Upvote Upvoted 70 Downvote Downvoted
1 2
Fundraiser for dashner
0 Frags +

Hey guys.. I am posting this on dashner's behalf. You probably know him. He's a production guy, he is mainly an eXtv guy but he will be traveling to Europe for i52 to assist with that event. If you're not familiar with what he does, he has brought fantastic production value to eXtv sixes casts, bringing motion graphics and spectacular overlays that are very legit and similar to what you'd see from a sports cast on FOX or ESPN. Here is a link to a recent cast if you have no idea what his graphics work looks like.

Dashner has paid for his trip already, but he's in a pretty big rut now financially. He told me about something that happened with an employer recently screwing him over money-wise, and things are rough for him right now. He did commit to paying for this out of his own pocket, but he wasn't expecting something else to pile on and make it even harder. He's super-stressed about this i52 event and TF2 in general, is stressing about even going at all, and doesn't know if he can attend GXL in October now like he had planned.

He didn't feel like he deserves donations; he's super shy and reserved and just didn't want to ask for this, which is why I'm posting it. I feel like he is a hard worker who adds a lot to the production value we have in casts in this community now. He's a competitive guy who's always trying to outdo himself, and I think it's been great for TF2 casts over the past 6-8 months. I am hopeful that if we could throw a few dollars down to send people like Tagg or smzii to LAN, we can also help dashner with a bit of the burden of this trip as well.

Hopefully we can keep negativity out of this thread. If you agree and feel like it's worthwhile to help dashner go and be part of this immense LAN, and support his ongoing work, hopefully you can make a one-time donation. If you don't think this is a good idea or don't believe in fundraisers, just move on. Nothing for you here.

That's about all I've got. He's a fantastic guy, let's throw him a few dollars and make things a little easier on him. Hopefully he can stick around and keep producing casts well into the future.

Here's his donation link: http://imraising.com/dashner/widgets/imraising/i52

Hey guys.. I am posting this on dashner's behalf. You probably know him. He's a production guy, he is mainly an eXtv guy but he will be traveling to Europe for i52 to assist with that event. If you're not familiar with what he does, he has brought fantastic production value to eXtv sixes casts, bringing motion graphics and spectacular overlays that are very legit and similar to what you'd see from a sports cast on FOX or ESPN. [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiOJAxlPXOs]Here is a link to a recent cast if you have no idea what his graphics work looks like.[/url]

Dashner has paid for his trip already, but he's in a pretty big rut now financially. He told me about something that happened with an employer recently screwing him over money-wise, and things are rough for him right now. He did commit to paying for this out of his own pocket, but he wasn't expecting something else to pile on and make it even harder. He's super-stressed about this i52 event and TF2 in general, is stressing about even going at all, and doesn't know if he can attend GXL in October now like he had planned.

He didn't feel like he deserves donations; he's super shy and reserved and just didn't want to ask for this, which is why I'm posting it. I feel like he is a hard worker who adds a lot to the production value we have in casts in this community now. He's a competitive guy who's always trying to outdo himself, and I think it's been great for TF2 casts over the past 6-8 months. I am hopeful that if we could throw a few dollars down to send people like Tagg or smzii to LAN, we can also help dashner with a bit of the burden of this trip as well.

[b]Hopefully we can keep negativity out of this thread.[/b] If you agree and feel like it's worthwhile to help dashner go and be part of this immense LAN, and support his ongoing work, hopefully you can make a one-time donation. If you don't think this is a good idea or don't believe in fundraisers, just move on. Nothing for you here.

That's about all I've got. He's a fantastic guy, let's throw him a few dollars and make things a little easier on him. Hopefully he can stick around and keep producing casts well into the future.

Here's his donation link: http://imraising.com/dashner/widgets/imraising/i52
16 Frags +

He absolutely deserves it. He knows what he's doing and it's really shitty to see that he's under burden. He's put so much work into production (the best hasn't even been revealed yet, I promise, there's some REALLY good stuff in the future coming from him).

He absolutely deserves it. He knows what he's doing and it's really shitty to see that he's under burden. He's put so much work into production (the best hasn't even been revealed yet, I promise, there's some REALLY good stuff in the future coming from him).
13 Frags +

He sponsored team b4nny way back in the day. I think he deserves to be there when they take on the main stage

He sponsored team b4nny way back in the day. I think he deserves to be there when they take on the main stage
24 Frags +

Dashner is one of the primary driving forces behind the continuing advancement of North American TF2 production and coverage. He sets extraordinarily high standards and goals for himself, beyond even what I think would be in the realm of possibility. He's not afraid to think big and try to take this game to its limits, production-wise. You wouldn't believe the things we have cooking up for i52 and GXL.

