Upvote Upvoted 21 Downvote Downvoted
1 2 3 4 ⋅⋅ 21
GXL 2014
15 Frags +

Even though it's 6 months away I figured I'd make a post anyways. Quote from their Facebook page.

"Get ready to experience another GXL lanparty coming to you this October 10th Back again at the Philly Convention center in Oaks, PA. Make sure you sign up on our website this Monday as there will be some very special deals available to people that sign up this next week. Please check out this lans new logo hot off the presses celebrating our 10 year anniversary. Where all my 10 year alumni at!!!!"

get hype

Even though it's 6 months away I figured I'd make a post anyways. Quote from their Facebook page.

"Get ready to experience another GXL lanparty coming to you this October 10th Back again at the Philly Convention center in Oaks, PA. Make sure you sign up on our website this Monday as there will be some very special deals available to people that sign up this next week. Please check out this lans new logo hot off the presses celebrating our 10 year anniversary. Where all my 10 year alumni at!!!!"

get hype
1 Frags +

probably definitely going

[s]probably[/s] definitely going
1 Frags +

me and my boy def will hit this shit up for sure

me and my boy def will hit this shit up for sure
1 Frags +

how do people transport their desktops over air lol

i really want to get in on one of these lans eventually (since i should be out of school by then), but i've heard so many horror stories about taking a desktop on an airplane, although there's no other option for me besides dropping a few grand on a ~ gaming laptop ~

how do people transport their desktops over air lol

i really want to get in on one of these lans eventually (since i should be out of school by then), but i've heard so many horror stories about taking a desktop on an airplane, although there's no other option for me besides dropping a few grand on a ~ gaming laptop ~
1 Frags +

1 Frags +

I'll try to come as well

I'll try to come as well
RGB LAN
23 Frags +

Being the tournament director for GXL and the TF2 tournament itself, I have a giant announcement for this coming very soon.

Stay tuned.

Being the tournament director for GXL and the TF2 tournament itself, I have a giant announcement for this coming very soon.

Stay tuned.
5 Frags +
Foxhow do people transport their desktops over air lol

I unfortunately can't offer any words of comfort regarding that. I flew to GXL in 2009 and checked my desktop. I completely wrapped it in 4 layers of bubble wrap, re-inforced the suitcase with wood, and my desktop was still damaged. It was all cosmetic damage, all the components were okay, but it required me to buy a new case and many of the plastic clips holding things in place broke.

If you absolutely must check a PC, then I strongly suggest that you take all the components off the motherboard and package them separately. Anything attached to the motherboard will flex and cause strain, which will almost certainly damage something. You may want to even forego the case, and see if someone attending the LAN can provide a case for you, then just build your PC there.

[quote=Fox]how do people transport their desktops over air lol

i really want to get in on one of these lans eventually (since i should be out of school by then), but i've heard so many horror stories about taking a desktop on an airplane, although there's no other option for me besides dropping a few grand on a ~ gaming laptop ~[/quote]

I unfortunately can't offer any words of comfort regarding that. I flew to GXL in 2009 and checked my desktop. I completely wrapped it in 4 layers of bubble wrap, re-inforced the suitcase with wood, and my desktop was still damaged. It was all cosmetic damage, all the components were okay, but it required me to buy a new case and many of the plastic clips holding things in place broke.

If you absolutely must check a PC, then I strongly suggest that you take all the components off the motherboard and package them separately. Anything attached to the motherboard will flex and cause strain, which will almost certainly damage something. You may want to even forego the case, and see if someone attending the LAN can provide a case for you, then just build your PC there.
7 Frags +

I'm bringing like 20 coats this time.

And a butt pillow.

I'm bringing like 20 coats this time.

And a butt pillow.
5 Frags +
Foxhow do people transport their desktops over air lol

I have two extra desktops i can bring for anyone who wants them. Hit me up closer to the date if you're serious about going.

