STOP EATING LIKE A NOOB
5 Frags +

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9mvXfnY8wU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9mvXfnY8wU
7 Frags +

play tf2 for thousands of hours

play tf2 for thousands of hours
1 Frags +

Play more tf2 than could possibly be healthy interspersed with quake live instagib.

Play more tf2 than could possibly be healthy interspersed with quake live instagib.
2 Frags +

Watch this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svCmXhYxMGc

Then build on what you learned with this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gIJL6lT_7Y
You could also watch his new version, but I feel like he explains a lot in his old one.

Watch this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svCmXhYxMGc

Then build on what you learned with this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gIJL6lT_7Y
You could also watch his new version, but I feel like he explains a lot in his old one.
1 Frags +

http://www.ugcleague.com/forum/showthread.php?6149-vhalin-s-guide-and-walkthrough-to-improving-your-aim

http://www.ugcleague.com/forum/showthread.php?6149-vhalin-s-guide-and-walkthrough-to-improving-your-aim
23 Frags +

0 Frags +

ty guys gonna try that all :)

ty guys gonna try that all :)
14 Frags +

1. get really good at offclassing
2. play roamer
3. be the worst human being in the entire history of tf2

1. get really good at offclassing
2. play roamer
0 Frags +

this really helped me when i was looking for anything to improve my aim.
http://aim400kg.ru/en/

this really helped me when i was looking for anything to improve my aim.
http://aim400kg.ru/en/
27 Frags +
Saber1. get really good at offclassing
2. play roamer

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47110260/mangachu.png

[quote=Saber]1. get really good at offclassing
2. play roamer
3. be the worst human being in the entire history of tf2[/quote]

[img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47110260/mangachu.png[/img]
74 Frags +
mghughlaurieplay tf2 for thousands of hours

not necessarily true. while doing anything for an elongated period of time will help you get more efficient-- the only way to ensure timely improvement is to enjoy yourself and have a goal while doing so. self improvement is solely your responsibility, so use your time wisely. what i have found is as you continue to work on movement, it will supplement your aim. now your movement is based off of several things; what, where and how many you're fighting. while 1v1 scenarios hardly ever arise, it's good to know that each class requires different movement to counter.

against scouts, mirroring is usually the most reliable form of aim supplementing movement. nothing works 100% of the time and nothing is fool proof so make sure to have more than one card up your sleeve in regards to how you take on 1v1s. try slowing down your shots. most people get in the habit of firing their scatter as soon as a shot is available but as scouts and brothers in arms we must break this habit. think about each shot before you take it. you may say "but if he doesn't wait between each shot and he hits me every time, won't he kill me first if i line up each shot?". if that's the case, analyze your movement, are you making too many wide strafes? are you holding down one key for too long? even the 'best scouts in the game' can miss an entire clip sometimes. people miss the most shots when they get too excited about a kill. i cannot recall how many medic flanks i've botched by getting too anxious about the kill and whiffing 2-3 shots. just relax, take a deep breath and line each shot up until it becomes natural and you turn into a man-scout-machine.

against soldiers, you'll find that the majority do not even 'aim'. they will instinctively fire where they think you will go. the answer is fairly straight forward to this one, simply be one step ahead of your enemy and do not go there. if you encounter/trade shots with a soldier and get knocked down to sub 50 hp, your first instinct will be to run or find the nearest medpack. do the opposite. rush into him between rockets and either finish him or blow him up on his own splash. getting comfortable fighting soldiers can take time. recognize positional advantages, his available ammo and eating splash from his own rockets. in time, soldiers will melt by your scattergun.

against demos, most people will forget that there are two dimensions of movement and this is what causes their unnerving death time and time again. demos rely on positioning themselves such that they can shut down areas (with stickies) or small 'imaginary' corridors with pills. each pill can be used as a short area denial making it impossible to chase demos down when they are not out in the open. you can neutralize this area denial by utilizing backwards/forwards movement as well as left/right movement. be patient when fighting a demo as a lack of patience and a rush for the kill will oftentimes get you killed. waste their ammo dodging in TWO DIMENSIONS (believe it) then move in. delaying or strafing outward will throw a demo off usually as pills/sticks require more prediction than rockets. they will almost always unload their arsenal in the shortest possible distance between you and them. he wants you to move in, don't rush it.

