Upvote Upvoted 7 Downvote Downvoted
LANfest in St. Louis
0 Frags +

What? A 120 person Bring-Your-Own-Computer (BYOC) charity gaming event.
Where? Il Monastero Banquet Center of Saint Louis University -- See Location & Hotel
When? January 10-11, 2015
Doors open 9 AM on January 10th
Event ends on Sunday January 11th at 3 PM
Tickets? Tickets are required, starting at $40 for a weekend pass
Under 18?Must be at least 16 years old. Under 18 will need to bring a waiver signed by their parent or guardian.Link

It's got your typical LoL, DotA, Hearthstone, etc. tournaments, but from midnight to 4am there is a "TF2 Challenge" which could be fun. But maybe if the TF2 community around StL shows some interest, we might be able to convince these guys to do other TF2 things.

Anyway, I'll be there. Anyone else going?

Going and Registered:
Kip
Miyari
oPlaid
Mathyou
Odin's Beard

[b]What[/b]? A 120 person Bring-Your-Own-Computer (BYOC) charity gaming event.
[b]Where?[/b] Il Monastero Banquet Center of Saint Louis University -- See Location & Hotel
[b]When[/b]? January 10-11, 2015
Doors open 9 AM on January 10th
Event ends on Sunday January 11th at 3 PM
[b]Tickets[/b]? Tickets are required, starting at $40 for a weekend pass
Under 18?Must be at least 16 years old. Under 18 will need to bring a waiver signed by their parent or guardian.[url=https://lanfest.intel.com/events/ll14]Link[/url]

It's got your typical LoL, DotA, Hearthstone, etc. tournaments, but from midnight to 4am there is a "TF2 Challenge" which could be fun. But maybe if the TF2 community around StL shows some interest, we might be able to convince these guys to do other TF2 things.

Anyway, I'll be there. Anyone else going?

[b]Going and Registered:[/b]
Kip
Miyari
oPlaid
Mathyou
Odin's Beard
3 Frags +

Just checked on google maps, it's a 30 minute drive. Odin's Beard (my brother) and I will definitely be making it. Slight possibility I will bring cookies again.

Just checked on google maps, it's a 30 minute drive. Odin's Beard (my brother) and I will definitely be making it. Slight possibility I will bring cookies again.
4 Frags +
MATHYOUSlight possibility I will bring cookies again.

Whoa whoa whoa... slight possibility?

[quote=MATHYOU]Slight possibility I will bring cookies again.[/quote]
Whoa whoa whoa... [i]slight[/i] possibility?
1 Frags +
KipMATHYOUSlight possibility I will bring cookies again.Whoa whoa whoa... slight possibility?

It depends on how much more baking we feel like doing after making cookies for Christmas, which is just before this LAN. Also, it doesn't mention anything about bringing food to the venue, just says that we can buy food and drinks there. So, I should rephrase: I'll bring cookies if I can.

[quote=Kip][quote=MATHYOU]Slight possibility I will bring cookies again.[/quote]
Whoa whoa whoa... [i]slight[/i] possibility?[/quote]

It depends on how much more baking we feel like doing after making cookies for Christmas, which is just before this LAN. Also, it doesn't mention anything about bringing food to the venue, just says that we can buy food and drinks there. So, I should rephrase: I'll bring cookies if I can.
3 Frags +
MATHYOU So, I should rephrase: I'll bring cookies if I can.

Good, see ya there ;)

[quote=MATHYOU] So, I should rephrase: I'll bring cookies if I can.[/quote]
Good, see ya there ;)
12 Frags +
Never tell your password to anyone.
1:48 PM - Sick Shits: http://teamfortress.tv/thread/21138/lanfest-in-st-louis
1:48 PM - Sick Shits: DAVE
5:42 PM - Dave__AC: u goin to it
6:34 PM - Dave__AC is now Online.
6:36 PM - Dave__AC: steve u there
6:36 PM - Sick Shits: yes
6:36 PM - Sick Shits: if you go
6:36 PM - Dave__AC: ill go if u go
6:36 PM - Sick Shits: oik
6:36 PM - Sick Shits: we goin
6:36 PM - Dave__AC: aight

aite

[quote]Never tell your password to anyone.
1:48 PM - Sick Shits: http://teamfortress.tv/thread/21138/lanfest-in-st-louis
1:48 PM - Sick Shits: DAVE
5:42 PM - Dave__AC: u goin to it
6:34 PM - Dave__AC is now Online.
6:36 PM - Dave__AC: steve u there
6:36 PM - Sick Shits: yes
6:36 PM - Sick Shits: if you go
6:36 PM - Dave__AC: ill go if u go
6:36 PM - Sick Shits: oik
6:36 PM - Sick Shits: we goin
6:36 PM - Dave__AC: aight
[/quote]
aite
2 Frags +

