Upvote Upvoted 3 Downvote Downvoted
I can't speak to anyone in game
posted in Q/A Help
0 Frags +

My TF2 has been like this for a while. When I press "V" it shows the speech bubble with the exclamation mark in it however once I remove stop pressing it, it won't go away. I asked my friends if they could hear me in the game, they said no. We went on an all-talk server and I couldn't hear him either. Odd. I'm using Chris's dx9 frames config. If that adds any detail to it.

Thanks

My TF2 has been like this for a while. When I press "V" it shows the speech bubble with the exclamation mark in it however once I remove stop pressing it, it won't go away. I asked my friends if they could hear me in the game, they said no. We went on an all-talk server and I couldn't hear him either. Odd. I'm using Chris's dx9 frames config. If that adds any detail to it.

Thanks
4 Frags +

there're a bunch of cvars you can check. Check that your V key is bound to "+voicerecord" and you have "voice_enable 1" set. Those shouldn't produce your symptoms but that's all I know of for in-game stuff so, you know, give it a shot.
For out of game help we'd have to know your OS.

there're a bunch of cvars you can check. Check that your V key is bound to "+voicerecord" and you have "voice_enable 1" set. Those shouldn't produce your symptoms but that's all I know of for in-game stuff so, you know, give it a shot.
For out of game help we'd have to know your OS.
0 Frags +

voice_enable 1 i think

voice_enable 1 i think
1 Frags +

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't show the voice bubble if you had this wrong, but try
voice_enable 1

Also, I'm 90% sure that TF2 uses your steam voice settings too. Go to steam settings and go to the voice tab, make sure all your settings there are correct. Try testing your mic there as well.

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't show the voice bubble if you had this wrong, but try
voice_enable 1

Also, I'm 90% sure that TF2 uses your steam voice settings too. Go to steam settings and go to the voice tab, make sure all your settings there are correct. Try testing your mic there as well.
3 Frags +

it won't show the bubble with voice_enable 0 at all

it won't show the bubble with voice_enable 0 at all
1 Frags +

I think it's a client side issue caused by the key being stuck down. It happened to me and all you can do is ignore it or fix the key/get a new keyboard.

I think it's a client side issue caused by the key being stuck down. It happened to me and all you can do is ignore it or fix the key/get a new keyboard.
1 Frags +
reillyI'm pretty sure it wouldn't show the voice bubble if you had this wrong, but try
voice_enable 1

another thing about steam, if you make a call to someone over steam, that sometimes fixes your tf2 voice.

[quote=reilly]I'm pretty sure it wouldn't show the voice bubble if you had this wrong, but try
voice_enable 1

Also, I'm 90% sure that TF2 uses your steam voice settings too. Go to steam settings and go to the voice tab, make sure all your settings there are correct. Try testing your mic there as well.[/quote]

another thing about steam, if you make a call to someone over steam, that sometimes fixes your tf2 voice.
0 Frags +

Me and a friend noticed this happening recently, turned out it's being caused by the plugin we had installed. (Casual's Open Plugin).

If you have any plugins installed, they might be causing it.

Me and a friend noticed this happening recently, turned out it's being caused by the plugin we had installed. (Casual's Open Plugin).

If you have any plugins installed, they might be causing it.
0 Frags +

Changed my mind, it's the plugin.

Changed my mind, it's the plugin.
0 Frags +

It's OpenPlugin

It's OpenPlugin
4 Frags +

caused by openplugin as mentioned, heres how to fix it

make a cfg file in your tf/cfg called 'voice'

paste this in it

volume 0.2 //(or whatever you use)
snd_musicvolume 0 //(again)
windows_speaker_config 4
snd_legacy_surround 0
snd_pitchquality 0
snd_mixahead 0.05
snd_ducktovolume 0.55
snd_duckerattacktime 0.5
snd_duckerreleasetime 2.5
snd_duckerthreshold 0.15
snd_mix_async 1
snd_mute_losefocus 1
snd_surround_speakers 2
adsp_debug 0
dsp_slow_cpu 1
dsp_volume 1.0
dsp_enhance_stereo 0

then somewhere in your autoexec put

exec voice

this should fix it

caused by openplugin as mentioned, heres how to fix it

paste this in it

[code]volume 0.2 //(or whatever you use)
windows_speaker_config 4
snd_legacy_surround 0
snd_pitchquality 0
snd_mixahead 0.05
snd_ducktovolume 0.55
snd_duckerattacktime 0.5
snd_duckerthreshold 0.15
snd_mix_async 1
snd_mute_losefocus 1
snd_surround_speakers 2
adsp_debug 0
dsp_slow_cpu 1
dsp_volume 1.0
dsp_enhance_stereo 0[/code]

