Upvote Upvoted 28 Downvote Downvoted
1 2
2015 Highlander Draft (Today @ 8 EST!)
posted in Events
0 Frags +

Well the day has arrived,

The 2015 Highlander Draft Tournament is upon us! The captains have drafted and the teams are ready to play. Join us tonight and Thursday for HL draft action as the teams compete for the title. Casting will be done on eXtv and will be showcasing as many different teams as we can. Relaxing and watching some great HL matches should be a fun way to spend your evening! Good luck to all who are participating and we hope to see people tuning in tonight on Twitch.tv/extvesports!

Casters should be rotating in and out tonight but it will definately be a great time. Join Mario and myself at 8pm EST tonight!!!

Teams and brackets are as follows

http://puu.sh/hRk5Z/b89e811f77.png

(Seeds were determined by me, with no correlation to skill...)

http://puu.sh/hRgUz/0c6db119df.png

Highlander Players
Kev
Lunacide
Gabiduo
Giraffe
Tiny
Niko Jims
Justin Time (Captain)
Anon
Feint

Street Force
Skag
Route
Melon
Rev
Karl
Ender
Metawe
Fox
Stabby (Captain)

Sigacrew
Angryofficer
Etney
Spyro
Xan
Friskily
Sigafoo (Captain)
Indust
Hng
Boredy

Route from TG is High Plat
Slemnish
Aim
Lazy
DC
Eerie Person
Jackster (Captain)
Valkeri
Feroaffer
Pomf

brick Squad
Sissel
Bobby
Daft kid
Muma
brick (Captain)
Jordan
Alto
Comanglia
Scruff Mcgruff

Boxlotl or Riot
Jewfro
Connor
Classic
Hassassin
DavyC
Scratchy
Nursey
Yosh
Dimento (Captain)

Satan Take the Wheel
Alec
CJ
Satan (Captain)
Freestate
Kresnik
User
Mojoe
Hydr0
Rolls Royce

TERRY’S CREW HIGHLANDER
LINKUSER
TERRY CREWS (CAPTAIN)
GEOSUS
YEREMY
VANILLA LOVE
NOKK
RUSTY BODEGA
BOWSWER
DEER

Well the day has arrived,

The 2015 Highlander Draft Tournament is upon us! The captains have drafted and the teams are ready to play. Join us tonight and Thursday for HL draft action as the teams compete for the title. Casting will be done on eXtv and will be showcasing as many different teams as we can. Relaxing and watching some great HL matches should be a fun way to spend your evening! Good luck to all who are participating and we hope to see people tuning in tonight on Twitch.tv/extvesports!

Casters should be rotating in and out tonight but it will definately be a great time. Join Mario and myself at 8pm EST tonight!!!

Teams and brackets are as follows

[IMG]http://puu.sh/hRk5Z/b89e811f77.png[/IMG]

(Seeds were determined by me, with no correlation to skill...)

[IMG]http://puu.sh/hRgUz/0c6db119df.png[/IMG]

[b]Highlander Players[/b]
Kev
Lunacide
Gabiduo
Giraffe
Tiny
Niko Jims
Justin Time (Captain)
Anon
Feint

[b]Street Force[/b]
Skag
Route
Melon
Rev
Karl
Ender
Metawe
Fox
Stabby (Captain)

[b]Sigacrew[/b]
Angryofficer
Etney
Spyro
Xan
Friskily
Sigafoo (Captain)
Indust
Hng
Boredy

[b]Route from TG is High Plat[/b]
Slemnish
Aim
Lazy
DC
Eerie Person
Jackster (Captain)
Valkeri
Feroaffer
Pomf

[b]brick Squad[/b]
Sissel
Bobby
Daft kid
Muma
brick (Captain)
Jordan
Alto
Comanglia
Scruff Mcgruff

[b]Boxlotl or Riot[/b]
Jewfro
Connor
Classic
Hassassin
DavyC
Scratchy
Nursey
Yosh
Dimento (Captain)

[b]Satan Take the Wheel[/b]
Alec
CJ
Satan (Captain)
Freestate
Kresnik
User
Mojoe
Hydr0
Rolls Royce

