Upvote Upvoted 7 Downvote Downvoted
TF2 update for 9/15/14 (9/16/14 UTC)
Patch Notes
0 Frags +

Via HLDS:

Valve- Fixed a client crash related to the robot destruction HUD
- Fixed an exploit where players could circumvent successful kick votes
- Demoman can no longer detonate sticky bombs while taunting
- Strange Ranks are no longer displayed on the web (Trade, Steam backpack, Market) and only show 'Strange' as a prefix
- Default value for convar sv_vote_issue_scramble_teams_cooldown has been increased to 20 minutes
- Fixed sound clipping issue for the Demoman's Spent Well Spirits taunt
- Added Jarate lightwarp preset to the Steam Workshop importer
- Updated the model/materials for the Neckwear Headwear to fix a lighting issue
- Updated pl_cactuscanyon
- Increased amount of time the middle gates remain open before and after a train passes in stage 2
- Adjusted spawn times at end of stage 2
- Updated rd_asteroid
- Removed env_sun from the skybox
- Optimized skybox performance
- Lowered Scout/Sniper damage against robots
- Fixed doubled-up health kits on the bridge
- Added area portals to the base interiors to improve performance
- Continued art-pass process
- Fixed zebra-style art on static props on systems that used lower texture quality
- Added experimental cpu_frequency_monitoring convar to detect thermal throttling. If you have TF2 performance problems on Windows, add "+cpu_frequency_monitoring 2" to the TF2 command line to see if CPU thermal throttling is an issue. If the displayed CPU frequency percentage drops below about 80-85% then you may have a problem with your CPU slowing down due to overheating. If it drops below 50-55% then you may have a serious problem. CPU overheating can be caused by overclocking, insufficient cooling, insufficient airflow, failing or dirty fans, or other causes. The CPU frequency results are displayed with cl_showfps or net_graph. For more detail see https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2715-YIPD-6873

Rumor has it:

- cpu_frequency_monitoring was originally a CS:GO feature, added in the 7/23/14 (7/24/14 UTC) update for it. This is a screenshot of how output will appear, courtesy MaxReiger:

http://i.imgur.com/x92JiLG.png

- Size is ~100 MB

Via HLDS:

[quote=Valve]- Fixed a client crash related to the robot destruction HUD
- Fixed an exploit where players could circumvent successful kick votes
- Strange Ranks are no longer displayed on the web (Trade, Steam backpack, Market) and only show 'Strange' as a prefix
- Default value for convar sv_vote_issue_scramble_teams_cooldown has been increased to 20 minutes
- Fixed sound clipping issue for the Demoman's Spent Well Spirits taunt
- Added Jarate lightwarp preset to the Steam Workshop importer
- Updated the model/materials for the Neckwear Headwear to fix a lighting issue
- Updated pl_cactuscanyon
- Increased amount of time the middle gates remain open before and after a train passes in stage 2
- Adjusted spawn times at end of stage 2
- Updated rd_asteroid
- Removed env_sun from the skybox
- Optimized skybox performance
- Fixed doubled-up health kits on the bridge
- Added area portals to the base interiors to improve performance
- Continued art-pass process
- Fixed zebra-style art on static props on systems that used lower texture quality
- Added experimental cpu_frequency_monitoring convar to detect thermal throttling. If you have TF2 performance problems on Windows, add "+cpu_frequency_monitoring 2" to the TF2 command line to see if CPU thermal throttling is an issue. If the displayed CPU frequency percentage drops below about 80-85% then you may have a problem with your CPU slowing down due to overheating. If it drops below 50-55% then you may have a serious problem. CPU overheating can be caused by overclocking, insufficient cooling, insufficient airflow, failing or dirty fans, or other causes. The CPU frequency results are displayed with cl_showfps or net_graph. For more detail see https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2715-YIPD-6873[/quote]

Rumor has it:

- cpu_frequency_monitoring was originally a CS:GO feature, added in the 7/23/14 (7/24/14 UTC) update for it. This is a screenshot of how output will appear, courtesy MaxReiger:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/x92JiLG.png[/img]

- Size is ~100 MB
42 Frags +

[b]- Demoman can no longer detonate sticky bombs while taunting[/b]
18 Frags +

DEMOMAN CANT DO SAY WHAT NOW?

