1 ⋅⋅ 8 9 10 11 12
meatshot 8) vol. 5
4 Frags +

are you dense?
you need to have proprietary software to have a good anticheat

are you dense?
0 Frags +

i personally see anticheats like antiviruses almost because they operate with similar goals, to stop the bad guy. the bad guy is always going to be a little ahead because by their very nature, anticheats/antiviruses are reactive and need to be able to pick up on what the bad guy is doing. while open sourcing the anticheat will allow the cheat makers to look at what the ac is trying to do to detect it, even if the anticheat was not closed source, the cheat makers will manage to make it so that it's undetectable until someone gets the anticheat team a copy of the cheat so they can look at what exactly it does to try and defeat it. an open source anticheat can work as long as the team working on it is diligent and uses good methods to detect things that cheats commonly do etc instead of just reacting to each cheat as it comes out. just like how clamav is a perfectly fine open source antivirus.

i personally see anticheats like antiviruses almost because they operate with similar goals, to stop the bad guy. the bad guy is always going to be a little ahead because by their very nature, anticheats/antiviruses are reactive and need to be able to pick up on what the bad guy is doing. while open sourcing the anticheat will allow the cheat makers to look at what the ac is trying to do to detect it, even if the anticheat was not closed source, the cheat makers will manage to make it so that it's undetectable until someone gets the anticheat team a copy of the cheat so they can look at what exactly it does to try and defeat it. an open source anticheat can work as long as the team working on it is diligent and uses good methods to detect things that cheats commonly do etc instead of just reacting to each cheat as it comes out. just like how clamav is a perfectly fine open source antivirus.
6 Frags +
PapaSmurf323are you dense?

That's backwards. etf2l has the best anti-cheat with no client. ESEA client's anti-cheat was rubbish, basically just placebo.

[quote=PapaSmurf323]are you dense?
you need to have proprietary software to have a good anticheat[/quote]

That's backwards. etf2l has the best anti-cheat with no client. ESEA client's anti-cheat was rubbish, basically just placebo.
2 Frags +
ESEA client's anti-cheat was rubbish, basically just placebo.

http://teamfortress.tv/forum/thread/13977-current-csgo-invite-player-esea-banned/2#post-226763

are you dense?

[quote]ESEA client's anti-cheat was rubbish, basically just placebo.[/quote]

http://teamfortress.tv/forum/thread/13977-current-csgo-invite-player-esea-banned/2#post-226763

are you dense?
2 Frags +

etf2l ac cant even decide on whether or not to ban people who apparently have 2000+ apm on scout or people who noscope bodyshot admins in pugs

nice tryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

etf2l ac cant even decide on whether or not to ban people who apparently have 2000+ apm on scout or people who noscope bodyshot admins in pugs

nice tryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
14 Frags +

Unfortunately it was so busy catching cheaters in cs that it failed to ever catch a cheater in tf2.

Unfortunately it was so busy catching cheaters in cs that it failed to ever catch a cheater in tf2.
-1 Frags +
StPatrickUnfortunately it was so busy catching cheaters in cs that it failed to ever catch a cheater in tf2.

It caught jmk when I was on Arc's xensity in Open. Had to be a starter because of it.

[quote=StPatrick]Unfortunately it was so busy catching cheaters in cs that it failed to ever catch a cheater in tf2.[/quote]
It caught jmk when I was on Arc's xensity in Open. Had to be a starter because of it.
10 Frags +

ah yes the low open medic who all of the sudden was the best sniper the world had ever seen

just like sg

ah yes the low open medic who all of the sudden was the best sniper the world had ever seen

just like sg
0 Frags +

space good at sniper

ahahahahahahahahahaha

space good at sniper

ahahahahahahahahahaha
-8 Frags +
nerkul

http://i.imgur.com/0K7Gi.gif

[quote=nerkul]

That's backwards. [b]etf2l has the best anti-cheat with no client.[/b] ESEA client's anti-cheat was rubbish, basically just placebo.[/quote]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/0K7Gi.gif[/img]
0 Frags +

Is there any way to remove/unhook the bitcoin mining code outside of a reformat? Was the malicious code ever specifically delineated at any point in that court document?

Is there any way to remove/unhook the bitcoin mining code outside of a reformat? Was the malicious code ever specifically delineated at any point in that court document?
3 Frags +
svfreyIs there any way to remove/unhook the bitcoin mining code outside of a reformat? Was the malicious code ever specifically delineated at any point in that court document?