Both have been claimed

[quote=Fox]how do people transport their desktops over air lol

i really want to get in on one of these lans eventually (since i should be out of school by then), but i've heard so many horror stories about taking a desktop on an airplane, although there's no other option for me besides dropping a few grand on a ~ gaming laptop ~[/quote]

[s]I have two extra desktops i can bring for anyone who wants them. Hit me up closer to the date if you're serious about going.[/s]

Both have been claimed
1 Frags +

100% going. I'll book the time off work early.

100% going. I'll book the time off work early.
0 Frags +

Damn, I might just go to this if enough people go. Last year was so much fun.

Damn, I might just go to this if enough people go. Last year was so much fun.
14 Frags +

My parents' house is 10 minutes away. They got a pretty big basement.

My parents' house is 10 minutes away. They got a pretty big basement.
RGB LAN
25 Frags +
dflameDamn, I might just go to this if enough people go. Last year was so much fun.

Enough people will go. I will make this the biggest TF2 LAN in a long time. I promise.

[quote=dflame]Damn, I might just go to this if enough people go. Last year was so much fun.[/quote]

Enough people will go. I will make this the biggest TF2 LAN in a long time. I promise.
6 Frags +
TheFragiledflameDamn, I might just go to this if enough people go. Last year was so much fun.

I'll make sure to be there then!

[quote=TheFragile][quote=dflame]Damn, I might just go to this if enough people go. Last year was so much fun.[/quote]

Enough people will go. I will make this the biggest TF2 LAN in a long time. I promise.[/quote]

I'll make sure to be there then!
1 Frags +

I'm down girl, gonna win for once, I can feel it.

I'm down girl, gonna win for once, I can feel it.
1 Frags +

I might be able to go

I might be able to go
1 Frags +

lets get cheese steaks again but at the other place this time

lets get cheese steaks again but at the other place this time
-4 Frags +

Don't think im gonna go

Don't think im gonna go
0 Frags +
ColeI'm down girl, gonna win for once, I can feel it.

Cole, let's make a team.

[quote=Cole]I'm down girl, gonna win for once, I can feel it.[/quote]

Cole, let's make a team.
8 Frags +

Terminal Chillness is trying to make it. It will be Ben, Peyote, Ranga, Alec and I.

Fuck unf for being in Arizona.

I'm here to defend my title as reigning GXL LAN champion.

Terminal Chillness is trying to make it. It will be Ben, Peyote, Ranga, Alec and I.

Fuck unf for being in Arizona.

I'm here to defend my title as reigning GXL LAN champion.
17 Frags +

gruesome twosome will be attending. these teasers pls fragile

gruesome twosome will be attending. these teasers pls fragile
17 Frags +

http://i.imgur.com/HryRJxM.gif

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/HryRJxM.gif[/IMG]
4 Frags +

defending my title!

defending my title!
0 Frags +

Definitely going again. Hopefully I'll make it in time to win the Guitar Hero tournament this time. :)

Definitely going again. Hopefully I'll make it in time to win the Guitar Hero tournament this time. :)
1 Frags +

october 10th = my birthday! sorta-ish close to me actually, probably can't go tho, heh

october 10th = my birthday! sorta-ish close to me actually, probably can't go tho, heh
eXtelevision
4 Frags +

As you can prolly guess, I'll be in attendance as well.

If you're considering going I highly encourage it. Start talking to your buds now and getting people/plans together. We've already had two great ones, but this LAN is gonna be THE community LAN for 2014.

I know it's too far away for firm commitments from a lot of people. Maybe we can start a list of people who have the intent to attend?

As you can prolly guess, I'll be in attendance as well.

If you're considering going I highly encourage it. Start talking to your buds now and getting people/plans together. We've already had two great ones, but this LAN is gonna be THE community LAN for 2014.

I know it's too far away for firm commitments from a lot of people. Maybe we can start a list of people who have the intent to attend?
5 Frags +

these dudes are not joking, this is going to be gigantic

these dudes are not joking, this is going to be gigantic
4 Frags +

lans r s1ck

lans r s1ck
11 Frags +

im in, flying from AZ

ben has a desktop for me, may need a monitor tho :O

edit: rick be sure to bring your cheerleading outfit

im in, flying from AZ

ben has a desktop for me, may need a monitor tho :O