[b]TERRY’S CREW HIGHLANDER[/b]
LINKUSER
TERRY CREWS (CAPTAIN)
GEOSUS
YEREMY
VANILLA LOVE
NOKK
RUSTY BODEGA
BOWSWER
DEER
3 Frags +

I just noticed that I got both the #1 pick and the #1 seed in the bracket. Thanks Grizz! #rigged

I just noticed that I got both the #1 pick and the #1 seed in the bracket. Thanks Grizz! #rigged
2 Frags +

top quality meme pick from dimento at the end there

top quality meme pick from dimento at the end there
-5 Frags +

boxlotl will not fail

boxlotl will not fail
3 Frags +

wait is that me as sniper or is there another fox

is this that thing from a few months back

woah

wait is that me as sniper or is there another fox

is this that thing from a few months back

woah
4 Frags +

Which games are being casted tonight?

Which games are being casted tonight?
0 Frags +

i don't have any idea what's going on

is it supposed to be going on now

i'm like the only one in the mumble lmao

i don't have any idea what's going on

is it supposed to be going on now

i'm like the only one in the mumble lmao
4 Frags +

Uber charge counter overlapping with the players names/health :(

Uber charge counter overlapping with the players names/health :(
4 Frags +
dashnerYeah for whatever reason the person streaming this event is using TFTV HUD which is not designed for HL (nor is it supposed to be used on extv?). I had sent the eXtv assets + HUD to the organizers but oh well I guess.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▄
░▐▄▄▄▀▀░░░░░█░░██░█░░▌██░▄▌
░░▐░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▀░░░▀▄▄▀▌
░░░▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐
░░░▐░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▌
░░░░▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐
░░░░▌░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▌
░░░░▐░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▀▐ LE CAMERAMAN HAS ARRIVED

[quote=dashner]Yeah for whatever reason the person streaming this event is using TFTV HUD which is not designed for HL (nor is it supposed to be used on extv?). I had sent the eXtv assets + HUD to the organizers but oh well I guess.[/quote]

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▄
░▐▄▄▄▀▀░░░░░█░░██░█░░▌██░▄▌
░░▐░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▀░░░▀▄▄▀▌
░░░▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐
░░░▐░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▌
░░░░▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐
░░░░▌░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▌
░░░░▐░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▀▐ LE CAMERAMAN HAS ARRIVED
11 Frags +

Worst organized event I've experienced yet. Would not sign up for another tournament organized by grizz.

Worst organized event I've experienced yet. Would not sign up for another tournament organized by grizz.
8 Frags +

just played my matches and i'm still completely confused at what's going on

just played my matches and i'm still completely confused at what's going on
6 Frags +

I really did try.

I messaged every single captain every single thing they needed to know as soon as I could. If they did not distribute that information, is that still my fault?

actually constructive criticism is appreciated, but what am I expected to do. I am ONE person doing the best I can, sorry.

Sorry if it wasn't up to standards.

I really did try.

I messaged every single captain every single thing they needed to know as soon as I could. If they did not distribute that information, is that still my fault?

actually constructive criticism is appreciated, but what am I expected to do. I am ONE person doing the best I can, sorry.

Sorry if it wasn't up to standards.
2 Frags +

Should delegate responsibilities in the future, makes it better for everyone

Should delegate responsibilities in the future, makes it better for everyone
3 Frags +

Yo grizz, it was a valid attempt. Just for the next highlander draft, don't be afraid to ask for help. This community is super gr8. And will probably help and more if just asked. Its a great idea for a event and it can only be refined from here. Let's hope for a great one next time!

Yo grizz, it was a valid attempt. Just for the next highlander draft, don't be afraid to ask for help. This community is super gr8. And will probably help and more if just asked. Its a great idea for a event and it can only be refined from here. Let's hope for a great one next time!
2 Frags +
kounterpartsYo grizz, it was a valid attempt. Just for the next highlander draft, don't be afraid to ask for help. This community is super gr8. And will probably help and more if just asked. Its a great idea for a event and it can only be refined from here. Let's hope for a great one next time!