Per lpkane words.

If you're are not happy with eseas client you can "delete the client, and format"

[quote=svfrey]Is there any way to remove/unhook the bitcoin mining code outside of a reformat? Was the malicious code ever specifically delineated at any point in that court document?[/quote]

Per lpkane words.

If you're are not happy with eseas client you can "delete the client, and format"
0 Frags +

the bitcoin code was only in there for a few days/weeks over this summer and was then removed.

The rest of the malware allegations are up in the air as to whether or not it's actually malicious, and it'd be pretty stupid of them to actually use it maliciously because it'd destroy 10 years of building a business.

the bitcoin code was only in there for a few days/weeks over this summer and was then removed.

The rest of the malware allegations are up in the air as to whether or not it's actually malicious, and it'd be pretty stupid of them to actually use it maliciously because it'd destroy 10 years of building a business.
-7 Frags +
- On or about April 3, 2013, ESEA, through its employees, further created code to
monitor the programs that ESEA end-users ran on their computers, even when those end-userswere not using ESEA services and the ESEA Software was not turned on ("ESEA Monitoring
Code").

- To play on ESEA hosted game servers, end-users must download and install
ESEA Software onto their computers. Once installed, the ESEA Software enables ESEA full
administrative access of end-users' computers.

- At least defendants Hunczak and Thunberg had fuIl administrative access to all
end-users' computers. The ESEA Software enabled Defendants to not only monitor end-user
computer activity but also view and upload any and all end-users' computer files.

- The ESEA Monitoring Code monitored computer activity even
when end-users were not using ESEA services and the ESEA Software was not turned on. ESEA
concealed the ESEA Monitoring Code in the ESEA Software driver on end-users' computers.
ESEA also programed the ESEA Software to reload the ESEA Monitoring Code even if end-users attempted to "unload" the driver.

- Prior to implementation, Thunberg approved the ESEA Monitoring Code and
allowed the ESEA Monitoring Code to be place on end-users' computers via the ESEA
Software.

- In at least several instances, ESEA employees used the ESEA Software to copy
files from ESEA end-users' computers.

- Once executed and running on end-users' computers, the ESEA Bitcoin Mining
Code was set to mine for bitcoins only when end-users' were away from their computer. Among
other methods, the code detected whether end-users were active on their computers by
monitoring end-users' mouse movements and/or mouse location.

- Defendant Hunczak created at least four bitcoin wallet addresSes where he
deposited bitcoiàs mined from the ESEA Botnet.

- Defendant Hunczak then sold the bitcoins from the ESEA Botnet, converting the
bitcoins into U.S. dollars. The proceeds were then deposited into Hunczak's personal bank
account.

http://nj.gov/oag/newsreleases13/E-Sports_Complaint_Consent-Judgment.pdf

Eric "lpkane" Thunberg
Sean "jaguar" Hunczak
Craig "Torbull" Levine

All we wanted was to reschedule a match..

lmfao

[quote]- On or about April 3, 2013, ESEA, through its employees, further created code to
monitor the programs that ESEA end-users ran on their computers, even when those end-userswere not using ESEA services and the ESEA Software was not turned on ("ESEA Monitoring
Code").

- To play on ESEA hosted game servers, end-users must download and install
ESEA Software onto their computers. Once installed, the ESEA Software enables ESEA full
administrative access of end-users' computers.

- At least defendants Hunczak and Thunberg had fuIl administrative access to all
end-users' computers. The ESEA Software enabled Defendants to not only monitor end-user
computer activity but also view and upload any and all end-users' computer files.

- The ESEA Monitoring Code monitored computer activity even
when end-users were not using ESEA services and the ESEA Software was not turned on. ESEA
concealed the ESEA Monitoring Code in the ESEA Software driver on end-users' computers.
ESEA also programed the ESEA Software to reload the ESEA Monitoring Code even if end-users attempted to "unload" the driver.

- Prior to implementation, Thunberg approved the ESEA Monitoring Code and
allowed the ESEA Monitoring Code to be place on end-users' computers via the ESEA
Software.

- In at least several instances, ESEA employees used the ESEA Software to copy
files from ESEA end-users' computers.

- Once executed and running on end-users' computers, the ESEA Bitcoin Mining
Code was set to mine for bitcoins only when end-users' were away from their computer. Among
other methods, the code detected whether end-users were active on their computers by
monitoring end-users' mouse movements and/or mouse location.