Without dedicated, self-motivating, and talented collaborators like Dashner, my will to carry on working for this game would have depleted long ago. If you have at all been entertained by any of the eXtv casts in the past few seasons or are looking forward to i52 and GXL, please consider donating. We all pay massive expenses out of pocket to work for free to bring you guys the highest-quality entertainment we can, but sometimes we need a little help to get there.

Dashner is one of the primary driving forces behind the continuing advancement of North American TF2 production and coverage. He sets extraordinarily high standards and goals for himself, beyond even what I think would be in the realm of possibility. He's not afraid to think big and try to take this game to its limits, production-wise. You wouldn't believe the things we have cooking up for i52 and GXL.

Without dedicated, self-motivating, and talented collaborators like Dashner, my will to carry on working for this game would have depleted long ago. If you have at all been entertained by any of the eXtv casts in the past few seasons or are looking forward to i52 and GXL, please consider donating. We all pay massive expenses out of pocket to work for free to bring you guys the highest-quality entertainment we can, but sometimes we need a little help to get there.
-69 Frags +

Not to be THAT guy, but even if this guy has a little bit of a rough time don't you think there are better things to donate to?

Not to be THAT guy, but even if this guy has a little bit of a rough time don't you think there are better things to donate to?
9 Frags +
ExquisiteStoneNot to be THAT guy, but even if this guy has a little bit of a rough time don't you think there are better things to donate to?

like what?

[quote=ExquisiteStone]Not to be THAT guy, but even if this guy has a little bit of a rough time don't you think there are better things to donate to?[/quote]

like what?
25 Frags +
ExquisiteStoneNot to be THAT guy, but even if this guy has a little bit of a rough time don't you think there are better things to donate to?

You're being that guy.

We get asked this question with the i46, i49, i52 fundraisers, all the time.

Donate if you want, it's your choice, no one is forcing you to.

[quote=ExquisiteStone]Not to be THAT guy, but even if this guy has a little bit of a rough time don't you think there are better things to donate to?[/quote]
You're being that guy.

We get asked this question with the i46, i49, i52 fundraisers, all the time.

Donate if you want, it's your choice, no one is forcing you to.
newbie.tf
14 Frags +

this is a competitive team fortress 2 forum.

this is for a person who has poored serious ammounts of time into competitive team fortress 2.

pleeeease get off your high horse. it's not like everyone doesn't know there are more "worthwhile" charities out there, but for people that have watched so much of what dashner has done may want to help him out. i didn't know this was a problem before, and it hurts no one for me to throw 5 bucks toward someone who has done so much to further the production level for casts and stuff.

this is for a person who has poored serious ammounts of time into competitive team fortress 2.

pleeeease get off your high horse. it's not like everyone doesn't know there are more "worthwhile" charities out there, but for people that have watched so much of what dashner has done may want to help him out. i didn't know this was a problem before, and it hurts no one for me to throw 5 bucks toward someone who has done so much to further the production level for casts and stuff.
-29 Frags +
KevinIsPwnExquisiteStoneNot to be THAT guy, but even if this guy has a little bit of a rough time don't you think there are better things to donate to?

High horse? I don't feel I'm above anyone at all, I personally don't give money to charity, but it's always been weird to me everyone makes sympathy posts on tragic things (like the plane crash a while ago) but when they donate they donate to tf2 players?

[quote=KevinIsPwn][quote=ExquisiteStone]Not to be THAT guy, but even if this guy has a little bit of a rough time don't you think there are better things to donate to?[/quote]

pleeeease get off your high horse. it's not like everyone doesn't know there are more "worthwhile" charities out there, but for people that have watched so much of what dashner has done may want to help him out. i didn't know this was a problem before, and it hurts no one for me to throw 5 bucks toward someone who has done so much to further the production level for casts and stuff.[/quote]
High horse? I don't feel I'm above anyone at all, I personally don't give money to charity, but it's always been weird to me everyone makes sympathy posts on tragic things (like the plane crash a while ago) but when they donate they donate to tf2 players?
10 Frags +
ExquisiteStoneNot to be THAT guy, but even if this guy has a little bit of a rough time don't you think there are better things to donate to?Someone please close this thread, it was suposed to be something for the community but instead defy likes to shitpost for no reason.

i thought you were about doing things for the community? seems like you flipped the switch pretty quick there

[quote]Someone please close this thread, it was suposed to be something for the community but instead defy likes to shitpost for no reason.[/quote]

i thought you were about doing things for the community? seems like you flipped the switch pretty quick there
6 Frags +
ExquisiteStoneHigh horse? I don't feel I'm above anyone at all, I personally don't give money to charity, but it's always been weird to me everyone makes sympathy posts on tragic things (like the plane crash a while ago) but when they donate they donate to tf2 players?GetawhaleHopefully we can keep negativity out of this thread. If you agree and feel like it's worthwhile to help dashner go and be part of this immense LAN, and support his ongoing work, hopefully you can make a one-time donation. If you don't think this is a good idea or don't believe in fundraisers, just move on. Nothing for you here.