[code]exec voice[/code]

this should fix it
3 Frags +
scrabcaused by openplugin as mentioned, heres how to fix it

paste this in it
volume 0.2 //(or whatever you use)
windows_speaker_config 4
snd_legacy_surround 0
snd_pitchquality 0
snd_mixahead 0.05
snd_ducktovolume 0.55
snd_duckerattacktime 0.5
snd_duckerthreshold 0.15
snd_mix_async 1
snd_mute_losefocus 1
snd_surround_speakers 2
adsp_debug 0
dsp_slow_cpu 1
dsp_volume 1.0
dsp_enhance_stereo 0

exec voice

this should fix it

Thanks you so much, I had open plugin on :P

[quote=scrab]caused by openplugin as mentioned, heres how to fix it

paste this in it

[code]volume 0.2 //(or whatever you use)
windows_speaker_config 4
snd_legacy_surround 0
snd_pitchquality 0
snd_mixahead 0.05
snd_ducktovolume 0.55
snd_duckerattacktime 0.5
snd_duckerthreshold 0.15
snd_mix_async 1
snd_mute_losefocus 1
snd_surround_speakers 2
adsp_debug 0
dsp_slow_cpu 1
dsp_volume 1.0
dsp_enhance_stereo 0[/code]

[code]exec voice[/code]

this should fix it[/quote]
Thanks you so much, I had open plugin on :P
-16 Frags +

I don't know how to do all that stuff, can you please explain how?

I don't know how to do all that stuff, can you please explain how?
9 Frags +
Bob_From-WalmartI don't know how to do all that stuff, can you please explain how?

http://puu.sh/lesgX/cad16605b3.png

[quote=Bob_From-Walmart]I don't know how to do all that stuff, can you please explain how?[/quote]

[img]http://puu.sh/lesgX/cad16605b3.png[/img]
1 Frags +

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5TpZmkqIGA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5TpZmkqIGA
-4 Frags +

Yep thats me.

Yep thats me.
-11 Frags +

Sometimes the servers couldn't recognize the problems raised in the game. You have to check the fullassignmenthelp writing service review about game instructions before going to play the game. Most of the games are strucked due to heavy usage.

Sometimes the servers couldn't recognize the problems raised in the game. You have to check the [url=http://bestbritishwriter.com/fullassignmenthelp-co-uk-review/]fullassignmenthelp writing service review[/url] about game instructions before going to play the game. Most of the games are strucked due to heavy usage.
16 Frags +
CharlesGladstoneSometimes the servers couldn't recognize the problems raised in the game. You have to check the fullassignmenthelp writing service review about game instructions before going to play the game. Most of the games are strucked due to heavy usage.

What the fuck

[quote=CharlesGladstone]Sometimes the servers couldn't recognize the problems raised in the game. You have to check the [url=http://bestbritishwriter.com/fullassignmenthelp-co-uk-review/]fullassignmenthelp writing service review[/url] about game instructions before going to play the game. Most of the games are strucked due to heavy usage.[/quote]
What the fuck
10 Frags +

http://i.imgur.com/gqwAt0w.jpg

z z z

[img]http://i.imgur.com/gqwAt0w.jpg[/img]
z z z
7 Frags +

I just realized that these bots have to not only make a tftv account but a steam account as well.
That's 2 accounts u have to make just to get banned on a competitive tf2 forum after posting once

I just realized that these bots have to not only make a tftv account but a steam account as well.
That's 2 accounts u have to make just to get banned on a competitive tf2 forum after posting once
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.