how many you're fighting is relational to how much you'll be firing. if there are a lot of enemies firing at you, you won't have much time to aim. drawing fire is an important skill to have as scout. it can be used to succumb enemy ground without having to use uber or during non-uber pushes. these situations are ideal. don't get greedy while you're doing it or it might result in a death.

where you're fighting is very important. as a scout, you are very fast, you know this. your ability to gain positional advantage is unrivaled. exploit this heavily. i'm out of room. :(

[quote=mghughlaurie]play tf2 for thousands of hours[/quote]

not necessarily true. while doing anything for an elongated period of time will help you get more efficient-- the only way to ensure timely improvement is to enjoy yourself and have a goal while doing so. self improvement is solely your responsibility, so use your time wisely. what i have found is as you continue to work on movement, it will supplement your aim. now your movement is based off of several things; what, where and how many you're fighting. while 1v1 scenarios hardly ever arise, it's good to know that each class requires different movement to counter.

against scouts, mirroring is usually the most reliable form of aim supplementing movement. nothing works 100% of the time and nothing is fool proof so make sure to have more than one card up your sleeve in regards to how you take on 1v1s. try slowing down your shots. most people get in the habit of firing their scatter as soon as a shot is available but as scouts and brothers in arms we must break this habit. think about each shot before you take it. you may say "but if he doesn't wait between each shot and he hits me every time, won't he kill me first if i line up each shot?". if that's the case, analyze your movement, are you making too many wide strafes? are you holding down one key for too long? even the 'best scouts in the game' can miss an entire clip sometimes. people miss the most shots when they get too excited about a kill. i cannot recall how many medic flanks i've botched by getting too anxious about the kill and whiffing 2-3 shots. just relax, take a deep breath and line each shot up until it becomes natural and you turn into a man-scout-machine.

against soldiers, you'll find that the majority do not even 'aim'. they will instinctively fire where they think you will go. the answer is fairly straight forward to this one, simply be one step ahead of your enemy and [i]do not go there[/i]. if you encounter/trade shots with a soldier and get knocked down to sub 50 hp, your first instinct will be to run or find the nearest medpack. do the opposite. rush into him between rockets and either finish him or blow him up on his own splash. getting comfortable fighting soldiers can take time. recognize positional advantages, his available ammo and eating splash from his own rockets. in time, soldiers will melt by your scattergun.

against demos, most people will forget that there are two dimensions of movement and this is what causes their unnerving death time and time again. demos rely on positioning themselves such that they can shut down areas (with stickies) or small 'imaginary' corridors with pills. each pill can be used as a short area denial making it impossible to chase demos down when they are not out in the open. you can neutralize this area denial by utilizing backwards/forwards movement [i]as well[/i] as left/right movement. be [i]patient[/i] when fighting a demo as a lack of patience and a rush for the kill will oftentimes get you killed. waste their ammo dodging in TWO DIMENSIONS (believe it) [i]then[/i] move in. delaying or strafing outward will throw a demo off usually as pills/sticks require more prediction than rockets. they will almost always unload their arsenal in the shortest possible distance between you and them. he wants you to move in, don't rush it.

how many you're fighting is relational to how much you'll be firing. if there are a lot of enemies firing at you, you won't have much time to aim. drawing fire is an important skill to have as scout. it can be used to succumb enemy ground without having to use uber or during non-uber pushes. these situations are ideal. don't get greedy while you're doing it or it might result in a death.

where you're fighting is very important. as a scout, you are very fast, you know this. your ability to gain positional advantage is unrivaled. [i]exploit this heavily[/i]. i'm out of room. :(
18 Frags +
Ruwinmghughlaurieplay tf2 for thousands of hoursbla

Can someone sticky this and call the thread "comprehensive scout guide by Ruwin" (and some other people talking)?