We all respect your right to an opinion but if you have a problem with fundraising TF2 community members, there's no reason to be in this thread. If you want to complain about these fundraisers, you could certainly start your own thread.

Thanks!

[quote=ExquisiteStone]High horse? I don't feel I'm above anyone at all, I personally don't give money to charity, but it's always been weird to me everyone makes sympathy posts on tragic things (like the plane crash a while ago) but when they donate they donate to tf2 players?[/quote]

[quote=Getawhale][b]Hopefully we can keep negativity out of this thread.[/b] If you agree and feel like it's worthwhile to help dashner go and be part of this immense LAN, and support his ongoing work, hopefully you can make a one-time donation. [b]If you don't think this is a good idea or don't believe in fundraisers, just move on. Nothing for you here.[/b][/quote]

We all respect your right to an opinion but if you have a problem with fundraising TF2 community members, there's no reason to be in this thread. If you want to complain about these fundraisers, you could certainly start your own thread.

Thanks!
-17 Frags +
defyExquisiteStoneNot to be THAT guy, but even if this guy has a little bit of a rough time don't you think there are better things to donate to?Someone please close this thread, it was suposed to be something for the community but instead defy likes to shitpost for no reason.

How does that involve money?

[quote=defy][quote=ExquisiteStone]Not to be THAT guy, but even if this guy has a little bit of a rough time don't you think there are better things to donate to?[/quote]

[quote]Someone please close this thread, it was suposed to be something for the community but instead defy likes to shitpost for no reason.[/quote]

i thought you were about doing things for the community? seems like you flipped the switch pretty quick there[/quote]
How does that involve money?
11 Frags +

Guys, please. If you don't feel like this is worth your time or money, then move on. If you have a few bucks to spare to make the immense travel costs for Dashner a little less painful, then consider donating. Bear in mind that Dashner has already purchased his tickets and has donated hundreds of hours of production time for free, and will continue to do so for both i52 and GXL.

Arguing doesn't help or achieve anything.

Guys, please. If you don't feel like this is worth your time or money, then move on. If you have a few bucks to spare to make the immense travel costs for Dashner a little less painful, then consider donating. Bear in mind that Dashner has already purchased his tickets and has donated hundreds of hours of production time for free, and will continue to do so for both i52 and GXL.

Arguing doesn't help or achieve anything.
newbie.tf
6 Frags +
ExquisiteStonebut it's always been weird to me everyone makes sympathy posts on tragic things (like the plane crash a while ago) but when they donate they donate to tf2 players?

thats just a really silly way of looking at it. just because the only donation drives your see on the COMPETITIVE TEAM FORTRESS 2 FORUMS are related to COMPETITIVE TEAM FORTRESS 2 doesnt mean that those are the only things that we donate money to. i donate to various other things but you dont see posts about it because it has nothing to do with the forums

edit: sorry, saw lange's post after i posted mine. i'll stop now

[quote=ExquisiteStone]but it's always been weird to me everyone makes sympathy posts on tragic things (like the plane crash a while ago) but when they donate they donate to tf2 players?[/quote]

thats just a really silly way of looking at it. just because the only donation drives your see on the COMPETITIVE TEAM FORTRESS 2 FORUMS are related to COMPETITIVE TEAM FORTRESS 2 doesnt mean that those are the only things that we donate money to. i donate to various other things but you dont see posts about it because it has nothing to do with the forums

edit: sorry, saw lange's post after i posted mine. i'll stop now
-19 Frags +
KevinIsPwnExquisiteStonebut it's always been weird to me everyone makes sympathy posts on tragic things (like the plane crash a while ago) but when they donate they donate to tf2 players?

It really isn't, posting about a plane crash in the first plane has nothing to do with "COMPETITIVE TEAM FORTRESS 2" So when I simply say that "there are better things to donate to" I all of a sudden become some sort of tf2 community monster?

