Upvote Upvoted -170 Downvote Downvoted
1 2
remove anonymity from +/- frags
posted in The Dumpster
-154 Frags +

IT'S TIME PEOPLE

we got rid of alts, this is the next logical step.

I'm not suggesting we remove the +/- frag system, only the anonymity of it

benefits:

-people can't use alts to +/- frag anymore as easily

-people can't just ask their team/their friends to +frag a thread without everyone seeing it

-people will abuse -frags less

downsides:

-if ur a lil bitch ull be scurred

DO IT

IT'S TIME PEOPLE

we got rid of alts, this is the next logical step.

I'm not suggesting we remove the +/- frag system, only the anonymity of it

benefits:

-people can't use alts to +/- frag anymore as easily

-people can't just ask their team/their friends to +frag a thread without everyone seeing it

-people will abuse -frags less

downsides:

-if ur a lil bitch ull be scurred

DO IT
-15 Frags +

Honestly not a bad idea. I'd be ok with this.

Honestly not a bad idea. I'd be ok with this.
25 Frags +

does it really matters who plus/minus frags you or anyone

does it really matters who plus/minus frags you or anyone
29 Frags +

Interesting minus frags there.

Interesting minus frags there.
25 Frags +

Who honestly cares about +/- frags? If anything, they're an indicator as to when you're acting like an insufferable douchebag. Who actually goes out of their way to get friends to +frag posts?

Who honestly cares about +/- frags? If anything, they're an indicator as to when you're acting like an insufferable douchebag. Who actually goes out of their way to get friends to +frag posts?
28 Frags +

i just minus fragged your post

because it was a bad post

cya

i just minus fragged your post

because it was a bad post

cya
13 Frags +

nice try mustard

nice try mustard
10 Frags +

You forgot a downside:

-Makes people who vote on posts targets for attacks, especially the DDoS kind.

Yeah, I don't think so.

You forgot a downside:

-Makes people who vote on posts targets for attacks, especially the DDoS kind.

Yeah, I don't think so.
1 Frags +

Who do you care so much??

Who do you care so much??
-12 Frags +

http://teamfortress.tv/forum/thread/3216/1

there is no downside unless you can't give a real reason to -frag someone other than "i don't like him" or "he is being -fragged so im -fragging him".

panzerxiiiWho honestly cares about +/- frags? If anything, they're an indicator as to when you're acting like an insufferable douchebag. Who actually goes out of their way to get friends to +frag posts?

i think removing anonymity will convince us to use +/-frags correctly. all it basically means is agree/disagree or good post/bad post, etc. rather than "this guy is my friend/this guy is a faget"

i think i'd be cool if we got a notification like on facebook for +frags. "mustardopenlord +fragged your post!" but that'd probably be a lot of work.

for anyone saying "frags don't matter", why not completely remove +/-frags? but of course you wouldn't want that.

http://teamfortress.tv/forum/thread/3216/1

there is no downside unless you can't give a real reason to -frag someone other than "i don't like him" or "he is being -fragged so im -fragging him".

[quote=panzerxiii]Who honestly cares about +/- frags? If anything, they're an indicator as to when you're acting like an insufferable douchebag. Who actually goes out of their way to get friends to +frag posts?[/quote]

i think removing anonymity will convince us to use +/-frags correctly. all it basically means is agree/disagree or good post/bad post, etc. rather than "this guy is my friend/this guy is a faget"

i think i'd be cool if we got a notification like on facebook for +frags. "mustardopenlord +fragged your post!" but that'd probably be a lot of work.

for anyone saying "frags don't matter", why not completely remove +/-frags? but of course you wouldn't want that.
0 Frags +

How about an account option like "hide frags" or "hide frags until mouseover"? For some people, the frag system is like a big party and they're probably not invited, so giving people the option to not even see the invitation seems all right.

How about an account option like "hide frags" or "hide frags until mouseover"? For some people, the frag system is like a big party and they're probably not invited, so giving people the option to not even see the invitation seems all right.
-2 Frags +

man, to +frag or -frag? So hard to answer. Can we have like a third option that says "I like this but I don't like it THAT much"?

man, to +frag or -frag? So hard to answer. Can we have like a third option that says "I like this but I don't like it THAT much"?
1 Frags +

is it because of this post?
http://teamfortress.tv/forum/thread/5496/2#post-88206
just get over with it

is it because of this post?
http://teamfortress.tv/forum/thread/5496/2#post-88206
just get over with it
1 Frags +

what will this accomplish
(hint: nothing)

what will this accomplish
(hint: nothing)
7 Frags +

downsides: i'll have to read a bunch of retarded shit from you and other people who actually care about frags whining at the people who minus frag you

ps: i minus fragged you

downsides: i'll have to read a bunch of retarded shit from you and other people who actually care about frags whining at the people who minus frag you

ps: i minus fragged you
6 Frags +

Think of the biggest plus side, we can see who plusfrags their own posts

Think of the biggest plus side, we can see who plusfrags their own posts
1 Frags +

I'm going to be completely honest and save you some time by saying I -fragged it
I just don't want to get in a fight every time I cast a vote

I'm going to be completely honest and save you some time by saying I -fragged it
I just don't want to get in a fight every time I cast a vote
10 Frags +

-5 Frags +

Add a reason for the frags so that people can stop having spaz attacks in mumble of them getting -fragged

Add a reason for the frags so that people can stop having spaz attacks in mumble of them getting -fragged
6 Frags +

I thought this was a good idea until I read this

TechnobladeI just don't want to get in a fight every time I cast a vote

If we thought the pastebins were bad, just wait till the screencapped frag records are thrown in the mix. People +/- frag pretty carelessly, I can already see nerds using that garbage as argument ammo.

I thought this was a good idea until I read this

[quote=Technoblade]I just don't want to get in a fight every time I cast a vote[/quote]

If we thought the pastebins were bad, just wait till the screencapped frag records are thrown in the mix. People +/- frag pretty carelessly, I can already see nerds using that garbage as argument ammo.
2 Frags +
kaceman, to +frag or -frag? So hard to answer. Can we have like a third option that says "I like this but I don't like it THAT much"?

Yeah it's called not voting on a post

[quote=kace]man, to +frag or -frag? So hard to answer. Can we have like a third option that says "I like this but I don't like it THAT much"?[/quote]
Yeah it's called not voting on a post
3 Frags +

http://i.imgur.com/KJj6W3Z.jpg

[img]http://i.imgur.com/KJj6W3Z.jpg[/img]
1 Frags +

should this become a new thing, rip lft threads

should this become a new thing, rip lft threads
3 Frags +

here I'll start.
I minus fragged u

here I'll start.
I minus fragged u
6 Frags +

why not remove them entirely

why not remove them entirely
0 Frags +

It doesn't matter who +/- frags anyone.

Also I minus fragged you.

It doesn't matter who +/- frags anyone.

Also I minus fragged you.
-1 Frags +

people care about +/-frags?

people care about +/-frags?
1 Frags +

oh. ok

oh. ok
8 Frags +
wpminnowswhy not remove them entirely

I'm on board for this. It just supports the bandwagon reddit mentality where people look at the frag count to influence their opinion.

[quote=wpminnows]why not remove them entirely[/quote]I'm on board for this. It just supports the bandwagon reddit mentality where people look at the frag count to influence their opinion.
1 Frags +

yeah so then we can have people messaging you starting drama because you liked or didn't like a post.

please i dont want facebook

yeah so then we can have people messaging you starting drama because you liked or didn't like a post.

please i dont want facebook
1 2
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.