Upvote Upvoted 26 Downvote Downvoted
1 2 3
Slight freezes
posted in Q/A Help
0 Frags +

Since the last update came out, I've been getting these random half second freezes. Nothing has changed on my hand, no settings changed except that snd command from these threads over a week ago. Has anybody else been experiencing this? Super annoying and I have no leads.

Since the last update came out, I've been getting these random half second freezes. Nothing has changed on my hand, no settings changed except that snd command from these threads over a week ago. Has anybody else been experiencing this? Super annoying and I have no leads.
-4 Frags +

Did you try setting snd_mixahead back to 1? That might not be it though because I haven't had any problems with it and I don't think anyone else has either.

Did you try setting snd_mixahead back to 1? That might not be it though because I haven't had any problems with it and I don't think anyone else has either.
17 Frags +

I emailed the tf2 team and they responded by having me use this command, see if it works for you.
It's stops the weapon models loading on demand.
cl_loadondemand_default 0

I emailed the tf2 team and they responded by having me use this command, see if it works for you.
It's stops the weapon models loading on demand.
cl_loadondemand_default 0
3 Frags +

I'm having the same problem.

I'm having the same problem.
4 Frags +

I am having the very same issue as well.

I am having the very same issue as well.
3 Frags +

same

same
3 Frags +

same here as well.

same here as well.
3 Frags +

as well

as well
-3 Frags +

Can't even login at this point

Can't even login at this point
5 Frags +
vriskDid you try setting snd_mixahead back to 1?

snd_mixahead defaults to 0.1, not 1

[quote=vrisk]Did you try setting snd_mixahead back to 1?[/quote]

snd_mixahead defaults to 0.1, not 1
-1 Frags +

is the stuttering exclusive a game mode or everywhere?

is the stuttering exclusive a game mode or everywhere?
3 Frags +
jp_is the stuttering exclusive a game mode or everywhere?

Happens Mge, dm mod, and scrims so far

[quote=jp_]is the stuttering exclusive a game mode or everywhere?[/quote]
Happens Mge, dm mod, and scrims so far
0 Frags +

A couple years back I would get these short freezes while someone talked in mumble. Try playing without mumble open and see if you still get the stutters.

A couple years back I would get these short freezes while someone talked in mumble. Try playing without mumble open and see if you still get the stutters.
1 Frags +

Yup, same

Yup, same
20 Frags +

atleast we got more hats

atleast we got more hats
14 Frags +

0 Frags +

6 Frags +

Valve: Adding new things to the game that break old things in the game since 2007

Valve: Adding new things to the game that break old things in the game since 2007
0 Frags +

I have an SSD and 12GB of RAM (i bought 8 without realizing my 4 could be used with it) and I haven't noticed this yet. Can you guys with the issue post basic specs to see if there's a pattern?

I have an SSD and 12GB of RAM (i bought 8 without realizing my 4 could be used with it) and I haven't noticed this yet. Can you guys with the issue post basic specs to see if there's a pattern?
0 Frags +

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/4bxcRB

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/4bxcRB
-1 Frags +
Knuckles_http://pcpartpicker.com/p/4bxcRB

only issue i see is the WD Caviar Blue (mid-range hard drive compared to a solid state drive).

anyone else find it funny that drive types are "hard" and "solid"? or just me

[quote=Knuckles_]http://pcpartpicker.com/p/4bxcRB[/quote]
only issue i see is the WD Caviar Blue (mid-range hard drive compared to a solid state drive).

1 Frags +
smoboKnuckles_http://pcpartpicker.com/p/4bxcRBonly issue i see is the WD Caviar Blue (mid-range hard drive compared to a solid state drive).

Their's also Flash, Tape, CD, Floppy, Blu-Ray, DVD, Liquid (experimental), plus A LOT more.

Also try squeezing in a 32 or 64GB SSD it's Well worth it.

[quote=smobo][quote=Knuckles_]http://pcpartpicker.com/p/4bxcRB[/quote]

anyone else find it funny that drive types are "hard" and "solid"? or just me[/quote]

Their's also Flash, Tape, CD, Floppy, Blu-Ray, DVD, Liquid (experimental), plus A LOT more.

Also try squeezing in a 32 or 64GB SSD it's Well worth it.
1 Frags +

I was getting the same freezing/stuttering and I thought it was just my internet connection. Can confirm as well that cl_loadondemand_default 0 has fixed this.

I was getting the same freezing/stuttering and I thought it was just my internet connection. Can confirm as well that cl_loadondemand_default 0 has fixed this.
Valve
45 Frags +

Hi folks,

I implemented this feature, sorry it's causing you grief! If you're having trouble with it (and it sounds like a lot of you are), would you mind posting your system specs? I'm additionally interested in whether you run off of an SSD or an HDD.

If you'd prefer to email me, feel free to do so at mcjohn at valvesoftware dot com.

Thanks in advance,

-McJohn

Hi folks,

I implemented this feature, sorry it's causing you grief! If you're having trouble with it (and it sounds like a lot of you are), would you mind posting your system specs? I'm additionally interested in whether you run off of an SSD or an HDD.

If you'd prefer to email me, feel free to do so at mcjohn at valvesoftware dot com.

Thanks in advance,

-McJohn
25 Frags +

whoa

whoa
21 Frags +

Now fix invisible players thx in advance

Now fix invisible players thx in advance
0 Frags +

I just got this problem as well, however I have always had this problem for cs:go.

I just got this problem as well, however I have always had this problem for cs:go.
10 Frags +
Mr_OwlNow fix invisible players thx in advance

guarantee fixing that will cause some other super annoying bug that'll be with us for years

EDIT: Also please stop us spawning bread on every teleport, toaster PCs are being brought down by unnecessary amounts of bread :)

[quote=Mr_Owl]Now fix invisible players thx in advance[/quote]
guarantee fixing that will cause some other super annoying bug that'll be with us for years

EDIT: Also please stop us spawning bread on every teleport, toaster PCs are being brought down by unnecessary amounts of bread :)
0 Frags +

I thought I was the only one having this problem, I basically fucked with my connection settings in every way possible trying to fix it without luck. At least there's a solution.

I thought I was the only one having this problem, I basically fucked with my connection settings in every way possible trying to fix it without luck. At least there's a solution.
6 Frags +

cl_loadondemand_default 0 Didn't seem to fix it for me :(

Also the freezes happen more frequent right after joining the server or a map change.

Specs:
Intel core i5-2500 @ 3.30GHz
8Gb RAM
Geforce GTX 550 Ti
windows 7

cl_loadondemand_default 0 Didn't seem to fix it for me :(

Also the freezes happen more frequent right after joining the server or a map change.

Specs:
Intel core i5-2500 @ 3.30GHz
8Gb RAM
Geforce GTX 550 Ti
windows 7
1 2 3
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.