[quote=KevinIsPwn][quote=ExquisiteStone]but it's always been weird to me everyone makes sympathy posts on tragic things (like the plane crash a while ago) but when they donate they donate to tf2 players?[/quote]

thats just a really silly way of looking at it. just because the only donation drives your see on the COMPETITIVE TEAM FORTRESS 2 FORUMS are related to COMPETITIVE TEAM FORTRESS 2 doesnt mean that those are the only things that we donate money to. i donate to various other things but you dont see posts about it because it has nothing to do with the forums[/quote]
It really isn't, posting about a plane crash in the first plane has nothing to do with "COMPETITIVE TEAM FORTRESS 2" So when I simply say that "there are better things to donate to" I all of a sudden become some sort of tf2 community monster?
8 Frags +

If we don't get dashner to lan we have let the i52 effort down

You guys haven't publicly seen the insane effort he's put in already, I've only seen a fraction of it so far and I'm blown away

http://puu.sh/aETvk/3dd73a87ad.png

If we don't get dashner to lan we have let the i52 effort down

You guys haven't publicly seen the insane effort he's put in already, I've only seen a fraction of it so far and I'm blown away

[img]http://puu.sh/aETvk/3dd73a87ad.png[/img]
5 Frags +

I can't donate, but I wish I could. Hope Dashner makes it out of his money situation! <3

I can't donate, but I wish I could. Hope Dashner makes it out of his money situation! <3
eXtelevision
9 Frags +

Dashner's help with production will be crucial to this event hitting it's maximum potential. If you can contribute please consider doing so.

Dashner's help with production will be crucial to this event hitting it's maximum potential. If you can contribute please consider doing so.
5 Frags +

I swear to god dashner if you dont come to GXL I will drive to your house myself and DRAG you to Pittsburgh

Dash has worked so endlessly and tirelessly for this community for years in various forms, he may not be in the limelight like Lange or Enigma or eXtine, but he has worked just as hard as them, always in the background, doing more than his fair share to improve TF2 casting. To listen to him talk about casting, production, his constant scheming and toiling away at small improvements and huge paradigm shifts in how we broadcast, consume and enjoy our little esport, is nothing short of breathtaking. If anyone deserves a little bit of help towards his costs, it is most certainly Dashner.

Alex buddy, thanks for everything. It doesn't get said often enough by the community, but rest assured we appreciate every second and every penny you put into us.

I swear to god dashner if you dont come to GXL I will drive to your house myself and DRAG you to Pittsburgh

Dash has worked so endlessly and tirelessly for this community for years in various forms, he may not be in the limelight like Lange or Enigma or eXtine, but he has worked just as hard as them, always in the background, doing more than his fair share to improve TF2 casting. To listen to him talk about casting, production, his constant scheming and toiling away at small improvements and huge paradigm shifts in how we broadcast, consume and enjoy our little esport, is nothing short of breathtaking. If anyone deserves a little bit of help towards his costs, it is most certainly Dashner.

Alex buddy, thanks for everything. It doesn't get said often enough by the community, but rest assured we appreciate every second and every penny you put into us.
7 Frags +

Hey stone just shut up. People can do whatever they please with their money. Some people appreciate what he has done for the community.

I wish dashner the best of luck and hope he can make it to i52 as well as gxl so I can buy him a beer (21??).

Hey stone just shut up. People can do whatever they please with their money. Some people appreciate what he has done for the community.

I wish dashner the best of luck and hope he can make it to i52 as well as gxl so I can buy him a beer (21??).
13 Frags +

you guys are being shitheads.

theres a lot of people in this community i would donate money to or causes worth donating to... hell, mesr scammed seanbud out of a full computer our first season of IM.

just because there are 'better things to donate to' doesnt mean this circlejerk of a tf2 community we've created here isn't down to lend a helping hand to eachother.

obviously i could fucking put money toward helping the elephant population in africa, or put clean water in south american schools, but that doesn't mean it's not a worthy cause to donate to someone in a time of financial instability.

Edit:

http://i.imgur.com/7muMiRJ.png?1

you guys are being shitheads.

theres a lot of people in this community i would donate money to or causes worth donating to... hell, mesr scammed seanbud out of a full computer our first season of IM.

just because there are 'better things to donate to' doesnt mean this circlejerk of a tf2 community we've created here isn't down to lend a helping hand to eachother.

obviously i could fucking put money toward helping the elephant population in africa, or put clean water in south american schools, but that doesn't mean it's not a worthy cause to donate to someone in a time of financial instability.