I live about 4 hours away, I could prob go

I prob won't though because im antisocial

I live about 4 hours away, I could prob go

I prob won't though because im antisocial
2 Frags +

KIP WE CAN HANG OUT. I asked this morning and got an "eh why not", so I'm pretty sure oPlaiD and I will go.

KIP WE CAN HANG OUT. I asked this morning and got an "eh why not", so I'm pretty sure oPlaiD and I will go.
1 Frags +

1 Frags +

1 Frags +
SteveCaitemiyariKIP WE CAN HANG OUT. I asked this morning and got an "eh why not", so I'm pretty sure oPlaiD and I will go.

omg, so many dreams coming true so fast! Yay, I can't wait!

Also, I got into contact with the organizer and I'm gonna help him promote the TF2 event. If we can get enough people, would you guys be interested in a 6s match? probably not enough people for a tourney, but a showmatch could be fun.

[quote=SteveC]
aite[/quote]

[quote=miyari]KIP WE CAN HANG OUT. I asked this morning and got an "eh why not", so I'm pretty sure oPlaiD and I will go.[/quote]

omg, so many dreams coming true so fast! Yay, I can't wait!

Also, I got into contact with the organizer and I'm gonna help him promote the TF2 event. If we can get enough people, would you guys be interested in a 6s match? probably not enough people for a tourney, but a showmatch could be fun.
2 Frags +

I most likely will be there, looking forward to meeting all of you!

I most likely will be there, looking forward to meeting all of you!
2 Frags +

UPDATE: I had a meeting with James from Laclede's LAN (the local group that's organizing this) and he's totally on board to bring more TF2 action to LAN. They're going to set up a TF2 pub server and, if there's enough interest, we can totally do some comp action. He's really interested in building a fun, relaxed atmosphere (in contrast to the CS guys), so I suggested some more "fun" modes, like Dodgeball, Jump Maps, Sniper Tourneys, and UltiDuo. Is there anything else you guys would suggest?

Also, I edited the first post so we can keep track of those confirmed coming. Post here if you are (and if you're registered yet!)

Also incentive- James told me they have enough prizes so roughly 1 in 4 participants will walk away with some real life gear, from mousepads to computer cases to headsets. Also, free pizza!

UPDATE: I had a meeting with James from Laclede's LAN (the local group that's organizing this) and he's totally on board to bring more TF2 action to LAN. They're going to set up a TF2 pub server and, if there's enough interest, we can totally do some comp action. He's really interested in building a fun, relaxed atmosphere (in contrast to the CS guys), so I suggested some more "fun" modes, like Dodgeball, Jump Maps, Sniper Tourneys, and UltiDuo. Is there anything else you guys would suggest?

Also, I edited the first post so we can keep track of those confirmed coming. Post here if you are (and if you're registered yet!)

Also incentive- James told me they have enough prizes so roughly 1 in 4 participants will walk away with some real life gear, from mousepads to computer cases to headsets. Also, free pizza!
1 Frags +

Odin and I are paid up.

Odin and I are paid up.
1 Frags +

1 Frags +

With less than a week left to register, there is a grand total of 1 seat left.

With less than a week left to register, there is a grand total of 1 seat left.
1 Frags +
MATHYOUWith less than a week left to register, there is a grand total of 1 seat left.

Quite a good showing for St. Louis! Hopefully the start of something great!

For those of you going, when were you going to get there?

[quote=MATHYOU]With less than a week left to register, there is a grand total of 1 seat left.[/quote]
Quite a good showing for St. Louis! Hopefully the start of something great!

For those of you going, when were you going to get there?
0 Frags +

Even though Im still at the LAN, I think it's safe to say, if you didn't make it, don't worry, cuz you didn't miss much.

Even though Im still at the LAN, I think it's safe to say, if you didn't make it, don't worry, cuz you didn't miss much.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.