I haven't heard anything about the competitors division, but if that's still happening I would love to help.

[quote=kounterparts]Yo grizz, it was a valid attempt. Just for the next highlander draft, don't be afraid to ask for help. This community is super gr8. And will probably help and more if just asked. Its a great idea for a event and it can only be refined from here. Let's hope for a great one next time![/quote]
I haven't heard anything about the competitors division, but if that's still happening I would love to help.
6 Frags +
KarlShould delegate responsibilities in the future, makes it better for everyone

Things are hard to do when people tell you last minute. Not to point fingers or throw out names, but committing to an event and then bailing within the last week or even worse, the day before is just horrible.

If it is casters, production crews, sponsers, competitors or just people who tell you they will be there to help, committing and then failing to follow through is hard to deal with.

its even more frustrating when I genuinely just wanted people to have a good time.

[quote=Karl]Should delegate responsibilities in the future, makes it better for everyone[/quote]

Things are hard to do when people tell you last minute. Not to point fingers or throw out names, but committing to an event and then bailing within the last week or even worse, the day before is just horrible.

If it is casters, production crews, sponsers, competitors or just people who tell you they will be there to help, committing and then failing to follow through is hard to deal with.

its even more frustrating when I genuinely just wanted people to have a good time.
2 Frags +

lol wtf is ender back?

lol wtf is ender back?
5 Frags +

Cross-posting with UGC forums.

I guess my team not knowing the rule change for payload until after it affected us was more stabby's fault, but changing a rule literally before the tournament starts is not a good idea. Why not play 2 halves of payload? It is known that the defensive team usually has a small advantage and a half is usually about 15mins, so double that is just as much as the typical 5cp map and makes it fairer. Also, as far as I know there were no clear rules about ringers and in general, the rules should've been posted before the event on this thread, instead of me having to ask brick about everything. It seemed like if they were just made on the fly and not "professional" at all. This includes the map picking, ringers and expected play time.

I also get that you needed to have something on the stream because of the viewers, but you can't blame us and messaging stabby every 5s about getting info does not help. Two of the servers we tried playing on were being DOS attacked (that's what I've been told, I'm no networking expert) and it was unplayable. The server basically gave everyone 10fps or less. We needed to have 18 people in the server when we finally settled on using Noble's server since he said he could stop the attacks but first everyone needed to be in. Just because of how long all of this took we needed to get another demo ringer and of course we would try to get the best we can (we asked Xan before b4nny but he was unavailable) but since there were no clear rules about ringers neither team was sure what to do. Jackster's team soldier also had to go to do 6s stuff so we had to wait for them to get a ringer as well. The 30 minutes or so all of this took grizz kept insisting we gave him stv info when we had told him multiple times we had to wait in order to not get attacked.

In the future if something like this is organized and you feel like it's just overwhelming, there's no reason not to ask for help. I'm sure people would've volunteered to make sure everything goes smoothly since this sort of event is good for the community and gives more relatively unknown players a chance to shine. GO FEINT.

Cross-posting with UGC forums.

I guess my team not knowing the rule change for payload until after it affected us was more stabby's fault, but changing a rule literally before the tournament starts is not a good idea. Why not play 2 halves of payload? It is known that the defensive team usually has a small advantage and a half is usually about 15mins, so double that is just as much as the typical 5cp map and makes it fairer. Also, as far as I know there were no clear rules about ringers and in general, the rules should've been posted before the event on this thread, instead of me having to ask brick about everything. It seemed like if they were just made on the fly and not "professional" at all. This includes the map picking, ringers and expected play time.

I also get that you needed to have something on the stream because of the viewers, but you can't blame us and messaging stabby every 5s about getting info does not help. Two of the servers we tried playing on were being DOS attacked (that's what I've been told, I'm no networking expert) and it was unplayable. The server basically gave everyone 10fps or less. We needed to have 18 people in the server when we finally settled on using Noble's server since he said he could stop the attacks but first everyone needed to be in. Just because of how long all of this took we needed to get another demo ringer and of course we would try to get the best we can (we asked Xan before b4nny but he was unavailable) but since there were no clear rules about ringers neither team was sure what to do. Jackster's team soldier also had to go to do 6s stuff so we had to wait for them to get a ringer as well. The 30 minutes or so all of this took grizz kept insisting we gave him stv info when we had told him multiple times we had to wait in order to not get attacked.

