) knowing that you were helping him/her with all that, it's the best feeling ever.

My biggest regret is studying Chemistry in the university instead of trying to become a Preschool/Elementary school teacher. It's not like I hate chemistry (I like it and if everything goes well, I will finish my degree next year), but when you see a kid grow (learn the alphabet, start writing and reading, simple math operations, etc.) knowing that you were helping him/her with all that, it's the best feeling ever.
38 Frags +
wafflebitt everyone posts nobody reads

itt the angsty teenage girl continues to spout off snarky bullshit so people will still pay attention to her

[quote=waffleb]itt everyone posts nobody reads[/quote]

itt the angsty teenage girl continues to spout off snarky bullshit so people will still pay attention to her
-22 Frags +

ur hurting my feelgns please stop :oC

my biggest regret is making yu anger my ego will never be the same

ur hurting my feelgns please stop :oC

my biggest regret is making yu anger my ego will never be the same
1 2 3 4 5
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.