- Defendant Hunczak created at least four bitcoin wallet addresSes where he
deposited bitcoiàs mined from the ESEA Botnet.

- Defendant Hunczak then sold the bitcoins from the ESEA Botnet, converting the
bitcoins into U.S. dollars. The proceeds were then deposited into Hunczak's personal bank
account.

http://nj.gov/oag/newsreleases13/E-Sports_Complaint_Consent-Judgment.pdf

Eric "lpkane" Thunberg
Sean "jaguar" Hunczak
Craig "Torbull" Levine

All we wanted was to reschedule a match..[/quote]
lmfao
2 Frags +
Marxistthe bitcoin code was only in there for a few days/weeks over this summer and was then removed.

Really? Because the New Jersey settlement is pretty damn clear. "Full administrative access to all
computer activity but also view and upload any and all end-users' computer files."

If none of this had happened it would also be pretty stupid for ESEA to do something like this eh? So stupidity isn't a reason to think they weren't abusing this. BRB, reformatting my computer...

[quote=Marxist]the bitcoin code was only in there for a few days/weeks over this summer and was then removed.

The rest of the malware allegations are up in the air as to whether or not it's actually malicious, and it'd be pretty stupid of them to actually use it maliciously because it'd destroy 10 years of building a business.[/quote]

Really? Because the New Jersey settlement is pretty damn clear. "Full administrative access to all
computer activity but also view and upload any and all end-users' computer files."

If none of this had happened it would also be pretty stupid for ESEA to do something like this eh? So stupidity isn't a reason to think they weren't abusing this. BRB, reformatting my computer...
4 Frags +

Lets get a couple things clear
ESEA is uploading binaries from flagged accounts for cheating so they can reverse engineer them. They need kernel access to detect organner style cheats. Vac can upload files and send them to valve. Better boycott valve as well guys.

http://www.unknowncheats.me/forum/anti-cheat-bypass/99787-yet-another-vac3-module.html#post844872

The ESEA Monitoring Code was approved because of the pressure from the cs community to detect organner. It fits the timetable of when it was approved.

lets not forget that tf2 community was not effected by bitcoin mining.

raped with ease

Lets get a couple things clear
ESEA is uploading binaries from flagged accounts for cheating so they can reverse engineer them. They need kernel access to detect organner style cheats. Vac can upload files and send them to valve. Better boycott valve as well guys.

http://www.unknowncheats.me/forum/anti-cheat-bypass/99787-yet-another-vac3-module.html#post844872

The ESEA Monitoring Code was approved because of the pressure from the cs community to detect organner. It fits the timetable of when it was approved.

raped with ease
2 Frags +
PapaSmurf323Lets get a couple things clear

raped with ease

did they ever make an official announcement that this was added/add it to the TOS/anything to let us know that this was in the client?

[quote=PapaSmurf323]Lets get a couple things clear

raped with ease[/quote]

did they ever make an official announcement that this was added/add it to the TOS/anything to let us know that this was in the client?
-3 Frags +

Would you mind posting that in other threads.

Would you mind posting that in other threads.
0 Frags +

no...why would you let cheat makers know that you were adding something like this. vac didnt put out a TOS either. which thread

no...why would you let cheat makers know that you were adding something like this. vac didnt put out a TOS either. which thread
0 Frags +

all 10 of them please

all 10 of them please
-1 Frags +

Actually it doesn't matter since we're bumping this thread.

Actually it doesn't matter since we're bumping this thread.
-7 Frags +

So this officially makes the last 2 days about literally nothing then, right?

So this officially makes the last 2 days about literally nothing then, right?
15 Frags +

Doesn't change the fact that they're a shady company who treats their customers like trash and operates under the assumption that we need them more than they need us. Doesn't erase the bitcoin mining. Doesn't change the countless times that we are forced to play on their client and reschedule matches, even though the client literally does not catch tf2 cheaters. Esea might work fine for cs, and those players should stick with it. Tf2 should go in another direction. The fact that we talk about this every season should be reason enough to actually do something about it and not an indication that we aren't going to do anything about it. And don't even get me started on lpkane.