DEMOMAN CANT DO SAY WHAT NOW?
9 Frags +
flatline- Demoman can no longer detonate sticky bombs while taunting

FUCK

[quote=flatline][b]- Demoman can no longer detonate sticky bombs while taunting[/b][/quote]

FUCK
19 Frags +

was actually done last week rofl

this new cvar looks fun tho

[quote=flatline][b]- Demoman can no longer detonate sticky bombs while taunting[/b][/quote]
was actually done last week rofl

this new cvar looks fun tho
4 Frags +

WHAT IS THE POINT OF REMOVING THAT!?

WHAT IS THE POINT OF REMOVING THAT!?
48 Frags +

THIS was the nerf valve was talking about
demoman is dead

THIS was the nerf valve was talking about
demoman is dead
23 Frags +

this is the demo nerf we have been waiting for

edit: fuck you downpour

this is the demo nerf we have been waiting for

edit: fuck you downpour
21 Frags +

http://youtu.be/han3AfjH210?t=1m18s

no longer possible

http://youtu.be/han3AfjH210?t=1m18s

no longer possible
13 Frags +
obe_WHAT IS THE POINT OF REMOVING THAT!?

basically this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPvfxwce5_I&list=UUNc7UDUabbAB61d8MMPQO0w#t=100

gg kaidus.

[quote=obe_]WHAT IS THE POINT OF REMOVING THAT!?[/quote]

basically this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPvfxwce5_I&list=UUNc7UDUabbAB61d8MMPQO0w#t=100

gg kaidus.
4 Frags +

It's actually been like this for a few days and no one noticed.

It's actually been like this for a few days and no one noticed.
24 Frags +

This is a disgrace, when I emailed gaben I made it clear that the Demoman is currently under powered in it's current state. Needless to say I will be making a visit to the Valve HQ asap.

This is a disgrace, when I emailed gaben I made it clear that the Demoman is currently [b]under[/b] powered in it's current state. Needless to say I will be making a visit to the Valve HQ asap.
10 Frags +

Interestingly enough, the way I think valve imagines demoman, as being this passive trap-placing area holder, thinks that demoman detonating while taunting is what needs nerfing

At least it wasn't air-stickies being nerfed.

Interestingly enough, the way I think valve imagines demoman, as being this passive trap-placing area holder, thinks that demoman detonating while taunting is what needs nerfing

At least it wasn't air-stickies being nerfed.
-10 Frags +

All these balance changes are the most random thing I could ever think about. Seriously, when you have bugs like invisible players or broken huds, why the fuck would you go and remove jumping after shooting for snipers or detting stickies while taunting for demos.

Next thing you know and they remove spy medigun checking or medic fake calling or some other random thing that has been in the game for almost a decade.

It makes 0 sense.

All these balance changes are the most random thing I could ever think about. Seriously, when you have bugs like invisible players or broken huds, why the fuck would you go and remove jumping after shooting for snipers or detting stickies while taunting for demos.

Next thing you know and they remove spy medigun checking or medic fake calling or some other random thing that has been in the game for almost a decade.

It makes 0 sense.
5 Frags +
Kaneco Seriously, when you have bugs like invisible players or broken huds,

Valve doesn't have a responsibility to fix old broken huds that the hud creator stopped updating. And while the invisible player bug isn't completely gone, it is no where near as bad as it used to be.

[quote=Kaneco] Seriously, when you have bugs like invisible players or broken huds,

[/quote]
Valve doesn't have a responsibility to fix old broken huds that the hud creator stopped updating. And while the invisible player bug isn't completely gone, it is no where near as bad as it used to be.
6 Frags +
KanecoAll these balance changes are the most random thing I could ever think about. Seriously, when you have bugs like invisible players or broken huds, why the fuck would you go and remove jumping after shooting for snipers or detting stickies while taunting for demos.

It makes 0 sense.

Its better than having no updates at all, and i havent seen an invisible player in a while
edit: last sentence sounds dumb, i havent experienced the problem in a while

[quote=Kaneco]All these balance changes are the most random thing I could ever think about. Seriously, when you have bugs like invisible players or broken huds, why the fuck would you go and remove jumping after shooting for snipers or detting stickies while taunting for demos.

It makes 0 sense.[/quote]
Its better than having no updates at all, and i havent seen an invisible player in a while
edit: last sentence sounds dumb, i havent experienced the problem in a while
5 Frags +

doesn't the demoman taunt and detonate stickies in the meet the demo video?

doesn't the demoman taunt and detonate stickies in the meet the demo video?
9 Frags +
HuckKaneco Seriously, when you have bugs like invisible players or broken huds,

What I mentioned has 0 to do with custom huds.