Edit: [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/7muMiRJ.png?1[/IMG]
8 Frags +

honestly ive played this game for a long time been to multiple lans and in some way or another dashner has almost always been involved in organization/casting/production, while always being behind the scenes

he's honestly the most deserving of any i52 donations because of his experience and how consistent hes been over the years

honestly ive played this game for a long time been to multiple lans and in some way or another dashner has almost always been involved in organization/casting/production, while always being behind the scenes

he's honestly the most deserving of any i52 donations because of his experience and how consistent hes been over the years
4 Frags +
eXtineDashner's help with production will be crucial to this event hitting it's maximum potential. If you can contribute please consider doing so.

What about the eXtv patreon? Can't you use some of gathered money to fund Dashner? Not saying whole amount, but at least something for his hard work.

[quote=eXtine]Dashner's help with production will be crucial to this event hitting it's maximum potential. If you can contribute please consider doing so.[/quote]
What about the eXtv patreon? Can't you use some of gathered money to fund Dashner? Not saying whole amount, but at least something for his hard work.
4 Frags +

dashner is awesome, with his help i52 will be the best insomnia LAN so far for us. help him out, he is extremely dedicated to tf2 and our fantastic community.

dashner is awesome, with his help i52 will be the best insomnia LAN so far for us. help him out, he is extremely dedicated to tf2 and our fantastic community.
3 Frags +

I absolutely love dasher. Please take my money.

I absolutely love dasher. Please take my money.
2 Frags +
ExquisiteStoneKevinIsPwnExquisiteStoneNot to be THAT guy, but even if this guy has a little bit of a rough time don't you think there are better things to donate to?

you clearly missed the gh0stayama fundraiser.

[quote=ExquisiteStone][quote=KevinIsPwn][quote=ExquisiteStone]Not to be THAT guy, but even if this guy has a little bit of a rough time don't you think there are better things to donate to?[/quote]

pleeeease get off your high horse. it's not like everyone doesn't know there are more "worthwhile" charities out there, but for people that have watched so much of what dashner has done may want to help him out. i didn't know this was a problem before, and it hurts no one for me to throw 5 bucks toward someone who has done so much to further the production level for casts and stuff.[/quote]
High horse? I don't feel I'm above anyone at all, I personally don't give money to charity, but it's always been weird to me everyone makes sympathy posts on tragic things (like the plane crash a while ago) but when they donate they donate to tf2 players?[/quote]
you clearly missed the gh0stayama fundraiser.
eXtelevision
4 Frags +
huhyeXtineDashner's help with production will be crucial to this event hitting it's maximum potential. If you can contribute please consider doing so.What about the eXtv patreon? Can't you use some of gathered money to fund Dashner? Not saying whole amount, but at least something for his hard work.

The Patreon campaign has provided us with some nice financial support, but the amount we get is actually less then the displayed number due to people's credit card credintials eXpiring. Patreon funds have been going to lucky luke but we will be using some eXtv patreon funds for GXL equipment rentals.

[quote=huhy][quote=eXtine]Dashner's help with production will be crucial to this event hitting it's maximum potential. If you can contribute please consider doing so.[/quote]
What about the eXtv patreon? Can't you use some of gathered money to fund Dashner? Not saying whole amount, but at least something for his hard work.[/quote]

The Patreon campaign has provided us with some nice financial support, but the amount we get is actually less then the displayed number due to people's credit card credintials eXpiring. Patreon funds have been going to lucky luke but we will be using some eXtv patreon funds for GXL equipment rentals.
0 Frags +

for some reason it won't let me donate

oh well i'll go send a ticket support to PPal

for some reason it won't let me donate

oh well i'll go send a ticket support to PPal
6 Frags +

As much as I may have had small qualms and dislikes towards Dashner in the past (Entirely personal and incredibly petty), there's no denying that he does more than most people when it comes to competitive TF2.

Go get to i52. Someone's gotta man the camera and have all the awesome looking graphics for this LAN. I threw in $10, will probably throw in more later when I can determine how much I can.

As much as I may have had small qualms and dislikes towards Dashner in the past (Entirely personal and incredibly petty), there's no denying that he does more than most people when it comes to competitive TF2.

Go get to i52. Someone's gotta man the camera and have all the awesome looking graphics for this LAN. I threw in $10, will probably throw in more later when I can determine how much I can.
3 Frags +

Is there a deadline for gathering the money? I still have some open commission slots and would be more than glad to work on stuff and put it towards his fund.

Is there a deadline for gathering the money? I still have some open commission slots and would be more than glad to work on stuff and put it towards his fund.
1 2
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.