[quote=Ruwin][quote=mghughlaurie]play tf2 for thousands of hours[/quote]
bla[/quote]

Can someone sticky this and call the thread "comprehensive scout guide by Ruwin" (and some other people talking)?
7 Frags +

damn, nice post ruwin. I can relate to exactly what you're saying about scout v scout, I see them strafing back and forth, back and forth and I see my health starting to drop and I get into a panic mode and start to flick more erratically trying to desperately hit high-damage shots. Guess I gotta pump the brakes more often and just focus.

damn, nice post ruwin. I can relate to exactly what you're saying about scout v scout, I see them strafing back and forth, back and forth and I see my health starting to drop and I get into a panic mode and start to flick more erratically trying to desperately hit high-damage shots. Guess I gotta pump the brakes more often and just focus.
-5 Frags +

mge

mge
4 Frags +

yeah nice post there ruwin

yeah nice post there ruwin
Momentum Mod
1 Frags +
Ruwinmghughlaurieplay tf2 for thousands of hoursthink

Great read.
For me, whenever I try to focus on getting better, 'why am I not better yet?' and 'I should be better wtf' come up a lot. I'd worry a lot less and let the skill come to you rather than the other way around!
Plus what Ruwin said, think about stuff.

[quote=Ruwin][quote=mghughlaurie]play tf2 for thousands of hours[/quote]
think[/quote]

Great read.
For me, whenever I try to focus on getting better, 'why am I not better yet?' and 'I should be better wtf' come up a lot. I'd worry a lot less and let the skill come to you rather than the other way around!
Plus what Ruwin said, think about stuff.
40 Frags +

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ijRQfkumn5g/UYGcoQtvwOI/AAAAAAAAALs/zOZ0kdKctSY/s1600/yz.jpg

[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ijRQfkumn5g/UYGcoQtvwOI/AAAAAAAAALs/zOZ0kdKctSY/s1600/yz.jpg[/img]
-29 Frags +

if you are naturally talented—have a fast reaction time, good hand-eye coordination, good vision, lateral thinking skills, patience—and have good hardware, you can eventually learn to have good aim. if not, the extreme amount of effort required to become good at tf2 is simply not worth it. tf2 is not that rewarding. play for fun and watch invite matches or something.

if you ever are in a situation where you have to ask "why am i bad?", you're never going to be good. To become good you'd have to be capable of analysing your situation and answering that question on your own.

(you'll also notice that people who make threads on tf.tv asking "how to get better?" never seem to end up in invite/prem, weird huh?)

if you are naturally talented—have a fast reaction time, good hand-eye coordination, good vision, lateral thinking skills, patience—and have good hardware, you can eventually learn to have good aim. if not, the extreme amount of effort required to become good at tf2 is simply not worth it. tf2 is not that rewarding. play for fun and watch invite matches or something.

if you ever are in a situation where you have to ask "why am i bad?", you're never going to be good. To become good you'd have to be capable of analysing your situation and answering that question on your own.

(you'll also notice that people who make threads on tf.tv asking "how to get better?" never seem to end up in invite/prem, weird huh?)
9 Frags +

that's a good mentality to take. arent naturally good at video games? give up.

that's a good mentality to take. arent naturally good at video games? give up.
7 Frags +
kiriif you are naturally talented—have a fast reaction time, good hand-eye coordination, good vision, lateral thinking skills, patience—and have good hardware, you can eventually learn to have good aim. if not, the extreme amount of effort required to become good at tf2 is simply not worth it. tf2 is not that rewarding. play for fun and watch invite matches or something.

-I was being unnice, I edit this to politely state that I strongly disagree with the quoted post-

[quote=kiri]if you are naturally talented—have a fast reaction time, good hand-eye coordination, good vision, lateral thinking skills, patience—and have good hardware, you can eventually learn to have good aim. if not, the extreme amount of effort required to become good at tf2 is simply not worth it. tf2 is not that rewarding. play for fun and watch invite matches or something.