The vanilla spectator hud still gets broken after pauses, thats a high priority bug imo instead of removing a silly thing like jumping after shooting or detting while taunting.

[quote=Huck][quote=Kaneco] Seriously, when you have bugs like invisible players or broken huds,

[/quote]
Valve doesn't have a responsibility to fix old broken huds that the hud creator stopped updating. And while the invisible player bug isn't completely gone, it is no where near as bad as it used to be.[/quote]

What I mentioned has 0 to do with custom huds.

The vanilla spectator hud still gets broken after pauses, thats a high priority bug imo instead of removing a silly thing like jumping after shooting or detting while taunting.
-12 Frags +
Super-doesn't the demoman taunt and detonate stickies in the meet the demo video?

??????

[quote=Super-]doesn't the demoman taunt and detonate stickies in the meet the demo video?[/quote]

??????
-2 Frags +

http://puu.sh/bAJeZ/8e13262bfa.jpg

STOP REDOWNLOADING THE GAME THANKS!?
right after it says "checking for existing tf2 content" for five minutes it decides to redownload the entire game

ok

[img]http://puu.sh/bAJeZ/8e13262bfa.jpg[/img]

right after it says "checking for existing tf2 content" for five minutes it decides to redownload the entire game

ok
2 Frags +
dflameSuper-doesn't the demoman taunt and detonate stickies in the meet the demo video?
??????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=han3AfjH210#t=81

[quote=dflame][quote=Super-]doesn't the demoman taunt and detonate stickies in the meet the demo video?[/quote]

??????[/quote]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=han3AfjH210#t=81
1 Frags +

So, what values are good when you are using the +cpu command? What's good, above average and so on? I saw it showed the values that are bad.

So, what values are good when you are using the +cpu command? What's good, above average and so on? I saw it showed the values that are bad.
-2 Frags +
flatlinehttp://puu.sh/bAJeZ/8e13262bfa.jpg

ok

If you have avast anti virus put down your shields and redownload the game.

[quote=flatline][img]http://puu.sh/bAJeZ/8e13262bfa.jpg[/img]

ok[/quote]

If you have avast anti virus put down your shields and redownload the game.
-3 Frags +

already posted about rip

already posted about rip
-3 Frags +
MaxHaxSo, what values are good when you are using the +cpu command? What's good, above average and so on? I saw it showed the values that are bad.

Good would be 100%+, I'm assuming, meaning that TF2 gets all of the CPU that it wants.

[quote=MaxHax]So, what values are good when you are using the +cpu command? What's good, above average and so on? I saw it showed the values that are bad.[/quote]

Good would be 100%+, I'm assuming, meaning that TF2 gets all of the CPU that it wants.
-7 Frags +

I always thought if I got killed by someone taunting he deserved the kill, I don't see how this will change anything, other then eliminate some 2Fort shenanigans...

I always thought if I got killed by someone taunting he deserved the kill, I don't see how this will change anything, other then eliminate some 2Fort shenanigans...
-3 Frags +

if thats “the” nef they are looking to do for demoman instead of the sticky nerf im totally fine with this

if thats “the” nef they are looking to do for demoman instead of the sticky nerf im totally fine with this
1 Frags +
MaxHaxSo, what values are good when you are using the +cpu command? What's good, above average and so on? I saw it showed the values that are bad.

Depends on your CPU/overclock and a few other things.

For example I'm getting 114.6% minimum because of the way haswell idles.
Nehalem might show 50% and it would be fine.

[quote=MaxHax]So, what values are good when you are using the +cpu command? What's good, above average and so on? I saw it showed the values that are bad.[/quote]
Depends on your CPU/overclock and a few other things.

For example I'm getting 114.6% minimum because of the way haswell idles.
Nehalem might show 50% and it would be fine.
5 Frags +

The sniper nerf we all hoped for.

[quote]- Lowered Scout/Sniper damage against robots[/quote]

The sniper nerf we all hoped for.
4 Frags +

Not sure this is the right place for this, but apparently on Alien, "Pre-Purchase and receive 3 Alien inspired items for Team Fortress 2." looks like a flamethrower skin, a space helmet and an alien head?

Not sure this is the right place for this, but apparently on Alien, "Pre-Purchase and receive 3 Alien inspired items for Team Fortress 2." looks like a flamethrower skin, a space helmet and an alien head?
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.