Doesn't change the fact that they're a shady company who treats their customers like trash and operates under the assumption that we need them more than they need us. Doesn't erase the bitcoin mining. Doesn't change the countless times that we are forced to play on their client and reschedule matches, even though the client literally does not catch tf2 cheaters. Esea might work fine for cs, and those players should stick with it. Tf2 should go in another direction. The fact that we talk about this every season should be reason enough to actually do something about it and not an indication that we aren't going to do anything about it. And don't even get me started on lpkane.
10 Frags +

there are valid reason to be mad at esea

there are valid reason to be mad at esea
9 Frags +
PapaSmurf323Lets get a couple things clear

raped with ease

- Settle off court with a statement that clearly says that the company had access to the players computer and personal files at any time.
- Never mention it on ESEAs official statement
- Ban anyone who mentions it or criticises no explanation on that matter on their site
- Not even trying to refute that statement

Yeah let's puts blind trust in ESEA again, just one more opportunity guys, please it's the love of my life, I can't find anyone that loves me more than ESEA, it will get better i promise.

God dammit you guys are masochists

[quote=PapaSmurf323]Lets get a couple things clear

raped with ease[/quote]

- Settle off court with a statement that clearly says that the company had access to the players computer and personal files at any time.
- Ban anyone who mentions it or criticises no explanation on that matter on their site

Yeah let's puts blind trust in ESEA again,[i] just one more opportunity guys, please it's the love of my life, I can't find anyone that loves me more than ESEA, it will get better i promise.
[/i]

-3 Frags +
Kaneco

Yeah let's puts blind trust in ESEA again, just one more opportunity guys, please it's the love of my life, I can't find anyone that loves me more than ESEA, it will get better i promise.

Anytime a case can be settled out of court at reasonable terms it is. This isn't a shady practice, it's standard. It saves a lot of time and money for both parties involved.

It's not mentioned in an official statement because it's a normal part of anti-cheat software. Legalese is intended to remove ambiguity, not improve clarity. Believe it or not those are two different things in legalese, but that's why they call it legalese. My point is that the language used to describe the process sounds much more malicious and independent of the normal anti-cheat software than it is.

I can't speak for the bans at all, I don't know anything about them.

You can call me a devils advocate or whatever.

There is not one post in the ~40 pages of threads about this that says "I like ESEA." Literally 0 people think ESEA is actually good. This is only between people who think that it's our only option for serious competition and people who want to break off and start or join a new league.

Nobody is blindly trusting ESEA, and nobody is declaring love for them.

There are just people accepting that and tolerating them, and people refusing to. Except then those people sign back up for next season too.

[quote=Kaneco]

Yeah let's puts blind trust in ESEA again,[i] just one more opportunity guys, please it's the love of my life, I can't find anyone that loves me more than ESEA, it will get better i promise.
[/i]

God dammit you guys are masochists[/quote]

Anytime a case can be settled out of court at reasonable terms it is. This isn't a shady practice, it's standard. It saves a lot of time and money for both parties involved.

It's not mentioned in an official statement because it's a normal part of anti-cheat software. Legalese is intended to remove ambiguity, not improve clarity. Believe it or not those are two different things in legalese, but that's why they call it legalese. My point is that the language used to describe the process sounds much more malicious and independent of the normal anti-cheat software than it is.

I can't speak for the bans at all, I don't know anything about them.

You can call me a devils advocate or whatever.

There is not one post in the ~40 pages of threads about this that says "I like ESEA." Literally 0 people think ESEA is actually good. This is only between people who think that it's our only option for serious competition and people who want to break off and start or join a new league.

Nobody is blindly trusting ESEA, and nobody is declaring love for them.

There are just people accepting that and tolerating them, and people refusing to. Except then those people sign back up for next season too.
10 Frags +

lpkane clearly banned multiple people for 10 years for arguing with him in the thread under the announcement. fzero being one of them.

lpkane clearly banned multiple people for 10 years for arguing with him in the thread under the announcement. fzero being one of them.
7 Frags +

Fuck ESEA..

Fuck ESEA..
-1 Frags +

Those cheat developers seem like nice people. :(

Those cheat developers seem like nice people. :(
2 Frags +
PapaSmurf323are you dense?

Hiding what you're doing is one of the worst ways to write secure software. You are just hoping your software is secure/doing what you intend because people don't know how it does it, rather than it actually being well written.

[quote=PapaSmurf323]are you dense?
you need to have proprietary software to have a good anticheat[/quote]

Hiding what you're doing is one of the worst ways to write secure software. You are just hoping your software is secure/doing what you intend because people don't know how it does it, rather than it actually being well written.
1 ⋅⋅ 8 9 10 11 12
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.