(you'll also notice that people who make threads on tf.tv asking "how to get better?" never seem to end up in invite/prem, weird huh?)[/quote]

-I was being unnice, I edit this to politely state that I strongly disagree with the quoted post-
40 Frags +
kirinegativity

i wouldn't normally respond to something like this but i feel somewhat obligated to. i am proud to say that i have seen numerous players who were Low Open now in Mid-High IM and are contesting some invite teams. it brings a nerd tear to my eye to see people grow like that. it takes true dedication. while there is some truth to being 'naturally good' at anything, the fatal flaw that those people have is they generally don't nurture their ability and take it for granted. while here you have the LARGE majority of people who aren't naturally talented who put in the hard time to improve. who watch their demos, who are their own worst critics. these are the players who are the next big thing. what you put in to the game is exactly what you get out. all i ask is that you spend your time wisely. be introspective, don't blame others. instead of asking "i did a ton of damage at mid, where were you guys.. ?" ask "what could i have done differently?" this is the outlook of a great player in the making. and i can tell you with overflowing confidence that this game and its players are only getting better. tf2 may be getting a little grey in the mane but she still rides like a dream. play on, brothers.

[quote=kiri]negativity[/quote]

i wouldn't normally respond to something like this but i feel somewhat obligated to. i am proud to say that i have seen numerous players who were Low Open now in Mid-High IM and are contesting some invite teams. it brings a nerd tear to my eye to see people grow like that. it takes true dedication. while there is some truth to being 'naturally good' at anything, the fatal flaw that those people have is they generally don't nurture their ability and take it for granted. while here you have the LARGE majority of people who aren't naturally talented who put in the hard time to improve. who watch their demos, who are their own worst critics. these are the players who are the next big thing. what you put in to the game is exactly what you get out. all i ask is that you spend your time wisely. be introspective, don't blame others. instead of asking "i did a ton of damage at mid, where were you guys.. ?" ask "what could i have done differently?" this is the outlook of a great player in the making. and i can tell you with overflowing confidence that this game and its players are only getting better. tf2 may be getting a little grey in the mane but she still rides like a dream. play on, brothers.
6 Frags +

*v*

*v*
12 Frags +
Ruwinkirinegativityhttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-_1401X82wY4/ThQMj3pknOI/AAAAAAAAAlM/Nrb8tvcK0mo/s400/dalai-lama-01.jpg

Woah, this was such a good speech, it made me edit my hatepost.
gg ruwin

[quote=Ruwin][quote=kiri]negativity[/quote]
[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-_1401X82wY4/ThQMj3pknOI/AAAAAAAAAlM/Nrb8tvcK0mo/s400/dalai-lama-01.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Woah, this was such a good speech, it made me edit my hatepost.
gg ruwin
2 Frags +

dont get burnt out

dont get burnt out
-4 Frags +
Ruwinkirinegativity

that's fair enough. i guess if people do feel tf2 rewards the effort to try to improve, more power to them.

(i'd still argue that there is a baseline amount of talent you need to have—or learn to deal without—to compete in low open in the first place, but i probably hang around pubs too much)

[quote=Ruwin][quote=kiri]negativity[/quote]

i wouldn't normally respond to something like this but i feel somewhat obligated to. i am proud to say that i have seen numerous players who were Low Open now in Mid-High IM and are contesting some invite teams. it brings a nerd tear to my eye to see people grow like that. it takes true dedication. while there is some truth to being 'naturally good' at anything, the fatal flaw that those people have is they generally don't nurture their ability and take it for granted. while here you have the LARGE majority of people who aren't naturally talented who put in the hard time to improve. who watch their demos, who are their own worst critics. these are the players who are the next big thing. what you put in to the game is exactly what you get out. all i ask is that you spend your time wisely. be introspective, don't blame others. instead of asking "i did a ton of damage at mid, where were you guys.. ?" ask "what could i have done differently?" this is the outlook of a great player in the making. and i can tell you with overflowing confidence that this game and its players are only getting better. tf2 may be getting a little grey in the mane but she still rides like a dream. play on, brothers.[/quote]
that's fair enough. i guess if people do feel tf2 rewards the effort to try to improve, more power to them.

(i'd still argue that there is a baseline amount of talent you need to have—or learn to deal without—to compete in low open in the first place, but i probably hang around pubs too much)
1 2
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.