Upvote Upvoted 5 Downvote Downvoted
Embed twitch chat on stream
4 Frags +

Back with another implementation of things with the OBS Browser Source Plugin.

Put http://twitch.tv/chat/embed?channel=YOURCHANNELGOESHERE&popout_chat=true in as the URL. Put in whatever size you want the chat to be on your stream in the dimensions.

In the custom style, put this beneath the two lines about scrollbars and background:

#speak {display:none} /* hides the message entry line */

body{font-size:16px; font-weight: bold; color:white} /* increases the font size, sets it to bold and white */

#small_notice{display:none!important} /* hides the warning about using chat at low resolutions */

.line .tag {height:16px; min-width:0px !important; width:16px !important; background-size:16px 16px; vertical-align:baseline} /* shrinks the chat user badges. use display:none to hide them */

.nick {color:grey!important} /* optional: set all chat usernames to one colour */

You might need to change the font-size value up or down depending on your resolution. Don't have my PC to test this on a stream but it should work based on the web dev tools I've used in my desktop browser.

Other adventures in OBS:
Clean logs.tf display on stream
indiegogo donor list script

Back with another implementation of things with the [url=https://obsproject.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3284]OBS Browser Source Plugin[/url].

Put http://twitch.tv/chat/embed?channel=YOURCHANNELGOESHERE&popout_chat=true in as the URL. Put in whatever size you want the chat to be on your stream in the dimensions.

In the custom style, put this beneath the two lines about scrollbars and background:

[code]#speak {display:none} /* hides the message entry line */

body{font-size:16px; font-weight: bold; color:white} /* increases the font size, sets it to bold and white */

#small_notice{display:none!important} /* hides the warning about using chat at low resolutions */

.line .tag {height:16px; min-width:0px !important; width:16px !important; background-size:16px 16px; vertical-align:baseline} /* shrinks the chat user badges. use display:none to hide them */

.nick {color:grey!important} /* optional: set all chat usernames to one colour */
[/code]

You might need to change the font-size value up or down depending on your resolution. Don't have my PC to test this on a stream but it should work based on the web dev tools I've used in my desktop browser.

Other adventures in OBS:
[url=/forum/thread/8513]Clean logs.tf display on stream[/url]
[url=/forum/thread/8474]indiegogo donor list script[/url]
0 Frags +

can someone confirm if this works? i thought this was only available with dual monitors, but it should would be great if us single monitor guys could do it.

can someone confirm if this works? i thought this was only available with dual monitors, but it should would be great if us single monitor guys could do it.
29 Frags +

i've thought about doing this for something like dayz but not sure if people like it for tf2.

vote here:
+ frag me if you like chat on stream
- frag if you don't

i've thought about doing this for something like dayz but not sure if people like it for tf2.

vote here:
- frag if you don't
1 Frags +
Bolshevikcan someone confirm if this works? i thought this was only available with dual monitors, but it should would be great if us single monitor guys could do it.

Er, just try it out?

seanbudi've thought about doing this for something like dayz but not sure if people like it for tf2.

vote here:
- frag if you don't

I think it would be ideal for streams with high user-interaction such as yours.

[quote=Bolshevik]can someone confirm if this works? i thought this was only available with dual monitors, but it should would be great if us single monitor guys could do it.[/quote]

Er, just try it out?

[quote=seanbud]i've thought about doing this for something like dayz but not sure if people like it for tf2.

vote here:
- frag if you don't[/quote]

I think it would be ideal for streams with high user-interaction such as yours.
1 Frags +
atmoEr, just try it out?

I'm not home to try it out :/

[quote=atmo]Er, just try it out?[/quote]
I'm not home to try it out :/
0 Frags +

Awesome. If this works then it'll make life much easier for single monitor users. Thanks

Awesome. If this works then it'll make life much easier for single monitor users. Thanks
12 Frags +

dear atmo,

i wanan touch ur but

sincerely cordially yours,
lange

dear atmo,

i wanan touch ur but

[s]sincerely[/s] cordially yours,
lange
3 Frags +

CSS: all it takes to make you attractive to men

CSS: all it takes to make you attractive to men
0 Frags +

Some guy in the OBS thread is having the same problem as I am, that the chat never actually loads. It seems as if the plugin is having some problems/being non-optimal with loading some types of websites.

Some guy in the OBS thread is having the same problem as I am, that the chat never actually loads. It seems as if the plugin is having some problems/being non-optimal with loading some types of websites.
0 Frags +

wait so it doesn't work? heh. Well it looks like twitch are on the case.

wait so it doesn't work? heh. Well it looks like twitch are on the case.
0 Frags +
atmowait so it doesn't work? heh. Well it looks like twitch are on the case.

I mean I may be in the minority. Has anyone else actually tried it yet?

[quote=atmo]wait so it doesn't work? heh. Well it looks like twitch are on the case.[/quote]

I mean I may be in the minority. Has anyone else actually tried it yet?
1 Frags +

Screenshots? I'm dumb and lazy. If it looks better than what I use already this would be sweet.

Screenshots? I'm dumb and lazy. If it looks better than what I use already this would be sweet.
0 Frags +

Sorry for bumping an older thread.

Atmo, have you looked at the experimental version of the program the guy made to integrate twitch chat?

I don't know much about the program or CSS so I am at a bit of a lose on how to test it and to actually set up the chat.

Sorry for bumping an older thread.

Atmo, have you looked at the experimental version of the program the guy made to integrate twitch chat?

I don't know much about the program or CSS so I am at a bit of a lose on how to test it and to actually set up the chat.
0 Frags +

I saw faruton (the dev) talking about it, but haven't given it a shot yet.

I saw faruton (the dev) talking about it, but haven't given it a shot yet.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.