In the future if something like this is organized and you feel like it's just overwhelming, there's no reason not to ask for help. I'm sure people would've volunteered to make sure everything goes smoothly since this sort of event is good for the community and gives more relatively unknown players a chance to shine. GO FEINT.
4 Frags +

I'm pretty sure Grizz just said he did ask for help and the people who said they would just bailed on him.

I'm pretty sure Grizz just said he did ask for help and the people who said they would just bailed on him.
-11 Frags +
wlol wtf is ender back?

that's hl ender bro not the good ender

[quote=w]lol wtf is ender back?[/quote]

3 Frags +
Metawe-snip-

I agree. Hard to beat Grizz down about it though because he was just trying to set up a fun tournament for people to get involved in and to this point it has been fun to watch and play in.

Its not over yet but thanks to everyone involved for making it happen, even though it wasn't exactly executed perfectly.

[quote=Metawe]-snip-[/quote]

I agree. Hard to beat Grizz down about it though because he was just trying to set up a fun tournament for people to get involved in and to this point it has been fun to watch and play in.

Its not over yet but thanks to everyone involved for making it happen, even though it wasn't exactly executed perfectly.
7 Frags +
messiahwlol wtf is ender back?

he might not be the one your thinking of but that doesn't mean enderp isn't still a great player

[quote=messiah][quote=w]lol wtf is ender back?[/quote]

that's hl ender bro not the good ender[/quote]

he might not be the one your thinking of but that doesn't mean enderp isn't still a great player
3 Frags +

oh ok cuz with all the old players that have been coming back recently i thought it was him

oh ok cuz with all the old players that have been coming back recently i thought it was him
3 Frags +
Syathmessiahwlol wtf is ender back?

I realize that you're trying to defend a decent player and friend of yours but

invite scout v hl engi main will never be comparable, that's just real talk

[quote=Syath][quote=messiah][quote=w]lol wtf is ender back?[/quote]

he might not be the one your thinking of but that doesn't mean enderp isn't still a great player[/quote]

10 Frags +
mustardoverlordSyathmessiahwlol wtf is ender back?

I feel like the gripe here is the point could have been given by saying hl and 6s/invite rather than hl and good. The HL ender is good at hl which is the topic of this thread. It may be teammate bias but those are my two cents.

Hype for draft finals.

[quote=mustardoverlord][quote=Syath][quote=messiah][quote=w]lol wtf is ender back?[/quote]

he might not be the one your thinking of but that doesn't mean enderp isn't still a great player[/quote]

invite scout v hl engi main will never be comparable, that's just real talk[/quote]

I feel like the gripe here is the point could have been given by saying hl and 6s/invite rather than hl and good. The HL ender is good at hl which is the topic of this thread. It may be teammate bias but those are my two cents.

Hype for draft finals.
4 Frags +

I talked to grizz after and it seems stabby had a bigger role than I thought in all of the miscommunications that happened. He wasn't the only one to blame of course and neither was grizz. I hope grizz still considers organizing future events and I'm willing to help him anyway he needs.

I talked to grizz after and it seems stabby had a bigger role than I thought in all of the miscommunications that happened. He wasn't the only one to blame of course and neither was grizz. I hope grizz still considers organizing future events and I'm willing to help him anyway he needs.
1 Frags +

Yeah I was pretty out of it. Not sure what miscommunications occurred but I'm sure I suck at things.

Sorry :(

Yeah I was pretty out of it. Not sure what miscommunications occurred but I'm sure I suck at things.

Sorry :(
2 Frags +

Fight me at gxl.

Fight me at gxl.
-11 Frags +
Enderpmessiahwlol wtf is ender back?

Fight me at gxl.

very funny!

[quote=Enderp][quote=messiah][quote=w]lol wtf is ender back?[/quote]

Fight me at gxl.[/quote]
very funny!
-1 Frags +

what?

what?
1 2
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.